Seriously, just between us

TIWIT

8 hours ago, manu266 said:

Rugby League World predicts Toronto will finish 11th (editor in chief) or 10th (full staff). Hull KR relegated in both counts.

We will finish much higher...mark my words on this...we will make Top 5.

On 24/01/2020 at 15:00, Kayakman said:

We will finish much higher...mark my words on this...we will make Top 5.

Unless you can get more players in or get extremely lucky with injuries I think the playoffs are unlikely but I do hope you avoid relegation,either way it should be some ride,good luck and enjoy.

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Unless you can get more players in or get extremely lucky with injuries I think the playoffs are unlikely but I do hope you avoid relegation,either way it should be some ride,good luck and enjoy.

I agree its going to be a wild ride ....Hang Ten!

On 24/01/2020 at 06:28, manu266 said:

Rugby League World predicts Toronto will finish 11th (editor in chief) or 10th (full staff). Hull KR relegated in both counts.

Hopefully it'll be Wakefield Trinity Relegated so no supporters Of any Team will have to be subjected to the Complete Craphole- tip of a Stadium. If you've never seen photos or video of It Search online, Absolutely disgraceful that's it still allowed to be used, After 5 SL Teams had to build new stadiums or in the Case of Widnes Completely rebuild there's. 

23 hours ago, Frankie Z said:

Hopefully it'll be Wakefield Trinity Relegated so no supporters Of any Team will have to be subjected to the Complete Craphole- tip of a Stadium. If you've never seen photos or video of It Search online, Absolutely disgraceful that's it still allowed to be used, After 5 SL Teams had to build new stadiums or in the Case of Widnes Completely rebuild there's. 

I checked it out...looks to be a beauty.

From an outside point of view I think many TWP will be rusty with not having played this level in a while and will probably tire towards the end of games. IF (and it's a big if) they don't lose too many players to injury I think they'll come more into it further into the season especially when more matches are played at Lamport.

Based entirely off the first 40 minutes of the season I don't think the top five will be too worried but TWP can still have a good season if they can beat teams like Wakefield and Hull KR. Now that I've said that Toronto will probably make a great come back against Cas ha.

Overall I'm going to say you guys will finish 8th or 9th and comfortably avoid relegation.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 19:01, Frankie Z said:

The ground really is terrible, they really have been screwed over by so many developers and local politicians. Wakefield is the biggest city in the country not to have a professional soccer team so they can't piggyback in the way Hull FC, Huddersfield, Wigan etc have. It's also complicated by the fact Castleford and Featherstone are both within a Wakefield postcode. I hope they manage to redevelop the ground rather than move to a new one since they've continually played there since 1877 it would be a shame to lose the history.

1 hour ago, The Lad said:

After the first 2 games knowing now that super league is a diferent beast how do you feel the season is going, and where do you feel you will end up?.

No change. They're competitive but not as good as the top teams in the league but still better than the bottom ones - and they only have to finish higher than one of them.

Their brutal schedule at the start of the season does them no favours either. And obviously everybody's up for them - no sneaking up on anyone as London was able to last year.

But come the stinking hot and humid summer at Lamport I think some of the pasty Brits are going to wilt.

So long as we're not last it counts as a successful season in my books.

I’m still sticking with 8th/9th. I think for the most part you’ll beat teams like Hull KR, Wakefield, Huddersfield etc at Lamport and probably win at least half of them away too. That would put you a few points clear of them but if it’s anything as close as last season there might not be much in it.

With the tough fixtures coming up I think getting through the next few games without any injuries would be a good result for TWP but I also wouldn’t be surprised if you pulled off a win, perhaps against Wigan who haven’t looked great in their first two matches and typically start off slow. Saints are also struggling with injuries so the games might be closer than most expect.

Scoring the first try, checked

Coming back from behind, checked

For the rest they still have to work a lot in discipline and ball control, specially close to the try line. 

They can beat one of the top team away, I think Wigan were poor in their first 2 games, that would be a good opportunity, Warrington and St-Helens will be much more difficult to beat.

