Toulouse Olympique Launch

audois

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evidence.

Bergal, White, Barthau, Robin and Ader take in yesterdays Top 14 clash v Bordeaux.

EPSNLGLWsAEBEJU.jpg

EPOZComWkAIQcSn.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Respective Captains and Chairmen of ST with TO. Good stuff

EPn4lTYW4AAudGS.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

34 minutes ago, Jim from Oz said:

Dare I ask why Catalans and Toulouse played on the same day?

Can't they schedule home games so there is a home RL game in Toulouse and Perpignan every week?

Seems madness get that in 2 games they had nearly 12k through gate but generally fans of both teams would like to get to each game 

9 hours ago, winnyason said:

Seems madness get that in 2 games they had nearly 12k through gate but generally fans of both teams would like to get to each game 

Do you really think they would, it’s not like the two teams are close together. 

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Do you really think they would, it’s not like the two teams are close together. 

I expect both sides draw at least a certain amount of support from the Carcassonne area, a RL heartland almost smack bang between the two.

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I expect both sides draw at least a certain amount of support from the Carcassonne area, a RL heartland almost smack bang between the two.

TO real  pull I think is in  the north in the Tarn. 2nd biggest crowd they've had (5000) was up at Albi.

3 minutes ago, audois said:

TO real  pull I think is in  the north in the Tarn. 2nd biggest crowd they've had (5000) was up at Albi.

I bow to your superior knowledge. It would certainly make sense if they were targeting different markets outside of their own boundaries.

20 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s still a couple of hours travel from there to either ground though? 

5 hours ago, aj1908 said:

Im super league i think they can surpass catalans crowds 

While 4,000 is obviously a massive improvement on previous seasons’ gates, you need to wait a few games to see if that is sustained or improved, or it was just high as there were some curious people for the first game. 

It's a tough sporting market is Toulouse. ST ahead of TFC in Ligue 1 especially now as the soccer side is struggling. Handball and basketball popular playing in national and international competitions too. Colomiers XV going well in Pro 16 - going back three decades though they reached a Heineken Cup Final. Last home game they pulled 3,200. Blagnac in the third tier I think the 3rd union side of note in the city. TO today are on the move. I think it's a big year for them.

4 minutes ago, Fabou said:

I only saw the match highlights so it is a bit hard to judge their overall game level?

Since York should be a great competitor, what has been your thoughts about TO's level ?

Both sides had errors not helped by a wet pitch but in fairness, Toulouse were the better team in terms of game control, they are very physical, quick and technically gifted, I personally think they will go up this season but that said plenty of twists and turns yet

2 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Both sides had errors not helped by a wet pitch but in fairness, Toulouse were the better team in terms of game control, they are very physical, quick and technically gifted, I personally think they will go up this season but that said plenty of twists and turns yet

How does it work with the live video rights for the Championship this season? are we going to be able to see regularly Championship match online?

(sorry if this question is a bit off topic, as I leave abroad, I dont have the chance to see TO playing live and I am wondering if this year it will be possible)

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

While 4,000 is obviously a massive improvement on previous seasons’ gates, you need to wait a few games to see if that is sustained or improved, or it was just high as there were some curious people for the first game. 

catalans werent getting these types of crowds werent they werent in super league.  cant remember if it was the two clubs before they merged or they had one year as a merged club.  but the crowds pre super league were rubbish

My honest opinion..... I thought TO were a shambles until the sending off. York pretty much controlled the game and then fell apart in the last few minutes. 

I'd be very surprised if they were to be promoted, it just doesn't seem as though they've learned their mistakes from the Featherstone play off game last year. Always trying to play champagne rugby leads to errors and the whole style of play needs reigning in a bit. Also not impressed by any of the signings they made in the off season. All of them were anonymous against York. 

I have London, Leigh, Featherstone and possibly York finishing ahead of them in the table.

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

My honest opinion..... I thought TO were a shambles until the sending off. York pretty much controlled the game and then fell apart in the last few minutes. 

I'd be very surprised if they were to be promoted, it just doesn't seem as though they've learned their mistakes from the Featherstone play off game last year. Always trying to play champagne rugby leads to errors and the whole style of play needs reigning in a bit. Also not impressed by any of the signings they made in the off season. All of them were anonymous against York. 

I have London, Leigh, Featherstone and possibly York finishing ahead of them in the table.

Lloyd White wasn’t anonymous ?

I think you’re being overly harsh. I thought Toulouse always had the upper hand in the game despite the huge amount of errors they did. And they got stronger after the sending off. 

I do agree they need to control their footy a bit more though but I think they are still favourites for promotion. They’re certainly beatable though

5 hours ago, aj1908 said:

catalans werent getting these types of crowds werent they werent in super league.  cant remember if it was the two clubs before they merged or they had one year as a merged club.  but the crowds pre super league were rubbish

1,650 per game (2001-2002 season)

http://web.archive.org/web/20020625195408/http://www.rugbytreize.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=879

Archived