Toronto’s squad

The quality in the squad is fine. They lost once last year in a very competitive championship and have a lot more quality than London who went well last year. The main concern is depth and how they cover injuries.

I see people questioning the likes of Gaz O'Brien and Andrew Dixon. I think some SL fans will be surprised how much they have come along. Dixon in particular is very impressive and showed that form in the super 8s in 2018 which I assume people have forgotten about. SBW and Singleton will improve the pack too. If they get near to the best 17 on the field every week I think they will be comfortably in mid-table and might trouble the 5. I am surprised they haven't binned McCrone and upgraded to a top half though.

Not sure what they will do with injuries and whether this dispensation claim will be successful. As others have pointed out, the lack of a reserves or academy is a major downside for them and they need to look at a way around this. 

If they can plug the squad with a couple of players then they should be fine barring a major injury crisis. People shouldn't underestimate the advantage they have at home. Travelling 8 hours, the time difference, climate, pitch and general unfamiliarity of the experience for SL teams will make it a very tough trip.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its Parky isn't is.

nah.

hes the guy when you first joined accused you of not being canadian.

and he also said he had friends back in canada who had heard nothing in the media about the wolfpack.  then loads of you guys posted links.

the give away is he always knows so many random facts about rugby union.

once he mentions league as our game whilst always bagging it you know you have the g*******x bingo.

22 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

nah.

hes the guy when you first joined accused you of not being canadian.

and he also said he had friends back in canada who had heard nothing in the media about the wolfpack.  then loads of you guys posted links.

the give away is he always knows so many random facts about rugby union.

once he mentions league as our game whilst always bagging it you know you have the g*******x bingo.

HEY I REMEMBER HIM....told him I peed over Niagara Falls and that shut him up.

54 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

You don't think any of us from leigh are clever enough to be a bureaucrat do you????

FWIW every 4 years Toronto has this big competition to pick the village idiot.

He then gets to call himself Mayor for the next 4 year's and pretend he's a big shot, but he isn't fooling anyone. His actions reveal a Fool is all he is.

Just now, dkw said:

You spelt bureaucrat right... No way you're from leigh you imposter. 

No, automatic spell check might've caught it

On 19/01/2020 at 17:05, LeytherRob said:

Teams can apply for salary cap exemption for an injured player like Castleford did for Luke Gale but this is for when players suffer serious injuries that rule them out for the season. 

So it's case by case, no established set of rules? Yeah I can really see that "application" getting an unbiased review... 

Why arent TWP trying to sign some of the Canadian union 7's squad?, 2019 Canadian 7's side defeated World 7's champions Fiji in Vancouver 7's. Ticks all boxes, Union players are outside the salary cap, already from Canada so no problems moving or with Visa's, obviously have talents that are transferable to Rugby League as long as they have the desire to learn and be a part something new they would make good interchange player/ injury cover / squad depth to TWP... seems like a no brainier to me. 

2 minutes ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

Why arent TWP trying to sign some of the Canadian union 7's squad?, 2019 Canadian 7's side defeated World 7's champions Fiji in Vancouver 7's. Ticks all boxes, Union players are outside the salary cap, already from Canada so no problems moving or with Visa's, obviously have talents that are transferable to Rugby League as long as they have the desire to learn and be a part something new they would make good interchange player/ injury cover / squad depth to TWP... seems like a no brainier to me. 

Bit late to train them for league with the season starting soon though 

6 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

If the injury gods are kind we might not need em for a month or two (or hopefully at all!) 

Would just be nice to have bodies imo

4 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

TWP have stuffed up there roster size they dont have many if any other choices. 7's season is on now so any Canadian 7's signing will be fit already and would initially be squad depth / injury cover / interchange players while they learning the game. Question is how TWP stuff there squad depth up? some basic maths wasnt done? How could you only have 23 man squad... 25 man squad is bare minimum and they are 2 short of that with no Reserve grade or Academy... someone needs to get fired because of that oversight IMO 

15 minutes ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

They count as foreign players according to the RFL rules...believe it or not.  Our quota is full for imports.

7 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

If the injury gods are kind we might not need em for a month or two (or hopefully at all!) 

Would just be nice to have bodies imo

Untried union players at super league ? Dunno

This is all.internet hot air see how the season pans out

Just now, Kayakman said:

They count as foreign players according to the RFL rules...believe it or not.  Our quota is full for imports.

I did not know that... If thats correct its totally ridiculous... I am 100% for Canadian Rugby 7's or Union players who are Canadian passport holders  to be granted dispensation from the import quota to play for TWP  

Just now, TboneFromTO said:

Better then forfit for lack of players

That is why we need the dispensation now....we've never asked for anything yet they take, take, take,,,,time to give the Wolfpack a little consideration for once.

Just now, kiwis 13 6 said:

I did not know that... If thats correct its totally ridiculous... I am 100% for Canadian Rugby 7's or Union players who are Canadian passport holders  to be granted dispensation from the import quota to play for TWP  

This is the mindset we are dealing with over here...please pray for us.

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

This is the mindset we are dealing with over here...please pray for us.

Candian 7's or 15's Union players should not count on the quota.... as Union players signed to Super League Clubs are exempt from the import quota... seems crazy as Canada only potential source or any kinda of local players count as imports! there 100% needs to be dispensation on this issue!

But I am not sorry that the people controlling recruitment and salary cap spend at TWP cant do basic Mathematics! 25 players is minimum required for a squad and TWP have only have 23 including a marquee signing WTF. TWP should have had 25 player in the squad inside the Salary Cap and SBW as Marquue singing as cherry on top 26th player!

Archived