A history of Rugby XIII in France

kiggy

For those that can get it, a new series starts from the 28th charting the history of Rugby League in France.

This is the Info link

I will try and see if there is a Facebook/Youtube channel closer to the date if anyone is interested

53 minutes ago, kiggy said:

For those that can get it, a new series starts from the 28th charting the history of Rugby League in France.

This is the Info link

I will try and see if there is a Facebook/Youtube channel closer to the date if anyone is interested

Should be interesting. I suggest posting the information and updates on the main forum too, as there are plenty of members who never look at this forum.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, kiggy said:

This is the Info link

Would love that. If you find owt @kiggy please share. A fascinating story that I'd like to re-share for them too lazy to  read Mike Rylance's book. ?

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

--------------------------

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

On 21/01/2020 at 17:33, kiggy said:

Any luck?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

37 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I think the direct TV stuff is just Info, not actually what's on the box ... shame

Oh, well never mind, really appreciate you trying.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• 1 year later...

our next crusade - google translated the link to RaRa!!!! 

Someone should tell google translate that Rugby XIII means Rugby League. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/03/2021 at 16:07, fighting irish said:

our next crusade - google translated the link to RaRa!!!! 

Someone should tell google translate that Rugby XIII means Rugby League. 

I noticed that when I Google translated something the other day - dreadful! 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

i've given feedback to Google translate 5 or 6 times so far, but they've not changed it. 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

I`ve noticed some English RL fans translate "Rugby League" to "Rugby". The brain algorithms need reconfiguring.

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

i've given feedback to Google translate 5 or 6 times so far, but they've not changed it. 

Google translate is either a Rugby Union fan from anywhere, or a Rugby League fan from England.

3 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Looks like we are going to have to teach them the hard way......take over America starting with the NARL !

5 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I`ve noticed some English RL fans translate "Rugby League" to "Rugby". The brain algorithms need reconfiguring.

Google translate is either a Rugby Union fan from anywhere, or a Rugby League fan from England.

Yeah just saying rugby is ok, but Google turns Rugby XIII into Rugby Union. 

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yeah just saying rugby is ok, but Google turns Rugby XIII into Rugby Union. 

Looking at this benignly, algorithms will be programmed to recognise a sport more by its name than by the number of players in a team. And in French RL the only nominal contrast they generally draw is between Treize and Quinze. We need more clubs to go the route of "Albi Tigers Rugby League".

How could Google translate make sense of Rugby League Nines? i.e. Rugby a Treize a Neuf.

Archived