Hull FC friendly @ Fox,s Biscuit Stadium

Batley Bob

43 minutes ago, colinb said:

Agree. We have a speedy winger in Niall Walker if we can keep him fit??

Centres we need cover . 

Totally agree. I really like Walker, it's such a pity he seems to be made out of glass and unable to stay fit for two weeks running.

I wouldn't want to rely on him to play more than 8 games a season.

Galbraith is decent too, if he could cut out the stupidity. He gives so many daft penalties away though, I don't think we can afford him in the side, if we are looking to progress. On his day he's as good as most in the division. He was awesome against Swinton at home last season for instance, but he never really managed to replicate that performance.

It's only my opinion, but both would make great cover, rather than first choice players. 

Do we need 3 full backs ?

Rettie I thought may of dropped South to hunslet for 2020 as hes at best a centre now. This is based on pace and age

For all the glory attributed to alex Brown and ainscough their defensive awareness and 1 on 1 was fragile.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

5 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Rettie I thought may of dropped South to hunslet for 2020 as hes at best a centre now. This is based on pace and age

For all the glory attributed to alex Brown and ainscough their defensive awareness and 1 on 1 was fragile.

Rettie can still return a ball or take one up though

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

23 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Not sure how Ainy turned up in this thread but I always thought that he was very aware defensively.  It is interesting how perception of players varies.

When a score goes through one of our edges it's the pattern for many more.

Rettie is there for his returns now certainly not his pace. Perhaps moving inside and Dale Morton becoming his wing partner. K. Tomo not the answer in centres

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Cowling and uglia both liked physio bench visits after 80 mins.

Tampon syndrome 1 week in 3 out!!!!

As I've said on another thread we always seem to be back of the class when it comes to recruitment and DR arrangements or even loans. I hope the board and coach are still searching through SL clubs for a few spares as we have a lot of players in our squad who aren't anywhere near first choice material. Woolpack are struggling to bring in class due to their cap, ring Nobby for a couple, Giants must have 2 players needing game time, even Wire don't have an arrangement, just ring.

Bowman white and lunt have much to do. Glad to have them than play against 

What have we announced as crowd number

I thought we played ok in spells. In these pre season friendlies we really do need to try something different. Why don't we ever go for a 40/20, or chip over the top and chase. We could even try kicking out to touch from a kick off and get head and ball or even going for a short kick off now and again instead of only doing it in the last 5 mins when we are chasing a game. Why oh why do we always insist on kicking it to the same player from a kick off all the time, maybe kick one now and again along the floor it is much harder to collect. Hope we can try some of these tactics against the giants.

38 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

I thought we played ok in spells. In these pre season friendlies we really do need to try something different. Why don't we ever go for a 40/20, or chip over the top and chase. We could even try kicking out to touch from a kick off and get head and ball or even going for a short kick off now and again instead of only doing it in the last 5 mins when we are chasing a game. Why oh why do we always insist on kicking it to the same player from a kick off all the time, maybe kick one now and again along the floor it is much harder to collect. Hope we can try some of these tactics against the giants.

i remember Yates kicking off along the ground and finding touch three times when he played for Rochdale against us, im sure he or the kicker could try this down hill.

45 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

I thought Lunt down the blindside should of come off but we don’t seem to follow him or play off the same sheet 

expect a young giants side with a few first team in... 

hopefully we see our 1 6 7 9 and 13 play long minutes together 

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

Surely the pont is to firmly embed the structures that will be followed during the real season?

Like all standing together in a tight group under the posts every 10 minutes or so.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived