Barrow V Workington

Ambrose  hotel

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, town4me said:

Another good run out. lack of size down the middle showed  again. 

Considering they had 21 players to towns 16 was always going to tell in the end and only pre season these games mean nothing more than getting match fitness 

1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

Considering they had 21 players to towns 16 was always going to tell in the end and only pre season these games mean nothing more than getting match fitness 

Be no fitter props than dawson and Scholey after these last 2 weeks?

Overall pleased with town performance. 2 injuries in 1 st half limited interchanges in match, and  a heavy pitch to contend with.Look good in defence most of time apart from spell in 2nd half. Ct knows a bit more now with players etc. Hope injurys not to bad. Utt

When you think for the majority of that first half we only had 2 genuine forwards and for the majority of the 2nd only Stevie that was a pretty good effort. It certainly shows that we need some big guys up front, but even with what we’ve got, when all fully fit and available, on dry grounds I think we’ll be pretty good to watch. Our luck with injuries never seems to improve, hopefully neither are too bad. 

Hanley Dawson looks a real find, never taking a backward step and very good in defence. A big shout out to all 16 they never gave in and there was some tremendous last ditch defence when in the scheme of things it didn’t really matter, but they didn’t let there heads drop. 

58 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Doran could maybe push up to front row ?! If fitter he could win town the league all by himself! 

Right,, once again you aren't neutral just a haven troll now F### off will you. ?

Didn’t realise until I looked on the twitter feed that we kept them scoreless for the last 28 minutes. That is one hell of an effort even in a friendly. Augurs well for when we have ell, Barnes, O Donnell, Maudling, Wellington, O Brien and hopefully Tickle and ffmm back. 

26 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Need to address the squad in the next fortnight for sure. We need to ensure we have the 21 available.

Nice hit out though just hope fitzy n curwen arnt too serious or we will he pretty screwed

Always concerned for Tom when it looks like a knee injury. Hes had bad injuries with them before.

What is Wellington injury? And o'Briens?

Big three weeks or so now for us . We just must hit the ground running with the fixtures we have so we need to be a squad that’s as strong and deep as possible . There’s blokes over recent times carrying a huge load there and we’ve got to be able to share the burden more and have a good rotation . I’m not saying we will , but I just do not want another season of struggling for troops and giving a good effort in defeat against the odds , because apart from a pat on the back that isn’t getting you anywhere .

42 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Seeing as others have been taken off the squad page on the website and he hasn't I'd say probably but why no announcement?

Yeah it's turning into a strange one  the FFMM thing, especially with the  new season just around the corner. If he is returning why no announcement. 

Archived