Toronto Academy/Reserves

3 minutes ago, Moove said:

Possibly a question for a separate thread but how come you didn't play in the academy league with the rest? There are 13 others to play in the U18s atm. There has been a proper league for quite a while

They were refused entry to the SL comp , along with other Championship clubs 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Clueless 

24 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Clueless again 

One of is certainly is... and I'm 100% positive it isn't me.

18 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

For that the sport would need a whole league of Torontos and it will never have that within the current English structure.

I'm not entirely convinced that is true. In my experience People in the new world are slowly coming round to the old world way of thinking that teams aught to earn their place at the top table. So long as the RFL keeps accepting teams with big ambitions and funds to match, teams can earn their way up. In fact for the sake of UK RL we need teams like Toronto to push our top teams. Right now they aren't challenged anywhere near capacity in so many respects.

50 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So you are familiar with the academy structure in the UK ?

Vaguely.

But I certainly know more than most here about how professional sports franchises are established and operated in North America. TWP are operating in the proven North America model that leads to long-term success here.

Proof? Major League Soccer. NHL's Las Vegas Golden Knights.

And your punctuation is still weird.

Just now, TIWIT said:

Vaguely.

But I certainly know more than most here about how professional sports franchises are established and operated in North America. TWP are operating in the proven North America model that leads to long-term success here.

So you don't have a clue , thought so , best to add you to the ignore list , bye 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So you don't have a clue , thought so , best to add you to the ignore list , bye 

To quote you: Clueless.

But just like the Wolfpack, I'm not going anywhere.

(Apologies to Mods if this is getting too nasty. Delete posts as necessary.)

27 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

To quote you: Clueless.

But just like the Wolfpack, I'm not going anywhere.

(Apologies to Mods if this is getting too nasty. Delete posts as necessary.)

I'm not asking Toronto to go away , I believe they should have some dispensations , I also believe they've either been incredibly stupid or are engineering problems to force the hand of the competition they've joined 

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I'm not asking Toronto to go away , I believe they should have some dispensations , I also believe they've either been incredibly stupid or are engineering problems to force the hand of the competition they've joined 

Pretty Machiavellian but I cant deny the possibility.

1 hour ago, TIWIT said:

Vaguely.

You see this is where we are different , I don't know hardly anything about the NHL,MLS,NBA or any other strange NA sports like rounders , so I don't go on message boards of those sports telling them how to run them 

Unlike your good self who knows very little about UK RL but believes your opinion has merit 

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You see this is where we are different , I don't know hardly anything about the NHL,MLS,NBA or any other strange NA sports like rounders , so I don't go on message boards of those sports telling them how to run them 

Unlike your good self who knows very little about UK RL but believes your opinion has merit 

The Premier League is the only British sport that rivals the 5 big North American leagues in terms of popularity and monetary clout. And in none of those leagues are a dominant Big 6 like the PL - they are all fiercely competitive.

There is no denying RFL is slowly dying. To keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the very definition of insanity

We TWP fans have fallen in love with the game and want it to thrive and grow. But there has to be some serious changes made to make that happen and that's what David Argyle wants too. Just look at the North American model of success. Even lesser second-tier sports here - minor-league baseball, lacrosse and hockey - do fine.

Obviously not everything done here will work there, but for the sake of the game some new ideas are necessary and since TWP are the only ones offering them why not give them serious consideration.

As it is TWP isn't really feeling welcome.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

His team has been in English rugby league for three years 

What a dumb argument

32 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

The Premier League is the only British sport that rivals the 5 big North American leagues in terms of popularity and monetary clout. And in none of those leagues are a dominant Big 6 like the PL - they are all fiercely competitive.

There is no denying RFL is slowly dying. To keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the very definition of insanity

We TWP fans have fallen in love with the game and want it to thrive and grow. But there has to be some serious changes made to make that happen and that's what David Argyle wants too. Just look at the North American model of success. Even lesser second-tier sports here - minor-league baseball, lacrosse and hockey - do fine.

Obviously not everything done here will work there, but for the sake of the game some new ideas are necessary and since TWP are the only ones offering them why not give them serious consideration.

As it is TWP isn't really feeling welcome.

The culture clash is a big thing imo

Will argyle continue to bite his tongue and try to fit in.  Will.the super league owners welcome them into the game or see them with suspicion 

Wolfpack are an opportunity.not a threat 

5 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

The culture clash is a big thing imo

Will argyle continue to bite his tongue and try to fit in.  Will.the super league owners welcome them into the game or see them with suspicion 

Wolfpack are an opportunity.not a threat 

Its pretty hard to be invited to a party and then discover the only way you can get in is if you buy all the booze, stay in a corner and don't hit on any of the pretty girls.

1 minute ago, TIWIT said:

Its pretty hard to be invited to a party and then discover the only way you can get in is if you buy all the booze, stay in a corner and don't hit on any of the pretty girls.

Have you been to northern England? There aren't many pretty girls 

?

2 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Jokes aside this is true. Give it time hopefully you'll win over super league bosses when they come visit in the flesh and have a beer with argyle 

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Have you been to northern England? There aren't many pretty girls 

?

Booze + the later the hour makes every girl beautful

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Jokes aside this is true. Give it time hopefully you'll win over super league bosses when they come visit in the flesh and have a beer with argyle 

And see all the pretty girls and kids running about. Hopefully they'll recognize people having fun when they see them

5 hours ago, TIWIT said:

You've joined in with others throwing insults about with no actual knowledge of the subject , you think that's ok ? , Do that at a party over here and you'll be getting carried out the door 

You've joined in with others throwing insults about with no actual knowledge of the subject , you think that's ok ? , Do that at a party over here and you'll be getting carried out the door 

you basically told a canadian rugby league fan he had no right to talk about his team because hes not from england and you wonder why they respond back like that?

lol

rugby league isnt a hard sport to pick up.  if you watch it properly for 3 years youll be an expert on it.

He didn't last long on your ignore list and reading through this thread,you seem to be the one hurling insults.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

He didn't last long on your ignore list and reading through this thread,you seem to be the one hurling insults.

ill bet the canadians actually go to more rugby league games too rather than spending so much time on here bagging another club.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

do they play a special kind of rugby league in leigh which is more complicated than the game we watch.  is that what he means. 

more subtleties and nuances maybe

5 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

If leigh cant run an academy because the area they are in is already saturated then we dont really gain anything from having Leigh in SL. It's not a justification for them not having an academy, it's a justification for SL not having them

Toronto not having an academy because that area needs ther amateur game building up, is why we should be prioritising Toronto

oh is that true about leigh not having an academy.  lol.  thats so ironic

Archived