Huddersfax Giants Friendly

Batley Bob

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if diskin will rock up for this one too

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Given that Fartown played at Wakefield on Wednesday I can't see them sending more than a glorified reserve team for this game. At least you should make some cash.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

If you could get either of the Seniors or Trout on loan you would be a bit stronger in the threquarters.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Thought Bowman might get another game?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

22 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

If you could get either of the Seniors or Trout on loan you would be a bit stronger in the threquarters.

If we could get Holmes, the 2 Seniors and Macintosh, I'd almost fancy us for a top 5 finish, sadly I can't see it happening though.

absolute garbage.

cant see us doing anything this year.

players not good enough last year and same ones not good enough this year.

we needed a clear out of dead wood and new blood.

i really fear for us..not one single new signing has impressed me at all.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

As it stands now Batley have gone from scoring 3 tries to 2 tries to 1 try and now nothing.

Yes I know they are meaningless matches.

yes they are meaningless games.

i accept that,but the money i pay to watch a bit of effort isn't meaningless.

Fev will score 50 against this paperthin defence.

like i said,same players same result. 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Look at the scoring record in these 4 friendlies.

2 at Dewsbury, 2 at Hunslet, 1 last week, this week nowt yet.

As I said meaningless games, enjoyed the Yorkshire Cup last year.

Edited for accuracy only 2 at Dewsbury, sorry ernieone.

thank goodness for that 2nd half 

Still not up to scratch. Face it Linners, in fact whoever had been the new coach, was passed a poisoned chalice; took on those left over from last year who has been shockingly treated by the coach, had little room in cash available, was left til last to DR or get loans and has been able to secure only 1 signing of any note. The input of Karl Harrison has not been what I was expecting, in fact it appears to the outsider totally non-existent. If Linners keeps us out if the bottom 2 it's a success, but won't help in further budgetting. To do that,  he needs to find 9/10 wins....

How long will it be before Matt Diskin stops getting blamed for all the ills of the club? The main problem at the Mount is we seem to be happy with players that have not performed for the last 3 years, some players that play very few games through injury or what ever reason, supporters are getting excited because we are resigning players who are at best average.

The club asked BISSA for money to sign a player from Hunslet who struggled to get in there team went on loan to Doncaster and as far as i remember was back at Hunslet quite quickly.

Have the club gone back to the pre Harrison days of only buying cut price players who have no chance of improving the clubs fortunes?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Worst first half I’ve seen in 2020...

we didn’t look like we had trained together... we look unfit, forwards were bullied in the first half thank god for ward, Walshaw and Manning 

2nd half we improved 1000% but it came too late Wayne reittie might as well of been stood in the 9 ole the 2nd half with the fans as he called for ball every time from Ben White.. 

finally Toby Everett ran on to the ball and got over the line 

we got held up around 3-4 times but we have got to stop giving cheap and silly penalties away with errors 

Archived