Rams v Bulls

Blind side johnny

Well I have bought my ticket for this game using our new on-line booking system (thanks to the Bulls tie-up I believe) and it all went perfectly smoothly and at a decent price for the game too: £10.20 for an old gimmer's ticket. Let's hope that the turnstile staff are fully acqainted with the process for Sunday, in which case I can't see anybody having anything to complain about if they use this system.

On the other hand this is Dewsbury so somebody will surely have to moan about something - I wait with bated breath.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 15/01/2020 at 19:31, Blind side johnny said:

Well I have bought my ticket for this game using our new on-line booking system (thanks to the Bulls tie-up I believe) and it all went perfectly smoothly and at a decent price for the game too: £10.20 for an old gimmer's ticket. Let's hope that the turnstile staff are fully acqainted with the process for Sunday, in which case I can't see anybody having anything to complain about if they use this system.

On the other hand this is Dewsbury so somebody will surely have to moan about something - I wait with bated breath.

Ive joined you BSJ.  As you say very straight forward....Looking forward to seeing how it all works on the day mind..

14 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I’m hearing that theirs no Liam Finn on Sunday as he’s away,hopefully see plenty of Morgan Punchard. Hoping for a good game and of course a win as it’s our last pre season game before the season starts against Leigh.

Here is your Dewsbury Rams squad to face Bradford Bulls on Sunday. 

Annakin

Brierley

Davies

Day 

Dixon

Esslemont

Finn

Fleming

Gabriel

Johnson

Magrin

Martin

Moorhouse

Morris

Nelmes

Oakes

Punchard

Reilly

Ryder

Scott

Speakman 

Sykes 

Thornton

I see Finn is in the squad ......  but no Knowles again ( he missed last week also ) ... is he injured?

I have to say today has filled me with hope for the new season, lads did fantastic today, whoever says we can't play without sykes and finn that has been blown into the water today, the enthusiasm, commitment, endeavour of the lads today shows the work by Lee Greenwood is paying off is plainly now on show. 

It could be a great season ?

How did the Bradford lineup compare with what would be their first team squad?

I was especially impressed with:

1. the spirit on display

2. All of the forwards

3. Particulary Johnson, Magrin, Speakman and Morris

4. The fact that we played without the organisational skills of Sykes and Finn

Comparing today's squad with those who played against Widnes in September encourages me to believe that we actually have strengthened a fair bit since last season and that LG's recruitment looks as if it might bear fruit. It's only a friendly and against a side that is rebuilding, but I am still encouraged. Let us hope that I remain so by the time that we play Widnes at home once more.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

4. The fact that we played without the organisational skills of Sykes and Finn

I thought we actually looked more likely on attack today.  Ball distribution seemed a little quicker and I think that that gave us the edge.  Forwards did very well against a much bigger pack..

We took our chances well, defended well, retained the ball well............and fully deserved the win. Knowles looked far more creative at 7 than Finn ever did last season and some of the 6th tackle kicks brought excellent results and increased possession for us....... Silly penalties still very frustrating and it will be interesting to see just how keen the officials are at the PTB's when the season starts for real.......because there weren't many legal PTB's today by either team..... Magrin shone for half an hour, Fleming looks like he could be class and both hookers looked good.............. Best pre-season performance for a long time..... Let's hope we can take it in to the season proper !!! 

I enjoyed the pre match hospitality and had a chance to meet some lovely people, they always have an advantage when they've heard of you lol, it shows the great depth we have in our fan base and diversity, you rub shoulder at every home game but never speak even thou your both there for the same cause... To support the Rams, to the folk I spoke to on Sunday and engaged in conversation thank you really enjoyed it, its not often you get chance to engage with different fans that support the Rams but it's always nice when you do... Blinking fab result too.. Winner winner gammon dinner ?

6 hours ago, coolie said:

I enjoyed the pre match hospitality and had a chance to meet some lovely people, they always have an advantage when they've heard of you lol, it shows the great depth we have in our fan base and diversity, you rub shoulder at every home game but never speak even thou your both there for the same cause... To support the Rams, to the folk I spoke to on Sunday and engaged in conversation thank you really enjoyed it, its not often you get chance to engage with different fans that support the Rams but it's always nice when you do... Blinking fab result too.. Winner winner gammon dinner ?

Fix ☺️

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived