Official's for Ike Southward game

Callum Linford 98

19 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

So so predictable that ending!

Thought we played very well second half. of the newcomers liked the look of Hanley Dawson and Fell, but the potentially the biggest signing could be Elliot Hall, looks to have real speed

Looks promising. Thought he would show a clean pair of heels on his way to the try line. Got caught a foot short of the line ?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, dkw said:

I don't know, and neither do you. But town are doing both, having moi moi and also bringing in local players, so I'm not sure what your point is. 

my point is I think money could be better spent, but only my view

I liked both wingers and Fitzy plays a different game to last time he was here. He's going to be a really good ball playing forward for us. We only had one of our first choice centres for half an hour and two hookers missing and even though they had a much bigger pack we lost nothing there. Not knocking the lads effort but Marwood isn't the best tackler, when the others are fit I'd prefer him off the bench. Doran's slight of hand and kick for the tries were top drawer, overall it was encouraging .

2 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I liked both wingers and Fitzy plays a different game to last time he was here. He's going to be a really good ball playing forward for us. We only had one of our first choice centres for half an hour and two hookers missing and even though they had a much bigger pack we lost nothing there. Not knocking the lads effort but Marwood isn't the best tackler, when the others are fit I'd prefer him off the bench. Doran's slight of hand and kick for the tries were top drawer, overall it was encouraging .

Doran is at another level when inform, always said it, Marwood will improve with game  time,  its early doors folk, 

Just now, townie88 said:

Thought marwoods defence was spot on. For a lad playing 60 minutes against a big pack. Thought he done well

Absolutely.
Brilliant defence from Marwood today, apart from two times when he went high on Coward and Aiye and got bounced off, other than that he tackled anyone who ran at him. 

Thought the chance of 2 PTS with a pen kick was the turning point in the game, would have been 8 PTS lead,but overall haven were the bigger team but played a bit 1 out,all credit to Dawson an marwood who defended there hearts out all game,if town could have played the ball quicker think town would be dangerous.thought town went forward well off marwood and doran ,and good shape in the back line, better days to come?

4 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Thought the chance of 2 PTS with a pen kick was the turning point in the game, would have been 8 PTS lead,but overall haven were the bigger team but played a bit 1 out,all credit to Dawson an marwood who defended there hearts out all game,if town could have played the ball quicker think town would be dangerous.thought town went forward well off marwood and doran ,and good shape in the back line, better days to come?

Agree should have taken the 2

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

Hearing Caine has not broken anything just bad bruising. 

Really hope thats right, didnt look good when he went off and came back with an ice boot on and on crutches

I can see caine being our best forward this season by a country mile if he stays fit

3 hours ago, David69 said:

Think gary be bring them in a few times this season.?

Some one winding you up, trying to stir things, they are back on Wednesday training, 

After reading all posts about how bad Haven are and we’re gonna get stuffed in championship, all I would say is so what we’re a Cumbrian team with two committed travellers and two PNG living local. I for one think we will be in every game at the Rec if we get beat so be it we have cried out for local side and we have it, looking at it gonna see Toulouse, Widnes, Leigh, Bradford ect at Rec we’re your gonna see West Wales, Coventry ect know who I would rather watch IMO.

16 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

After reading all posts about how bad Haven are and we’re gonna get stuffed in championship, all I would say is so what we’re a Cumbrian team with two committed travellers and two PNG living local. I for one think we will be in every game at the Rec if we get beat so be it we have cried out for local side and we have it, looking at it gonna see Toulouse, Widnes, Leigh, Bradford ect at Rec we’re your gonna see West Wales, Coventry ect know who I would rather watch IMO.

Well your 2 PNG have to live local as they won't commute will they? Are you counting them as local now by saying that? You have got your "local" team so get down early to get in at a reasonable price and get smashed so it won't matter what the score is as the only time you'll be in some games is at the start!? (joking!)

Seriously though you have to realise you are on a Town forum when you are reading these comments, but surely yesterday will highlight that you will struggle next season in the championship. You will give some teams a good game and win a few, but to survive you will have to be very lucky on the injury front and hope rival teams aren't. Good luck though and stick with the players. Hope you stay up and we join you. UTT

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

52 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

Which two out of Taylor Thompson and Thackray are the committed travellers?

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

18 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

we are our own worst enemies you just knew we wouldn't have the compusure to see the game out.

Key point this . How many times in recent seasons have we let good positions slip .. 12 point leads or more . And how many times have we been done late on . These games can easily be the difference between achieving something and another season of what ifs . It’s been to much of a recurring theme ... whether it’s discipline , errors or really poor composure and game management , it’s bit us on the backside . Now this one doesn’t matter in itself , but it’s not isolated . And if we’re gonna progress and aim to get promoted we simply must sort  it - play smarter , play smoother and play better from infront . Especially to close out games . Small margins in this league , don’t throw anything away through your own frayed edges . To often in recent times we’ve been our own worst enemies and played in patches 

From a neutral point of view (one I had to take yesterday) Workington looking as though they were lacking just that little bit of aggression up front at times. You'd think Fui Fui Moi Moi would sort that. The backs were a lot better than we've seen for a while and Marwood showed promise considering he hadn't played many minutes last season. Whitehaven reverted to up the middle stuff and it didn't work. As the breakaway tries showed. Taking Dion and Dixon out of the occasion and Whitehaven will struggle terribly. As for the last penalty that lead to the Callum Philips try. It's a blatant strip on Dawson. 

All in all a lot of positives for Workington to take to barrow and onto the season. Whitehaven will be happy with a win but I'd think that'll be all. 

52 minutes ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

From a neutral point of view (one I had to take yesterday) Workington looking as though they were lacking just that little bit of aggression up front at times. You'd think Fui Fui Moi Moi would sort that. The backs were a lot better than we've seen for a while and Marwood showed promise considering he hadn't played many minutes last season. Whitehaven reverted to up the middle stuff and it didn't work. As the breakaway tries showed. Taking Dion and Dixon out of the occasion and Whitehaven will struggle terribly. As for the last penalty that lead to the Callum Philips try. It's a blatant strip on Dawson. 

All in all a lot of positives for Workington to take to barrow and onto the season. Whitehaven will be happy with a win but I'd think that'll be all. 

Brilliant Neutrality there Callum, well done young man. ????

Archived