Castleford V Toronto Preseason

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So which players are those 7 replacing ? 

Smith and Watts starting props

Mcmeeken would also start in 2nd row.

Cook moors and foster would be at least on bench. Latter 2 if they was ever fit. 

Blair would be starting centre for me instead of Pete. 

I still think Cas will win by at 20 in 2 weeks. 

34 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

Smith and Watts starting props

Mcmeeken would also start in 2nd row.

Cook moors and foster would be at least on bench. Latter 2 if they was ever fit. 

Blair would be starting centre for me instead of Pete. 

I still think Cas will win by at 20 in 2 weeks. 

So, with these changes in mind, what is your first choice 17 for Cas this year?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

So, with these changes in mind, what is your first choice 17 for Cas this year?

Rankin 

Feki

Blair 

Shenton 

Eden

Trueman

Richardson

Watts

Mcshane

Smith 

jessie

mcmeeken 

Griffin 

subs 

moors or Massey 

cook

Millington 

milner or Holmes 

23 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

Rankin 

Feki

Blair 

Shenton 

Eden

Trueman

Richardson

Watts

Mcshane

Smith 

jessie

mcmeeken 

Griffin 

subs 

moors or Massey 

cook

Millington 

milner or Holmes 

I don't know much about Daniel Smith, is he really that good that he will push Junior Moors or Nathan Massey out of the 17?  Also, would expect Peter Mata'utia not be in the first choice 17, he is a quality player and versatile.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Cheers mate. 

What I make of it is that we won't be seeing SBW on the pitch until a few weeks into the season. 

And that some of the Toronto players are overpaid. If SBW doesn't count towards the cap and they only have 18 players, that's bad planning. 

1 minute ago, Cake Tiger said:

Cheers mate. 

What I make of it is that we won't be seeing SBW on the pitch until a few weeks into the season. 

And that some of the Toronto players are overpaid. If SBW doesn't count towards the cap and they only have 18 players, that's bad planning. 

Cut us some slack...cut us a break...we are new at this...it won't happen again if you just give us a bit of compensation this time.   You took our central funding!

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

Are you for real..It was a friendly.

Not sure which bit of that post disagrees with you so much. It was quite clearly a good win and Cas were indeed a top five team. Your stalking of those interested in and positive about TWP on here is becoming tedious and pathetically childish. At least Parky put a bit of effort into it

I do have some sympathy for TWP's position I must admit. At first I dismissed the thought of dispensation, however I suppose we need to ask is it reasonable to expect a new club on the other side of the world to have an Academy team that they can supplement the 1st team squad with like other clubs do? I'm not sure it can be done so easily just yet. 

I think there maybe needs to be some concessions around DR and Loan players, to cater for the unique circumstances they face. 

On the flip side, maybe had they invested in London Skolars like they said they would they would have had a youth partnership by now, and Salford also don't have an Academy IIRC so not sure whether they would be happy with concessions for TWP. 

I'd be happy with something like an allowance of £100k for DR or Loan players on top of their cap. 

7 hours ago, SL17 said:

It was a weakened twp Vs a weakened cas.  Good marker for the start of the season.

I can only imagine what would have Been said if they lost

4 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

It was a weakened twp Vs a weakened cas.  Good marker for the start of the season.

I can only imagine what would have Been said if they lost

It would have been 

" Are you for real , it was a friendly " 

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It would have been 

" Are you for real , it was a friendly " 

If we're going to an English lesson here, why do always put a space in before your commas?

8 hours ago, aj1908 said:

@Kayakman did you bookmark that thread where.people said.you would.get relegated.  That might be fun.bumping.it during the season 

Those people have been committed and are currently posting from a lunatic asylum....I think its called Leigh Centurian Lunatic Asylum or something to that effect...the Head Nurse always tries to sell decking/siding to those that visit.

13 hours ago, SL17 said:

I'm sure Toronto was equally motivated to put up a win as the newcomer, as Cas was motivated to not let the newcomer beat them. In the end it doesn't matte much as it was a preseason game, but a win is a win, and is better than a loss.

2 hours ago, TIWIT said:

If we're going to an English lesson here, why do always put a space in before your commas?

I don't do English , I was just pointing out the answer would have been the same no matter who won 

4 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

Not to mention the missing question mark, followed by a new sentence.

Can I join you two in the English lesson? ?

I will grade it if you want me too...but I'm tough....you all must start with a 'Title Page' using MLA Format.

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I don't do English , I was just pointing out the answer would have been the same no matter who won 

No, no, it's a serious question. I have just never seen anyone who puts a space before a comma. It just looks , weird. Even by internet standards.

Archived