Official's for Ike Southward game

Callum Linford 98

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Key point this . How many times in recent seasons have we let good positions slip .. 12 point leads or more . And how many times have we been done late on . These games can easily be the difference between achieving something and another season of what ifs . It’s been to much of a recurring theme ... whether it’s discipline , errors or really poor composure and game management , it’s bit us on the backside . Now this one doesn’t matter in itself , but it’s not isolated . And if we’re gonna progress and aim to get promoted we simply must sort  it - play smarter , play smoother and play better from infront . Especially to close out games . Small margins in this league , don’t throw anything away through your own frayed edges . To often in recent times we’ve been our own worst enemies and played in patches 

Our discipline was poor, but the ref took the ###### at one point awarding 3 penalties in quick succession to haven for things he had been letting go, at a time when were putting them under a lot of pressure. He also strangely found a few offsides when they were coming out of their 20, then stopped doing it.

On the bright side I think only town can take positives from yesterday.  Still somethings to work on like discipline in particular, but a new look side that had a good go and showed promise. I don't think our lads are possibly getting dragged in for training tonight due to yesterday.  

3 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

After reading all posts about how bad Haven are and we’re gonna get stuffed in championship, all I would say is so what we’re a Cumbrian team with two committed travellers and two PNG living local. I for one think we will be in every game at the Rec if we get beat so be it we have cried out for local side and we have it, looking at it gonna see Toulouse, Widnes, Leigh, Bradford ect at Rec we’re your gonna see West Wales, Coventry ect know who I would rather watch IMO.

Are Rydiard and Shorrocks Cumbrian, if not it would appear that you’ve realised the weaknesses of your Cumbrian side and are looking to bring in the travellers that you need!

24 minutes ago, dkw said:

Our discipline was poor, but the ref took the ###### at one point awarding 3 penalties in quick succession to haven for things he had been letting go, at a time when were putting them under a lot of pressure. He also strangely found a few offsides when they were coming out of their 20, then stopped doing it.

Read my comment at beginning of this post. I said he'd be biased in favour of Haven. And I was spot on

4 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

You need to take a leaf out of John Cox's book Callum, not a biased bone in that man's body. ?

“ Penalty against haven . I have no idea what that was for . I’m looking around ...no , no one knows what that was for . Bemusing . This referee today , honestly . The Hunslet player now getting stretchered off unconscious . Obviously slipped on the greasy surface there is all I can think of . “

3 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

After reading all posts about how bad Haven are and we’re gonna get stuffed in championship, all I would say is so what we’re a Cumbrian team with two committed travellers and two PNG living local. I for one think we will be in every game at the Rec if we get beat so be it we have cried out for local side and we have it, looking at it gonna see Toulouse, Widnes, Leigh, Bradford ect at Rec we’re your gonna see West Wales, Coventry ect know who I would rather watch IMO.

Three horse race. Best team from haven oldham and Swinton stays up. All three have a chance but on yesterday you are lacking quality in key areas and as for all cumbrian clubs the geographical element doesn't help you.

Penalty count in League Express is 13 - 9 in Havens favour

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

28 minutes ago, DavidM said:

“ Penalty against haven . I have no idea what that was for . I’m looking around ...no , no one knows what that was for . Bemusing . This referee today , honestly . The Hunslet player now getting stretchered off unconscious . Obviously slipped on the greasy surface there is all I can think of . “

You forgot the Kells end are going bananas reference as they always knew better than the referee

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

1 minute ago, gillmeister said:

You forgot the Kells end are going bananas reference as they always knew better than the referee

And said player who the referee is talking to ... he’s a good lad , not a dirty bone in his body . And I know his dad . 
He always seemed to especially dislike Colin Morris ... remember him ? Mind , he did cause some havoc all over the place !

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

And said player who the referee is talking to ... he’s a good lad , not a dirty bone in his body . And I know his dad . 
He always seemed to especially dislike Colin Morris ... remember him ? Mind , he did cause some havoc all over the place !

Good old Colin, used to referee get a taste for the nectar and end up on an overnight stay

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Penalty counts are a very grey area and sometimes misleading . It all depends on where on the pitch they are given , and how far through the tackle count  you are . For instance offside in the opponents 20 on last tackle , they then get piggy backed down the field and another 6 , or offside in your own 20 when defending on first tackle , not much advantage unless they take the two .Also lots of soft penalties late on when the games already won , just to even the count up a bit . 

6 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Penalty counts are a very grey area and sometimes misleading . It all depends on where on the pitch they are given , and how far through the tackle count  you are . For instance offside in the opponents 20 on last tackle , they then get piggy backed down the field and another 6 , or offside in your own 20 when defending on first tackle , not much advantage unless they take the two .Also lots of soft penalties late on when the games already won , just to even the count up a bit . 

And hugely influential. We tried a chip over the top and gave away possession and got penalised in the tackle...they March downfield and score in the corner. Then instead of getting a penalty for a ball steal he plays on and we concede the winning try. 

Archived