Choose a name for our Jamaican rugby league fan group

Copa

2 hours ago, Copa said:

World Rugby League is the name of the rival governing body that has headquarters in Pakistan and includes Greece, Italy and Argentina.

Sounds like a serious world governing body with those giants of Rugby League in it. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a viral infection injected by the great snake RaRa. To infect our fledgling governing bodies all around the world.

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Conspiracy theories aside, what is it?

It's a group which claims to be in charge of World RL, thus providing a reason for various sports governing bodies, governments etc. not to recognise RL as a sport. Coincidentally, quite a few of the people involved have links to RU.

http://www.worldrugbyleague.org/ 

2 hours ago, JonM said:

It's a group which claims to be in charge of World RL, thus providing a reason for various sports governing bodies, governments etc. not to recognise RL as a sport. Coincidentally, quite a few of the people involved have links to RU.

http://www.worldrugbyleague.org/ 

its hardly a co-incidence

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

What’s it all about, why is there another federation with non-RL countries in?

Do a forum search for Ikram Butt and you’ll find everything you need to know. Highlights from their Italy v Pakistan match played in Pakistan in front of a few 1000 fans is also on YouTube..

This TV news piece shows Italian and Pakistani government officials at the post match presentation..

12 hours ago, Number 16 said:

I'd happily give a tenner each month if something was set up. I'm sure others would sign up also. Maybe each quarter we decide who should get the cash. Jamaica this time. Maybe Nicaragua next. Then Nigeria or whoever. 

I wonder if a Patreon type subscription would be the way to go?

new rise.jpg

I'd go with Friends of Jamaican Rugby League (or "Friends of JRL" if we need it shorter for space). 

Although maybe if we are going to be looking at other nations too there may be an argument for tweaking it to "Friends of Expansion"?? looking at the future we could be frontrunners in the marketing of elasticated waste jeans and things too... "for the expanging gentleman"

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I like the idea of Friends of Jamaican RL but also would appreciate the Forum getting a mention somewhere too - would help the club know where the Friends are from haha!

RLJ talk to about 50,000 people across social media a week, which is why they are keen to hopefully send some rugby league fans this way.

I'd be happy to get involved too or for another club. Well done everyone. It's great to see people taking action into their own hands. It's beautiful.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

Archived