I bought some "Rugby Strength" CBD Oil. I bought it for my wife following an advert promoting it by Toronto Wolfpack.

She wasn't impressed.

I have been struggling with my wrist for a couple of years and had taken to wearing an elastic bandage which seemed to help. Last week I spotted the CBD Oil in the medicine cabinet and thought I would give it a go.

After 1 day I felt it was helping and now a week on I have been pain free.

I caught Dr Michael Mosely's tv programme in the week in which they lab tested some CBD samples and as is usual some of the products were very low in the actual active ingredient. Has anyone else tried CBD oil? Any thoughts?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

17 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I bought some "Rugby Strength" CBD Oil. I bought it for my wife following an advert promoting it by Toronto Wolfpack.

She wasn't impressed.

I have been struggling with my wrist for a couple of years and had taken to wearing an elastic bandage which seemed to help. Last week I spotted the CBD Oil in the medicine cabinet and thought I would give it a go.

After 1 day I felt it was helping and now a week on I have been pain free.

I caught Dr Michael Mosely's tv programme in the week in which they lab tested some CBD samples and as is usual some of the products were very low in the actual active ingredient. Has anyone else tried CBD oil? Any thoughts?

What is it?

We tried it. I didn’t get on with it, extraordinarily vivid dreams but the wife gets good value from it. You do get what you pay for with the quality though. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

what mark said,have had ostioarthritus for 25 years and last few winters have been agony,i tried a few different cbd oils that seemed thin and did nothing but leave a nasty taste, i had given up but was told about the one i use now and its brill, one drop with a cuppa around 10pm and i have no pain at all night and all next day,no after effects and 100% natural from usa.

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

I have been struggling with my wrist for a couple of years

You are getting too old for that nonsense Bearman...you are not a young kid anymore!

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You are getting too old for that nonsense Bearman...you are not a young kid anymore!

What? you think I should give up typing?

Perhaps I can sue TRL for giving me RSI. Anyone know a good lawyer?.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

32 minutes ago, Bearman said:

What? you think I should give up typing?

Perhaps I can sue TRL for giving me RSI. Anyone know a good lawyer?.

There is this guy named Parky; never gives up on an argument.

On 18/01/2020 at 13:26, silverback said:

what mark said,have had ostioarthritus for 25 years and last few winters have been agony,i tried a few different cbd oils that seemed thin and did nothing but leave a nasty taste, i had given up but was told about the one i use now and its brill, one drop with a cuppa around 10pm and i have no pain at all night and all next day,no after effects and 100% natural from usa.

Can you say what the brand is?

I've tried the capsules on and off for a few months, not 100% convinced its anything more than placebo for me.  Little aches and pains do seem to be less, and my base mood has improved.  

Its a bit of a wild west though with every ailment known allegedly cured....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I've tried the capsules on and off for a few months, not 100% convinced its anything more than placebo for me.  Little aches and pains do seem to be less, and my base mood has improved.  

Its a bit of a wild west though with every ailment known allegedly cured....

The history of medicine is quite interesting. Every era has had supposed miracle medicines, especially in the Victorian times when every chemist in every town produced what they called a 'cure all' pill which was essentially just made up of ingredients that numbed pain and spaced you out a bit to make you fell better, kind of how you've described actually. Probably the most famous ingredient of the cure all was opium.

Of course in Victorian times they also believed a good purge of your system was beneficial every so often and would buy pills that were essentially lead shot and swallow them which would give you the most horrendous diarrhoea. You then extracted the lead pill from the remains, cleaned it and put it away for the next time a member of the family wanted a purge. 

Hopefully we won't bring back the latter medicine I described there! Anyway, point was its just interesting to see how history has these constant parallels with the present in so many different aspects of life.

3 hours ago, Mark S said:

Can you say what the brand is?

have not still got the box,its a red and white bottle(pure) and am told its now on amazon.takes a few days to work 100% but i can now do long walks/gardening and even an hour in gym now and again. if i miss a couple a days i know about it,am told its also for sale at (wakefield  super health direct)

Had arthritis for 30 odd years , used to like strong tea but was told the high tanning  levels stop vitamins and nutrients nourishing the body thus lowering the immune system even further , moved on to green teas etc, and it made a huge difference (had headaches for a month through caffeine withdrawal though) .Another plus was being put on Statins not so long ago and strangely enough they have had a huge positive effect on my aches and pains .

• 3 weeks later...

I take CBD oil for anxiety. It has no noticeable effect on my general stress, feelings or mood, but taking one before bed with melatonin helps me fall asleep (adderall makes sleeping very difficult for me), and taking one in the morning keeps me from having my awful anxiety attacks.

I also have marijuana card in san diego and I use CBD flower in my Fury 2 and sublingual tincture. The tincture is the best for daily maintenance meds since the effects last much longer, but vaping the flower is by far the best for immediate, powerful relief. I find the effects from the flower only last an hour or two, but it's way more noticeable. The tincture is much more subtle, but still helpful.

Mind you, I use CBD primarily for anxiety, so it's important for me to have something that lasts for a good portion of the day. For your needs, more powerful and instant relief might honestly be more helpful.

Archived