Toronto home games on Sky

8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

12 of them will be covered this year, according to Forty-20 magazine. Doesn’t say which.

What does it say about them? I'm still hoping that the next two weeks will see a series of announcements including TWP and Catalans rights! 

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

All of the Toronto games must be televised (home and away)...this is a must and should not up for negotiation.

I believe the Wolfpack are in the process of arranging a broadcast deal with a major sports network in Canada, but need to tie up some loose ends from previous seasons as part of the terms.

36 minutes ago, nmew said:

I believe the Wolfpack are in the process of arranging a broadcast deal with a major sports network in Canada, but need to tie up some loose ends from previous seasons as part of the terms.

Every regular season game must be televised, no exceptions.  These other SL teams must learn to be more forceful...they always eat the gruel they are given....NOT TWP!

47 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Every regular season game must be televised, no exceptions.  These other SL teams must learn to be more forceful...they always eat the gruel they are given....NOT TWP!

Only by the grace of those SL teams can Toronto fulfil their fixtures, I imagine the conversation goes a little like "we cannot use our our own ground, and in this big sporting metropolis we live in there is no one who will help us out with letting TWP use theirs, so can we please use yours Mr SL Chairman"

Perhaps they should be a little more forceful! 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Only by the grace of those SL teams can Toronto fulfil their fixtures, I imagine the conversation goes a little like "we cannot use our our own ground, and in this big sporting metropolis we live in there is no one who will help us out with letting TWP use theirs, so can we please use yours Mr SL Chairman"

What are you on about now Harry?

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Every team can only fulfil their fixtures because of the other teams. It’s sensible for them to play the early games over here when it’s too cold to play at Lamport. 

10 minutes ago, SL17 said:

There is nothing sensible about it.. It's a clear advantage. Fortunately its Super Leagues problem now.

It’s an advantage to the away team certainly, but that’s Toronto’s problem and they accept it. It also makes the loop fixtures fairer as each team only has to travel to Canada once. 

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

Money well spent for half a season then!

Don't worry yourself about it!...fret not!...all the games for TWP WILL be televised so you will be able to watch them all year and not miss a thing.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Can't wait ?

It just shows what can be done with an iron will, a no die attitude and a bit of good old Canadian gumption.

There is alot for the the other SL teams to learn from the Wolfpack.

"Gubs Runs With The Pack!"

8 hours ago, nmew said:

The more tv coverage the wolfpack and sl get the better 

5 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

I hope the Wolfpack home games are given a slot. 

I dont think we have created the most value when it comes to overseas teams, even les Catalans, whilst their home games have a slot the away ones are sporadic and largely not broadcast

The TWP home games are currently scheduled for Saturdays 6.30pm UK time, which isn't a great slot as it could clash with Catalans. Hopefully they would be able to put Catalans at 4.30pm if they were to secure two TV deals for these where there is a clash. 

I think Catalans away games are broadcast pretty much as much as other teams. 

6 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

It would be rugby league in a nutshell to schedule them overlapping then wonder why no-one was buying.

There is a very easy package here for them to try and from what Sky have done before would think they.would either be interest in buying them or allowing them to be broadcast in another way. 

Les Catalans st 5:30, toronto at 7:30. Home and away. 

I haven't checked to see how many clashes there are, maybe we are being unfair and they have already planned this and have them at home on alternative weeks. 

That was a little joke. :kolobok_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

There doesnt seem to be a coherent plan which 2 weeks  before the season is crazy

Like I said earlier in the thread, I am still holding out some hope that there will be announcements about TWP and Catalans games in the season launch - this snippet of news about TWP is encouraging at least.

I'd like them to try for alternative weeks where possible, so that we have a constant stream of 3 games per week, instead of 4 some weeks and 2 on others.

Just now, scotchy1 said:

Should be 4 every week. Toronto and Les Catalans need to be screened home and away.

We are never going to realise the value of those markets while only half the games are really in anyway accessible. 

Les Catalans and toronto, 5:30 and 7:30 home and away. 

Well maybe, but that is more one for the new contract, which would hopefully have every game broadcast.

But as things stand, Sky won't be going to Perpignan or Toronto so broadcasting those games via a 3rd party and Sky picking up the feeds is a no-brainer. 

Archived