Who doesn’t like dinosaurs, eh?

Recently been made aware of a couple of new theories following a recent Radio 4 programme:

The T Rex is closer in chronology to the invention of the mobile phone than it is to the stegosaurus.

That the evolution of the dinosaurs gradually favoured a general move towards four legged herbivores to accommodate larger stomachs for dealing with vegetation (apart from a few notable carnivores).

Anybody else fascinated with them?

24 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Sorry, haha, Mods can you please move this to AOB main instead of the Political subsection!

Done.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

12 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Who doesn’t like dinosaurs, eh?

Recently been made aware of a couple of new theories following a recent Radio 4 programme:

The T Rex is closer in chronology to the invention of the mobile phone than it is to the stegosaurus.

That the evolution of the dinosaurs gradually favoured a general move towards four legged herbivores to accommodate larger stomachs for dealing with vegetation (apart from a few notable carnivores).

Anybody else fascinated with them?

If it is the same programme I heard it was very good. 

I already was aware of the vast differences in time between early dinos and the last ones and then time to our appearance on the scene. The time scales are mind boggling.

Dinosaurs were top dog for an unimaginable length of time compared to our fleeting moment on this planet. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

15 minutes ago, Padge said:

If it is the same programme I heard it was very good. 

I already was aware of the vast differences in time between early dinos and the last ones and then time to our appearance on the scene. The time scales are mind boggling.

Dinosaurs were top dog for an unimaginable length of time compared to our fleeting moment on this planet. 

Did they have franchising or P and R ?

13 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The dinosaurs obviously had a licensing style system as each branch was lasting for millions of years without going bust, straight P&R would have seen a lot of them dying out every ten years or so and appearing with a new skin as a slightly different less evolved version.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

15 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You should have heard how chippy the Jurassic lot were about the Cretaceous period. "Where are the characters these days? The jinking Ceratosaurs? The ball-playing Apatosaurs? The flying Archaeopteryxes on the wing? That Tyrannosaurus Rex wasn't as hard as the Allosaurus - bring back the Biff! Small theropods in the park, jumpers for goalposts - marvellous isn't it?"

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived