Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Therein73

Two questions for the Club.......

Recommended Posts

Q1: ............ If I buy a season ticket for the North Stand, will that guarantee me a SEAT for the 'home' fixture at Headingley vs the Bulls ??

Q2:............. Is Tom Garratt injured or is there another reason for his pre-season absence??

Just a bit of info before I cough up 200 quid, please............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q2...at the kit launch Lee said that Tom was on personal leave due to a ongoing family matter,which I took to mean illness, no time scale was put on his return.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

Q1: ............ If I buy a season ticket for the North Stand, will that guarantee me a SEAT for the 'home' fixture at Headingley vs the Bulls ??

 

Further to this (my apologies if this has been covered already, but I have missed it) what will the match day admission be for our "Home" fixture at Headingley? 


The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

 

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question 3

Will after the HOME league fixture at headingley will the Dewsbury & Bradford fans be kicked out like the Toronto & Castleford fans after their double header  game after the first game of the rhino's season vs Hull FC?? For me a double header means you get 2 games for the price of 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, coolie said:

Question 3

Will after the HOME league fixture at headingley will the Dewsbury & Bradford fans be kicked out like the Toronto & Castleford fans after their double header  game after the first game of the rhino's season vs Hull FC?? For me a double header means you get 2 games for the price of 1.

Id fully expect that you can hang around for the 3pm game but I suspect that if your sat in certain seats you will  have to move to allow Rhino season ticket holders to use their seats.  Can't see that we could expect anything else to be honest..

Not sure how many "spare" seats there are but will surely be plenty of standing room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, coolie said:

Question 3

Will after the HOME league fixture at headingley will the Dewsbury & Bradford fans be kicked out like the Toronto & Castleford fans after their double header  game after the first game of the rhino's season vs Hull FC?? For me a double header means you get 2 games for the price of 1.

Leeds are marketing it as a 2 for the price of one!

image.thumb.png.bcfba2d45feeede7fa009d74c5d8ae16.pngWhere does it say the Toronto and has fans will be kicked out?

Edited by the old nine ole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Leeds are marketing it as a 2 for the price of one!

image.thumb.png.bcfba2d45feeede7fa009d74c5d8ae16.pngWhere does it say the Toronto and has fans will be kicked out?

Good to see they're using up to date pictures...…..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Leeds are marketing it as a 2 for the price of one!

image.thumb.png.bcfba2d45feeede7fa009d74c5d8ae16.pngWhere does it say the Toronto and has fans will be kicked out?

Somebody said it was true on Twitter, so it must be right.

From a logistical point of view allowing one crowd in for one game, denying the crowd for the second game access until the crowd for the first have been properly purged, then allowing access to crowd #2 would have been a complete nonsense. I can't believe that the clubs even considered this at all and that it is simply the result of some fans fevered imaginations.

The power of social media.

  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Somebody said it was true on Twitter, so it must be right.

From a logistical point of view allowing one crowd in for one game, denying the crowd for the second game access until the crowd for the first have been properly purged, then allowing access to crowd #2 would have been a complete nonsense. I can't believe that the clubs even considered this at all and that it is simply the result of some fans fevered imaginations.

The power of social media.

Doncaster managed it when hosting Sheffield, although it was a bit easier for them with fewer folk than the number of thumbs on one hand staying on for the Eagles match.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason reason I asked was we had some tickets offered for the game, they were only valid for the Leeds vs Hull game. 

Thanks for clearing it up cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Doncaster managed it when hosting Sheffield, although it was a bit easier for them with fewer folk than the number of thumbs on one hand staying on for the Eagles match.....

Quite. Like ushering one set of relatives out of the back when the other set are about to come in the front door.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuine question/ concern. Is this double a collaboration between 2 rl clubs? An attempt by Leeds to attract more championship fans to Leeds? Or the beginning of the end for championship rugby as we are relegated to curtain twitchers for sl games?

I know it might be a conspiracy theory too far but why are dewsbury doing it? Is owl lane not available that day or are all the rhinos' cheerleaders on a hen do together?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

Genuine question/ concern. Is this double a collaboration between 2 rl clubs? An attempt by Leeds to attract more championship fans to Leeds? Or the beginning of the end for championship rugby as we are relegated to curtain twitchers for sl games?

I know it might be a conspiracy theory too far but why are dewsbury doing it? Is owl lane not available that day or are all the rhinos' cheerleaders on a hen do together?

York also have a double header when we play Fev, Wakey are playing Toronto im looking forward to it a chance to see S,B,W, and a S/L game for free, whats not to like?.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

York also have a double header when we play Fev, Wakey are playing Toronto im looking forward to it a chance to see S,B,W, and a S/L game for free, whats not to like?.

Why would you take your home game to someone else's ground unless your own ground wasn't available? Especially as Leeds are probably dewsbury and batley's biggest rival when it comes to attracting fans. Isn't it just a big advert for the rhinos?

  • Like 1

For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

Genuine question/ concern. Is this double a collaboration between 2 rl clubs? An attempt by Leeds to attract more championship fans to Leeds? Or the beginning of the end for championship rugby as we are relegated to curtain twitchers for sl games?

I know it might be a conspiracy theory too far but why are dewsbury doing it? Is owl lane not available that day or are all the rhinos' cheerleaders on a hen do together?

"When you sup with the devil use a long spoon" is always sound advice. However, just for once, I do believe that this is a conspiracy theory too far. Although many would choose to disbelieve it Gary Hetherington is a SL chairman who truly does hold the interests of the whole game dear so, as I understand, there are no ulterior motives attached to the offer from Leeds. Whether we were right or wrong to accept the offer is another point altogether.

To address the conspiracy directly, those fans currently supporting both Bradford and Dewsbury are die hards, not glory hunters. Just how many of these would you imagine might be seduced by the palatial offerings of Headingley to simply abandon their team and switch to the Rhinos?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.......And maybe the two championship clubs could hand out Vouchers on the day, offering a future game at Tetley's Stadium for, say, a Tenner............ try and tempt any Rhinos fans to sample the delights of Championship Rugby League one afternoon...... 

That might satisfy the sceptics....... On the original subject, the reply from the Club was that I "should get a seat as it's our home game"

Not quite definitive, bet hey-ho.......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

Why would you take your home game to someone else's ground unless your own ground wasn't available? Especially as Leeds are probably dewsbury and batley's biggest rival when it comes to attracting fans. Isn't it just a big advert for the rhinos?

It does give the Rams and Bulls fans chance to join in with the relentlessly moronic "Leeds, Leeds, Leeds" song for free, so big plus there. I will be washing my hair that day.


Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

 

George Bernard Shaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Therein73 said:

.......And maybe the two championship clubs could hand out Vouchers on the day, offering a future game at Tetley's Stadium for, say, a Tenner............ try and tempt any Rhinos fans to sample the delights of Championship Rugby League one afternoon...... 

That might satisfy the sceptics....... On the original subject, the reply from the Club was that I "should get a seat as it's our home game"

Not quite definitive, bet hey-ho.......

and dont forget some handy parking at tetleys too.:kolobok_popcorm1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, graham fisher said:

?

Rhino fans coming to dews for a game,headinglys not known for car parking last time i went.I still think championships a better game anyway by far.:kolobok_popcorm1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Mark Sawyer as got a very good relationship with Hetherington and apparently this is an agreement that will benefit us when it comes to funding for 2021 season.

How????


For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

How????

Wait and see.

😎


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2020 at 10:37, Blind side johnny said:

To address the conspiracy directly, those fans currently supporting both Bradford and Dewsbury are die hards, not glory hunters. Just how many of these would you imagine might be seduced by the palatial offerings of Headingley to simply abandon their team and switch to the Rhinos?

Spot on BSJ, and if we put on a good game then we might well get a few Wakefield or even Rhino fans when they don't have a game...

On this note letting SL season ticket holders into our games for a tenner would be a good idea...

On a rare positive note for me Im looking forward to the double header and don't worry about parking, we will have grabbed all the on street parking before the Rhinos fans turn up 😀😀

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...