Official's for Ike Southward game

Callum Linford 98

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hewer is a good choice for the ref's position,I was one of many that always thought he was a biased ###### when it came to our derbies,but have to admit he hasn't done a bad job of late,and we will see on Sunday how he runs the game...???

3 hours ago, rockerlad said:

£13 early bird if you go before 12 ???

Who wants to go 2hrs before a game? Leaving you spending even more by the time you have 2 pints in your spare 2hrs?

Wigan vs Leeds is £15 this week.

Ill just stick to the reds on Saturday I think

16 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Who wants to go 2hrs before a game? Leaving you spending even more by the time you have 2 pints in your spare 2hrs?

Wigan vs Leeds is £15 this week.

Ill just stick to the reds on Saturday I think

I'm still hoping to get along, but those prices are not exactly encouraging me. 

5 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

True fans eh it’s a split gate more that’s there more money town get, why don’t you congregate in one area and count how many of you there are before the “haven said there was 250 of us crack”

Shocking to charge £17 for a pre -season friendly as lets face it theres only gonna be C1  players on display. Probably fans on both sides won't have that this time of year 

11 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

True fans eh it’s a split gate more that’s there more money town get, why don’t you congregate in one area and count how many of you there are before the “haven said there was 250 of us crack”

Totally understand it's a split gate. And it's a derby. You get the feeling that the fans are being exploited that's all. In what is a pre season friendly in essence, and a game that CT has openly said trailists will be played, £17 is a rip off. 

International standard players will be on show in the wigan Leeds game. Not lads who've played amateur rugby till last season

38 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

?? are you a true fan?

I wouldn't be surprised if Town had better gates than Haven next season as they weren't exactly flocking to the wreck in a league winning season. Most fans are fickle and the same things would be said if the flip flop was on the other foot.

Do you honestly think it should be more expensive than Leeds v Wigan?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

15 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

Are you telling people where to stand now. ? Will be standing I'm my kitchen so I don't have to put up with clowns like you. 

19 hours ago, town4me said:

Shocking to charge £17 for a pre -season friendly as lets face it theres only gonna be C1  players on display. Probably fans on both sides won't have that this time of year 

Both Town and Haven have always charged the full price for this fixture, it's the £17 to watch 2nd tier rugby that's the problem. A £2 hike from last season seems excessive but I would imagine some championship clubs will be charging more. 

41 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

I would imagine some championship clubs will be charging more. 

They probably will be for league fixtures with a season ticket option to reduce it slightly.  But £17 for a pre season "blow the cobwebs off" game will put people off. 

8 hours ago, town4me said:

They probably will be for league fixtures with a season ticket option to reduce it slightly.  But £17 for a pre season "blow the cobwebs off" game will put people off. 

The fact its at the Wreck was enough to put me off. ?

I'll be gritting my teeth and paying the ridiculous £17 as it's a waste of 2hrs when you aren't on the ####. But I need to go and support my team and see how the new lads perform as it's been a very long off season. I'll boldly predict a Town win 26-22 with the usual nailbiting last ten mins. On the plus side it's stopped raining and it's not Tim Crashley in the middle to sin bin everyone and spoil the game. UTT

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, GentlemanJim said:

Talking to Whitehaven lads at work today. They were saying there doesn’t seem to be much buzz about the club this preseason given they’ve just been promoted. Hardly any promotion of the Ike game, hardly anybody on their forum, not many communications from the club. 

Season long relegation  battle. They dont have have a championship squad 

Archived