superleague.co.uk

Dave T

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

You speak of priorities @EastLondonMike, surely the basic priority of any Media Department is to ensure your customer facing tools is filled with content that is current, accurate and engaging.

So I guess with your insinuation about priorities, is that a fit for purpose Media Department is not a high priority for the RFL and or SLE (either that runs the shambles of a site), then that would only reinforce my faith (or lack thereof) in either of those organisations to deliver the game to a wider audience.

I think many more of us than not are really at our wits end with the executives running the game in the northern hemisphere.

i agree. I think their priorities are with the obvious social media apps and the OurLeague app, and not the websites. Whereas naturally it should be all and more.

This is one of the areas where the knowledge gap exists.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

19 hours ago, Click said:

I think it is hilarious that the next match is Skolars Vs Wigan - But they haven't even got the Skolar's club badge, it's just an L. 

This is the official website - it's amateur. 

If you go on the 'Clubs' section, for Salford they have a picture of Saints players. 

I've mentioned it on another thread and I'll mention it again, the player Profiles show any interested but new punters what a tin pot organisation we have. Not hard to get up to date photos for all players, not hard to link to players Twitter at the bottom where all the social media links say 'player not on social' (when the vast majority are!) These links are crucial, traffic should flow both ways. Jeez you could run it adequately with a part timer running a small team of volunteers. 

17 hours ago, Dave T said:

If you go on the 'Clubs' section, for Salford they have a picture of Saints players. 

I don't even want to check if that's true.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I don't even want to check if that's true.

Depressingly it is. 

With only a fortnight to go, they have half updated the squad profiles. So Wire have two number 7's, Widdopp and the new lads have no photos, and it's all a bit of a mess really. 

I'd rather they have a banner saying 'coming soon' 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Depressingly it is. 

With only a fortnight to go, they have half updated the squad profiles. So Wire have two number 7's, Widdopp and the new lads have no photos, and it's all a bit of a mess really. 

I'd rather they have a banner saying 'coming soon' 

I had a look and even Lannon is in a Hull KR shirt - he played for us for the last half of the season last year!

1 minute ago, Smudger06 said:

Konrad Hurrel, if you go to his profile is the only one I've found that is done properly, there's a photo, he's got Leeds team wear on,  it's got his Twitter handle and displays his feed at the bottom, only another 300 to do before the season starts ?

It should be done vise versa aswell though, so that the players Twitter bio at the top displays a link to profile on the SL website.

• 3 weeks later...

So, was interested in the stats for last night's game. It gets worse. 

Wigan have 6 players without a photo, Wire have only 16 players - Matty Ashton left out of the list. You can't sort by each category, and there are no team level stats. They have done some really good stuff with the recent new content on TV, but since taking over this from the RFL they have pretty much ballsed it up.

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Wigan have 6 players without a photo, Wire have only 16 players - Matty Ashton left out of the list. You can't sort by each category, and there are no team level stats. They have done some really good stuff with the recent new content on TV, but since taking over this from the RFL they have pretty much ballsed it up.

I had no reaction to sorting last year using iPad.  Not sure if this is a common thing or just an issue with my settings though.

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

I had no reaction to sorting last year using iPad.  Not sure if this is a common thing or just an issue with my settings though.

It's probably wiser to assume the problem is on their end - It tends to be when this website is involved!

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Sorting doesn't seem to be a feature anymore. It is on the list behind "include the full team".

22 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The pictures clearly exist as we saw them in the team line ups at the start of the show. Ridiculously amateur.

1 minute ago, YCKonstantine said:

The pictures clearly exist as we saw them in the team line ups at the start of the show. Ridiculously amateur.

I think they are Sky's pics versus the superleague ones, as these have some of them in poses. But, there is no excuse for not having all of the squads completed by the start of the season.

A quick check of 5 or 6 clubs though does suggest that it is only Wigan, so maybe they didn't send all of their players on the day.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Sorting doesn't seem to be a feature anymore. It is on the list behind "include the full team".

For balance I have no issues sorting stats on the website - you click on the category at the top

Agree with all the other shambolic comments though

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Couldn’t find it.  Sorry, I thought you meant query when you referred to ‘list’.

The RFL stats doesn’t allow me to query but the Superleague website does.  

23 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

For balance I have no issues sorting stats on the website - you click on the category at the top

Agree with all the other shambolic comments though

Tried it on a few different browsers and it ain't working anymore for me

1 hour ago, FearTheVee said:

Don’t know why people still have an issue with the attention to detail of the people at superleague hq

B8F97489-9018-4A68-A19A-363AD5A089FE.jpeg

Nothing to see here .....

I do find it funny how much stick the BBC get for not getting certain things right.. But when you see our own governing body do things like this, you don't really have to wonder.

Archived