MOM Shall we continue as we are?

jamescolin

Seeing it is creeping closer to our first match (Feb2) I am preparing myself for the MOM. In view of quite a few things that happened, including the final joint presentation, are you happy for us to continue the way we are? I have just recovered from a bout of chest problems but I am willing to carry on if the format is the same. If changed we of course would need a fine bit of preparation.  The biggest is find a place to hold the event and secondly to get the winner to attend on that date. Constructive answers only please. If you feel we have run the course then let me know. It was enjoyable last season to see that our selections were there up front so we are not far out. Cheers

Had a word with Davide Longo. The joint effort no longer applies. Seeing that presentation, where to hold and getting the winner there is so difficult, I am altering the format to a debate. Squidward brought it to mind. So here is how I am suggesting we progress. We still do our 1,2,3, MOM but after each selection I would like you to put why you have selected that player for that position. Then until the following match we can have a backwards and forwards discussion between us on why the selection was made. It should be interesting and at the end of the season we can summaries the debate.  I would be interested in your views of my idea. We will still have OUR MOM but the result would be after a discussion on the overall factors. If I get a negative response then we can just abandon the system. I am only a volunteer so all I am trying to do in keep some interest from a supporters point of view.

Colin, I have replied to your PM.

In a nutshell, it suggests that above all else the week in, week out enjoyment of those participating is the most important factor.

I agree Steve. When I asked for comment I didn't mean a dialogue from people, just a line or two about their choice. I reckon I will carry on and see who it goes. At least we will all be able to discuss in some way the matches. Cheers.

• 5 months later...

Just been into the photographers at the end of Ropergate. (Max Spielmann). I know the manager there and we often have a chat. Today I was looking through what they did and was interested to see they did T shirts with photos and words on them. It came to mind in view of how we left things that OUR MOM could be acknowledged in this way. A T shirt with his name on it and Featherstone Rovers MOM for....year.  Any thoughts anyone? I know the season is a bit dead but looking to the future I reckon this could work. 

28 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Just been into the photographers at the end of Ropergate. (Max Spielmann). I know the manager there and we often have a chat. Today I was looking through what they did and was interested to see they did T shirts with photos and words on them. It came to mind in view of how we left things that OUR MOM could be acknowledged in this way. A T shirt with his name on it and Featherstone Rovers MOM for....year.  Any thoughts anyone? I know the season is a bit dead but looking to the future I reckon this could work. 

Colin if we are going to go down that route I’d rather use Picson printing down Gillygate in Pontefract, they are a independent local business and Matt is a rovers supporter, him and his partner Helen do the shirt numbering for Rovers, and lots of other rovers related stuff too. 

Im Fev and im proud

Archived