PTSD & anti-depressants

Given that we have an ongoing thread about a good lad realising he's had a tough run, & opened up about his drinking concerns, I thought I'd stick my oar in.

(This is t'horrible bit) I saw a loved & cherished sibling die with a pool of blood as big as your garden. I then had to identify the body as no-one else in family could do it. I was diagnosed with PTSD. Apparently it can actually be seen when you have an MRI Scan (as happened with me). Took no pills, took no counselling (clever, aren't I?) Then took some pills which made me dozy.

(This is the bit where you laugh) Then given some other pills which turned me into Wolverine or The Hulk; Hearing sense (I can hear the bloke over the road in the loo), Smell (people's breakfast wake me up), my nails & facial hair are now trimmed every day & I've gone up a shoe-size. My temper went utterly crazy, the fella downstairs got even bigger & my libido went through the roof (to the point of my missus was going "what the hell is wrong with you!?!?!")

It's called sertraline. And I have been diagnosed with "hypersexuality" (seriously) as a result - and as a result of that, I have decided to stop taking anything ever again. You can have the pills if you want them (although it doesn't affect everyone the same way, apparently).

Anyway, off out now to fight crime & then find some hookers.*

*The last sentence isn't true.

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

2 hours ago, Cas Vegas said:

Given that we have an ongoing thread about a good lad realising he's had a tough run, & opened up about his drinking concerns, I thought I'd stick my oar in.

(This is horrible bit) I saw a loved & cherished sibling die with a pool of blood as big as your garden. I then had to identify the body as no-one else in family could do it. I was diagnosed with PTSD. Apparently it can actually be seen when you have an MRI Scan (as happened with me). Took no pills, took no counselling (clever, aren't I?) Then took some pills which made dozy.

(This is the bit where you laugh) Then given some other pills which turned me into Wolverine or The Hulk; Hearing sense (I can hear the bloke over the road in the loo), Smell (people's breakfast wake me up), my nails & facial hair are now trimmed every day & I've gone up a shoe-size. My temper went utterly crazy, the fella downstairs got even bigger & my libido went through the roof (to the point of my missus was going "what the hell is wrong with you!?!?!")

It's called sertraline. And I have been diagnosed with "hypersexuality" (seriously) as a result - and as a result of that, I have decided to stop taking anything ever again. You can have the pills if you want them (although it doesn't affect everyone the same way, apparently).

have u got any left?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Sertraline you say? ????

Totally. It's supposed to calm you down, but my testorone just went north.

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

40 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

have u got any left?

Dude, you can have them.

Bear in mind the side-affects of what one of my brothers described me; (more hair, extended hearing & sense of smell, libido) "so, basically you've become a dog, then?"*

*Haven't chased any cars yet.

Opposite for me. Occasionally Mr floppy. Sweat like a mad un and hearing int great for 38

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

15 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Opposite for me. Occasionally Mr floppy. Sweat like a mad un and hearing int great for 38

Sorry to hear that fella. Although I'm envious. I'd rather be like that, than a sex-pest who's wanting to start fights with gangs of lads in between shaving & hearing people on the bog.

21 hours ago, Cas Vegas said:

(This is t'horrible bit) I saw a loved & cherished sibling die with a pool of blood as big as your garden. I then had to identify the body as no-one else in family could do it. I was diagnosed with PTSD. Apparently it can actually be seen when you have an MRI Scan (as happened with me). Took no pills, took no counselling (clever, aren't I?) Then took some pills which made me dozy.

As long as your handling it in other ways I guess the emotional impact.i mean 

I use gym for stuff like.this 

I have been on Sertraline, I didn’t make me any more up for it than usual but it was taking forever to, shall we say ‘reach a crescendo’. I had to come off it as we started trying for a baby. To be fair, I think they Mrs was quite happy not for it to be drawn out.

5 hours ago, aj1908 said:

It says the side effects is reduced sex drive lol 

Mr Vegas best the odds 

Screenshot_20200120-011311_Chrome.jpg

I always beat The Odds, Dally. Oh yes.

I make them into "Evens".

5 hours ago, aj1908 said:

As long as your handling it in other ways I guess the emotional impact.i mean 

I use gym for stuff like.this 

Yeah, the crime-fighting & sex helps calm me down instead. Heh.

5 hours ago, Johnoco said:

It was less complicated in the old days when we just blamed it on brewers droop. 

Aaaaah... the old days... ?

Must get around to finishing off that time-machine...

4 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Unless he’s taking them wrong. He does know they’re not suppositories. ?

Ah. Perhaps that's where I've been going wrong.

42 minutes ago, Mark S said:

I have been on Sertraline, I didn’t make me any more up for it than usual but it was taking forever to, shall we say ‘reach a crescendo’. I had to come off it as we started trying for a baby. To be fair, I think they Mrs was quite happy not for it to be drawn out.

Dude, I was so wired. I felt like I could fight a house, & then fuc/< . it

*in revenge for standing there & wasting my time.

8 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Im on 3 agents for hypertension..... the side effects are crapola in that department..... but better than a stroke.

Not sure I understand that?

PS Chris l'angeloMachin is glad you made friends again. ?

4 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Yes.

We could go back to the early 2000’s when people on here were jolly old pals and no arguing all the time.

G:t! I just lost a mouthful of saag gosht reading that! ?

4 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Sertraline means I wake up more in the night. Literally the only side effect I have experienced in a year of use. Life-changing benefits though! The variance between people's experiences is crazy.

Totally. I'm in a 1% bracket according to my GP.*

*Who I find incredibly hot at the moment.

If it wasn’t for Sertraline I probably wouldn’t be here. I had plans to go down to the train track and end it all. My now wife, then girlfriend, dragged me to the doctors and got me on anti-depressants.

Since having a baby I haven’t had time to feel anything except pure exhaustion. 

Best of luck.

I’ve had a few bad run ins with death on top of bad experiences with Indonesian military, police and intelligence agencies that caused stress.

I was eventually diagnosed with PTSD and at one point couldn’t work for a few years.

I got onto a program by a post grad student who treated it as part of her research. It got me back studying and working.

I never used medication. Until I read your post I didn’t even know medication was an option.

15 hours ago, Copa said:

Best of luck.

I’ve had a few bad run ins with death on top of bad experiences with Indonesian military, police and intelligence agencies that caused stress.

I was eventually diagnosed with PTSD and at one point couldn’t work for a few years.

I got onto a program by a post grad student who treated it as part of her research. It got me back studying and working.

I never used medication. Until I read your post I didn’t even know medication was an option.

Cheers, ar kid. ? Sorry to read you had a rough time, but glad to read you're onwards & upwards.

13 hours ago, Johnoco said:

This is no place for tea towel philosophy.

Where is the place for this "tea towel philosphy"? * I would very much like to visit it.

* Apart from tea towels, obvs.

13 hours ago, Johnoco said:

This is no place for tea towel philosophy.

I am pretty sure he meant it from a good place and trying to relate rather than being facile. Though, I do see how it came across.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Archived