connor mcgregor

2 hours ago, MattSantos said:

I dont disagree with your commentary, i just find it odd that theres so much vitriol for a bloke who is playing a vilian to make look after himself and his family.  Fair play to him.

I suppose this is the issue, whether it is an act or not. I think initially there was the understanding that it was an act but this has certainly become blurred.

Many seem to see him as some sort of a hero because in their eyes he says it like it is. If that is offensive and hurtful then all the better. Like I said it all feeds into a culture of nastiness and laughing at people's misfortune. 

I'm not a big UFC fan but I first became aware of him because of his quick knockouts, not because of the way he acts. I'm aware that part of his fame to that point was because of his attitude but I do question how much he really needed to go to extremes to make his money. 

2 hours ago, aj1908 said:

Hes not.scared to take a loss.

Let mayweather try a return bout under UFC.rules.

He held .belts in two weight classes

If he gets his motivation back a.fight with khabib would.be interesting 

And khabib was responsible.for starting the brawl.with macgregor 

It's easy to say you're not scared of taking a loss after you've made wild pronouncements about knocking people out within 4 rounds. He chose to come into boxing, nobody forced him and he did very well out of it.

The problem with a Khabib rematch is how easily Khabib won. McGregor needs a win tonight or he might be forced to retire.

If you ignore everything that happened prior to the brawl then it was Khabib's fault. If you think words or actions matter then it isn't all one way. 

8 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

It's easy to say you're not scared of taking a loss after you've made wild pronouncements about knocking people out within 4 rounds. He chose to come into boxing, nobody forced him and he did very well out of it.

The problem with a Khabib rematch is how easily Khabib won. McGregor needs a win tonight or he might be forced to retire.

If you ignore everything that happened prior to the brawl then it was Khabib's fault. If you think words or actions matter then it isn't all one way. 

Also taking the Diaz fight when he.went up.so mucb weight 

Khabib is no angel.either 

9 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

All ufc is on Fox in Asia so i did catch it.

Odd one though.. given the shoulder move. Be interesting to see whats next

too early for khabib?

apparently he has asked dana white if fergusson gets injured again to be allowed to step in immediately.

friends that watched it said he was really good.

i couldnt find a live stream on facebook

?

On 18/01/2020 at 11:40, MattSantos said:

I dont disagree with your commentary, i just find it odd that theres so much vitriol for a bloke who is playing a vilian to make look after himself and his family.  Fair play to him.

There were quite a few of his 'antics' that i didn't have any problems with, he is just playing the villain as you say - But when you punch some old man, you aren't playing a villain, you're just a ^(%^

incredible how UFC manages to block all these videos practically instantly, i posted the knockout on facebook and it was deleted in 30 seconds,

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

17 hours ago, my missus said:

incredible how UFC manages to block all these videos practically instantly, i posted the knockout on facebook and it was deleted in 30 seconds,

Facebook are all over that - Not so much on political lies though. Funny that.

On 21/01/2020 at 16:34, my missus said:

I'm pretty sure they use computers that do it automatically, that's why so many videos like it on Youtube try to get around it by zooming in or reversing the picture etc.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 13:58, Maximus Decimus said:

I'm pretty sure they use computers that do it automatically, that's why so many videos like it on Youtube try to get around it by zooming in or reversing the picture etc.

This - It is a computer that goes through the videos to identify key parts that it can identify as being part of a "live sport" or some event that shouldn't be being broadcast.

You see quite a few on Youtube of just re-uploads with the video flipped, or incredibly zoomed in to the point of it not even worth watching (depending on the video in question)

Computers are getting very good at spotting them, it's a shame all the money seems to be on identifying these videos, rather than various other types that are all over, especially with Facebook as an example - They need to invest more to get rid of certain other content, but they don't seem to care too much!

Archived