Toulouse Olympique Launch

audois

Didier Lacroix present yet again at TO launch. The Stade Toulousain President giving his support. His team French Top14 Champions and aiming for Heineken Cup glory with Ulster in quarter finals. Is the ’ville rose’ the only city in Europe where oval ball rules ? TO boss Bernard Sarrazian is targetting 30th May with the first ever double header in France. His aim is to fill to capacity Stade Ernest Wallon (19,000) which would be an all-time French club record for a regular season fixture.

The club feel their recruitment in 2020 could be decisive as all of them having played either NRL or Super League. The build-up for York on the opening weekend has started. Sarrazain here giving France 3 regional television major channel the up-date.

Lacroix’s set-up so dominant that he is maybe comfortable in entering this arrangement. Something Dragons never reached with USAP. The problem there was I think the bloke who later became head of Top 14 organisation wanted nothing to do with the treize. Last year when Catalans played in Barcelona the USAP had approached the governing body about changing the day of their game to enable all rugby fans to travel south.

EO1LIdHWkAYF2Xv.jpg

EO4K5hGWAAAvosf.jpg

EOzC9MaW4AAsGw3.jpg

EOvN_2aWsAokni2.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d love to see a strong Toulouse (or other French side) in a 14 team SL. Have always been sceptical about Toulouse’s crowds being anywhere near sufficient to maintain a sustainable SL team, but if moving to the Union ground sorts that problem out then great ?

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

I’d love to see a strong Toulouse (or other French side) in a 14 team SL. Have always been sceptical about Toulouse’s crowds being anywhere near sufficient to maintain a sustainable SL team, but if moving to the Union ground sorts that problem out then great ?

Hopefully we will see 1501 people there this year Eddie. ? 

Half a page in the regional broad-sheet 'La Depeche du Midi' Sports Section yesterday. Unheard for TO usually locked away in the city edition. Never seen such a profile. Lacroix and Sarrazain making this happen.

IMG_20200124_0001_NEW.jpg

EO4auYCXsAE9Ttc.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

21 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Toulouse should sign Tony Gigot, he’d give their promotion hopes a massive boost 

Depends which Gigot turns up !

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

51 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Tony hopefully.

OK, which Tony Gigot turns up as he can be a Jekyll and Hyde player.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

What opinion on crowds at new venue can the regularly get 5k plus ? Good squad Frank winterstein, both vaivais, harrison hanson, con mika, Ben Evans, James bell and white. 

The conductors will again be Ford, robin and Kheirallah with support vast of ader, Marcon, barthau.

On 22/01/2020 at 12:25, audois said:

TO boss Bernard Sarrazian is targetting 30th May with the first ever double header in France

That's a coincidence so are we at ours!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 hours ago, winnyason said:

What opinion on crowds at new venue can the regularly get 5k plus ? Good squad Frank winterstein, both vaivais, harrison hanson, con mika, Ben Evans, James bell and white. 

The conductors will again be Ford, robin and Kheirallah with support vast of ader, Marcon, barthau.

I can’t think of a historic precedent of moving to a new ground quadrupling a team’s crowds overnight, but I hope for their sake that they increase dramatically. 

In the above piece Lacroix went out of his way to say TO weren't being invited but resident. It's their home and part of Stade Toulousain.'We are happy to be part of this project'. Their adminisration is now I understand located at Stade Ernest Wallon. It's miles away from what the Dragons went through when at Aime Giral. As the screen suggests below 'Together'. Encouraging.

(Budget for 2020 reported to be €3,2M

EPDVegSXUAMUxzT.jpg

7 hours ago, audois said:
In the above piece Lacroix went out of his way to say TO weren't being invited but resident. It's their home and part of Stade Toulousain.'We are happy to be part of this project'. Their adminisration is now I understand located at Stade Ernest Wallon. It's miles away from what the Dragons went through when at Aime Giral. As the screen suggests below 'Together'. Encouraging.

(Budget for 2020 reported to be €3,2M

EPDVegSXUAMUxzT.jpg

Their marketing has certainly gone up a few notches since the Stade Toulousain move. Really shows that they are a big club in the making. 

7 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Hoping Toulouse can get promoted this year,would be great to see them in Superleague.

There are a number of teams that it would be great to see in super league - the sooner there’s a 14 team league with 2 up 2 down the better. 1 up one down isn’t enough. 

11 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

10 & 10 with 2 up 2 down

Technically with 10 and 2 down you could survive relegation in the last couple of weeks of the season and go on and win the Super League title. I don't think that creates any kind of elite sport mentality. 

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

There are a number of teams that it would be great to see in super league - the sooner there’s a 14 team league with 2 up 2 down the better. 1 up one down isn’t enough. 

You're so predictable and boring. If you think there are a number of teams that you think it would be great to be in SL then start a thread about those teams. Stop hijacking constructive threads. 

So much potential if Toulouse actually get there. Not least a clever fixture planner creating back-to-back games in France for well supported UK clubs during the spring and summer months. Would be a great holiday tour.

Also, the French derby would be the highest profile domestic French fixture in the modern era 

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

So much potential if Toulouse actually get there. Not least a clever fixture planner creating back-to-back games in France for well supported UK clubs during the spring and summer months. Would be a great holiday tour.

Also, the French derby would be the highest profile domestic French fixture in the modern era 

There is. Toulouse and a 2nd French team in Super League, has so many benefits for the wider game.

42 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

You're so predictable and boring. If you think there are a number of teams that you think it would be great to be in SL then start a thread about those teams. Stop hijacking construction threads. 

Sorry Chief, I didn’t realise you were the arbiter of this forum. 

47 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

You're so predictable and boring. If you think there are a number of teams that you think it would be great to be in SL then start a thread about those teams. Stop hijacking construction threads. 

Yeh this thread was BUILDING to something 

Archived