Then comes March, until then like I said, they have to learn how to lose and come back stronger from a loss. Coach included...

1 hour ago, manu266 said:

Scoring the first try, checked

Coming back from behind, checked

For the rest they still have to work a lot in discipline and ball control, specially close to the try line. 

They can beat one of the top team away, I think Wigan were poor in their first 2 games, that would be a good opportunity, Warrington and St-Helens will be much more difficult to beat.

Then comes March, until then like I said, they have to learn how to lose and come back stronger from a loss. Coach included...

McDermott is trying to get them to play a fully wide open running style with tons of offloads to create flow...they are having difficulty adjusting.  If they can rise to the occasion and play this style they will be hard to handle in , lets say, 2 or 3 games into the future.  If they can't adjust then its fodder we are as teams line us up and pound us and the injuries pile up.

Its a wide open style or naught...roll those dice.

For what its worth we really didn't have many options with such a thin club so the Coach has made the right decision on this.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

McDermott is trying to get them to play a fully wide open running style with tons of offloads to create flow...they are having difficulty adjusting.  If they can rise to the occasion and play this style they will be hard to handle in , lets say, 2 or 3 games into the future.  If they can't adjust then its fodder we are as teams line us up and pound us and the injuries pile up.

Its a wide open style or naught...roll those dice.

For what its worth we really didn't have many options with such a thin club so the Coach has made the right decision on this.

Alert the monitors! Someone has hijacked the ever-optimistic Kayakman's account and replaced it with a somber realist!!

37 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Alert the monitors! Someone has hijacked the ever-optimistic Kayakman's account and replaced it with a somber realist!!

No..no...now Tiwit....but it is true...its all or nothing with the Pack due to the SL stacking the rules against us....it is what it is...we could still pull this one off (even with the fix being in against us).....either way we have the fail safe.

It might be the Challenge Cup for us this year...we could go far.

19 hours ago, Kayakman said:

No..no...now Tiwit....but it is true...its all or nothing with the Pack due to the SL stacking the rules against us....it is what it is...we could still pull this one off (even with the fix being in against us).....either way we have the fail safe.

It might be the Challenge Cup for us this year...we could go far.

I'd avoid the CC. I see no point in it when it distracts from the main goal of staying up in SL but should they somehow progress in it RFL will then demand they are up a half million or so.

Although it might build up their confidence if they lay a beating on some hapless L1 team in their first-round match. OTOH, should the opposite happen and they use the full squad and get beat by some Championship club - Leigh for argument's sake - their confidence would be shattered. And of course we'd never hear the end of it.

49 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

I'd avoid the CC. I see no point in it when it distracts from the main goal of staying up in SL but should they somehow progress in it RFL will then demand they are up a half million or so.

Although it might build up their confidence if they lay a beating on some hapless L1 team in their first-round match. OTOH, should the opposite happen and they use the full squad and get beat by some Championship club - Leigh for argument's sake - their confidence would be shattered. And of course we'd never hear the end of it.

We are on the fly operating on a wing and a prayer...I love it!....who knows how this season will play out...nobody.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2020 at 03:12, Kayakman said:

We are on the fly operating on a wing and a prayer...I love it!....who knows how this season will play out...nobody.

Like the Canadian Army my friend!  Operationally Optimistic!  Like a bunch of little panzergrenadiers!

Toronto Wolfpack are like an Armoured Column on the Advance, it's really all just organized chaos!

On 23/02/2020 at 11:22, CanadianRugger said:

Like the Canadian Army my friend!  Operationally Optimistic!  Like a bunch of little panzergrenadiers!

Toronto Wolfpack are like an Armoured Column on the Advance, it's really all just organized chaos!

God it must be hot inside one of those things. They apparently had one on display at the Toronto Auto Show

10 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

God it must be hot inside one of those things. They apparently had one on display at the Toronto Auto Show

Rode around in armored personnel carriers when I was in the reserves in Valcartier Quebec..great fun..trees, brush and small boulders flying in all directions..but yes very warm in summer..

17 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

They are air conditioned TIWIT!  Its the tight space that is the problem.

Archived