Official's for Ike Southward game

Callum Linford 98

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DavidM said:

Sorry pal that is the biggest myth in sport . It helps and it can get you so far but being good enough is ultimately what tells in any sport 

The above done heaven well last season, don't you think

31 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

Ridyard and Shorrocks to come in, in fairness draw probably a fair result, town played well and haven played last 10 minutes. Hope the injured on both sides are not as bad as they look.

Heard nowt about ridyard , shorrocks yes and an Aussie fair play to town done well today wouldn't have argued if they won

3 minutes ago, JMB said:

2 slightly different leagues, wouldn't you say. 

You lot relied on a good defence last season, very little in attack, same as today. That defence is not going to go well in the championship, coupled with a poor attack then it doesn't bode well. 

7 minutes ago, JMB said:

Sure , I didn’t say otherwise . But not on those characteristics alone .  No team wins any league or achieves because they just want to . Everyone would do it . They overall were the best side . Character was great no doubt , added to everything else it was enough in an average league ...but in this league which is pretty brutal they’ll need a whole lot more than that . It’s unforgiving . 

Hearing Caine could be out with ligament damage, Ell had a bit of a pull before the match far play to him for having a shot, was really looking forward to seeing Marcus O'Brien playing but he also has a niggling injury, Calvin missing with a niggling injury also, Gabriel looked the part at full back and I really like young Hanley he is going to be some player, Alex did well and looks very promising, and the two young lads that came on late will have gained good experience from this, on to the game silly penalties cost us, every time we had them pinned in there 25 Hewer marched them up the field and into ours!! 

Congratulations Haven on the win, I am not to disappointed, we have a lot to be excited about some additions in the forwards the return of FFMM very soon and I think we can be very excited about the future, UTT. 

41 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

Ridyard and Shorrocks to come in, in fairness draw probably a fair result, town played well and haven played last 10 minutes. Hope the injured on both sides are not as bad as they look.

Don’t know about Shorrocks but would be very surprised if Martin Ridyard was going to Whitehaven. Didn’t he sign a new contract with Leigh last November, no doubt Leigh would want a decent bit of cash to release him and cannot see a move to Whitehaven being a good move when you’ve just been granted a testimonial!

For what FFMM receives in wages, think id prefer the club looked about for a couple of young forwards who haven't had a chance yet at semi pro  rugby, still a few top forwards knocking about in the NCL, 

8 minutes ago, JMB said:

For what FFMM receives in wages, think id prefer the club looked about for a couple of young forwards who haven't had a chance yet at semi pro  rugby, still a few top forwards knocking about in the NCL, 

So, what wages is he on? 

FFMM was good for us last season.  I hope we get him back. He put fire in the team when we looked flat ! 

Forber seems to get overlooked. Played well today. Quick hands and brilliant kicker. 

Fell was good as fullback. Also wish we had Tyler Mellor in the team. 

Scholey was a good contender for man of the match for Town. 

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

So, what wages is he on? 

Not  sure  but it wont be pennies will it, and it will be more than the other local lads  wont it, 

1 minute ago, JMB said:

Not  sure  but it wont be pennies will it, and it will be more than the other local lads  wont it, 

I don't know, and neither do you. But town are doing both, having moi moi and also bringing in local players, so I'm not sure what your point is. 

4 minutes ago, LancashireTown said:

Tickle has gone, if he plays again it will be for Rochdale with Penky! O’Donnell out for months with an operation and Caine has potentionally broke his foot, currently having an x-ray at hospital 

If all that is correct I would like to know what we have done to deserve the bad luck we seem to get. Hopefully Elliot’s hamstring pull isn’t too bad or it will have been a really bad day.

Really hope that Aussie 2nd row is packing  his bags ready to come over! 

10 minutes ago, IanMac said:

If all that is correct I would like to know what we have done to deserve the bad luck we seem to get. Hopefully Elliot’s hamstring pull isn’t too bad or it will have been a really bad day.

Really hope that Aussie 2nd row is packing  his bags ready to come over! 

And the number 6

Archived