Wolfhunt on TalkSport good interview

6 hours ago, RedandGreenMachine said:

Interesting fact.... The name Sherwood Wolf Hunt derived from a group of Hunters who went into Sherwood forest in medieval times to hunt wolves, and to protect local people. 

The group of Hunters were based in Mansfield Woodhouse on the edge of the forest, and were know as the 'Wolf Hunt'. 

You must be involved with Wolf Hunt given your name and that was your first post?

If so, can you let us know a bit about the club - how many players you have, what sort of crowds the first team get, do you have any long term ambitions to progress into the NCL or L1? Just being nosey really, it’s always good to hear about clubs that don’t get much attention. The last few minutes of your first round cup tie looked great. Thanks. 

Yes I'm involved. 

Our club is just 6 years old. We have been playing in the Midlands competition and last year got through to the final of the Harry Jepson Trophy. 

We're hoping in 2020 to run two competitive teams. We have an abundance of players but currently no opposition for them to play, so we're hopefully to get a slot in the yorkshire mens league in 2020 and will keep an Academy/Development team in the Midlands. 

Our home ground in Sherwood Forest is fantastic. We have great facilities and consider ourselves a warm and friendly club. We generally attract between 100-200 on normal game days through the summer but last Sunday we had a crowd of 421. There is huge interest in the club locally now and having witnessed an unbelievable game of RL I'm confident theyll come again and bring a friend along too. 

The Challenge Cup seems to have helped the club grow considerably and really put us on the map. I'm hopeful that the RFL might choose to show our game with West Bowling in the next round... fingers crossed!

Thanks for your interest. 

6 hours ago, JonM said:

Nah, 2029 will finally be the year of Warrington Wolves.

That's okay the Wolfhunt can sort them out too to make my dream come true.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, RedandGreenMachine said:

Yes I'm involved. 

Our club is just 6 years old. We have been playing in the Midlands competition and last year got through to the final of the Harry Jepson Trophy. 

We're hoping in 2020 to run two competitive teams. We have an abundance of players but currently no opposition for them to play, so we're hopefully to get a slot in the yorkshire mens league in 2020 and will keep an Academy/Development team in the Midlands. 

Our home ground in Sherwood Forest is fantastic. We have great facilities and consider ourselves a warm and friendly club. We generally attract between 100-200 on normal game days through the summer but last Sunday we had a crowd of 421. There is huge interest in the club locally now and having witnessed an unbelievable game of RL I'm confident theyll come again and bring a friend along too. 

The Challenge Cup seems to have helped the club grow considerably and really put us on the map. I'm hopeful that the RFL might choose to show our game with West Bowling in the next round... fingers crossed!

Really important work going on at the club. Keep up the good work.

10 hours ago, RedandGreenMachine said:

Yes I'm involved. 

amazing progress

On 15/01/2020 at 13:41, RedandGreenMachine said:

Yes I'm involved. 

Where do you play and who owns the facility?

Any plans for juniors?

We play out of a shared facility on the site of the former Sherwood Colliery Pit. The grounds are owned by CISWO but managed by a committee made up all the clubs that play out of the club. The club is known as Debdale Park Sports and Rec Club. We currently have about 50 teams that play out of here, including Football, Hockey, Cricket, Darts and Dominoes, and of course Rugby League. 

We already run a Junior section. Last year we ran U11, U13 and U15s... approx 50 kids attended our programme through the summer and we hosted a Junior festival with 140 juniors in attendance from all over the Midlands. 

Fingers crossed the RFL choose us for a televised game for the Challenge Cup next week so that we can spread the word even further! 

Early signs are looking like we will have a huge crowd for the game, and should easily beat the 421 we had last time out.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Archived