Programmes stay or go

clifford

Me, personally I got fed up of them a while back so I stopped buying them. It probably depends on how many they sell. Wouldn't it be better to get the program via a season long subscription by email. It'd save the club having to print the programs and there'd be less waste ie unsold copies(just an idea). 

Registered my name and email address and I get it automatically on either the Saturday or at the latest very early Sunday morning once my head clears.

The beauty about it is the squad named by the coach is on for that match, barr any late changes.

I believe the club thinks it's a success and are doing it again.

All aspects of Batley Bulldogs are covered right down to the cheerleaders.

Cheers Roger.

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Back in the day , as kids, we would try and get as many of the players to sign the programmes. Especially the away players. Can't do that with e-programmes. 

Me too, memories of players signing and getting pie over my programme. 

I remember Jackie Pyecroft playing for Batley after Oldham, unless I was seeing things he pretended to feed the scrum scooted to the rear still with the ball and away, the ref non the wiser.

• 2 weeks later...

You’re right Pigeon Lofter - Alan Taylor was in charge of commercial matters in the 1970s. I think he’d had a similar role at Everton FC prior to coming to Oldham. I was a pools agent at that time and used to take the money up to his office in the old pavilion on a Friday afternoon. Had an attractive blonde lady assistant if memory serves correctly !

i was an avid programme collector when I first started following Oldham. There was a newspaper called Rugby Leaguer and a fellow called Tom Webb had a programme swapping column under his nom de plume “Arellicus”. Tom was from Oldham and I think was a schoolteacher. I played cricket ( at a very low level ) with his son Bob who definitely was a schoolteacher and played rugby with one of the local amateur clubs - can’t remember which.

Archived