Toulouse Olympique Launch

audois

18 hours ago, Fabou said:

How does it work with the live video rights for the Championship this season? are we going to be able to see regularly Championship match online?

(sorry if this question is a bit off topic, as I leave abroad, I dont have the chance to see TO playing live and I am wondering if this year it will be possible)

Aside from the clubs own content. If you can download the Our League app they have every Sunday a selection of games from Challenge Cup, Women's Super League, Championship and League 1. The occasional ones on Saturday too, at the moment this is the only online coverage 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Aside from the clubs own content. If you can download the Our League app they have every Sunday a selection of games from Challenge Cup, Women's Super League, Championship and League 1. The occasional ones on Saturday too, at the moment this is the only online coverage 

OK thanks !!

that is better than nothing.. I will check the Our League service, I Think I once created an account on that. 

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That was in the French Chanpionship though, so not a like for like comparison. Plus they’d just merged which might have had an effect on crowds. 

You seem dead against the idea Toulose can replicate Catalans yet seem an expansion fan ?

I.think they can beat Catalans handily 

26 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

You seem dead against the idea Toulose can replicate Catalans yet seem an expansion fan ?

I.think they can beat Catalans handily 

Quite the opposite, I would love them to be an established SL team with five figure crowds, lots of French players and a French free to air tv deal. I just don’t see them as the saviours of SL just yet, based on their attendances so far. 

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Quite the opposite, I would love them to be an established SL team with five figure crowds, lots of French players and a French free to air tv deal. I just don’t see them as the saviours of SL just yet, based on their attendances so far. 

Not saying they are saviours just 10k plus crowds in super league should be easy given

1. Toulose is a big city vs peripgnan 

2. League has in the past been strong in France so its nit virgin territory

3. Potential if union side backing them including better ground 

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Not saying they are saviours just 10k plus crowds in super league should be easy given

Comparing populations doesn’t work, otherwise you could ask why don’t Leeds get 100,000 to every game as Cas (population 40,000) get 8,000. 

They also face stiff competition from Football and Union. Time will tell, I hope they do it obviously; but their gates last season, particularly in the play offs, don’t suggest there’s significant support there yet. 

Just now, Eddie said:

They also face stiff competition from Football and Union. Time will tell, I hope they do it obviously; but their gates last season, particularly in the play offs, don’t suggest there’s significant support there yet. 

there wont be till super league. 

catalans went from 1500 to 9k so thats the precedent.  toulose will draw lots of latent support.

the problem is i cant see them ever winning the championship.  so unless they get parachuted in well never know.

Just now, aj1908 said:

catalans went from 1500 to 9k so thats the precedent.  toulose will draw lots of latent support.

the problem is i cant see them ever winning the championship.  so unless they get parachuted in well never know.

They’ve got as good a chance as anyone this season. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

They’ve got as good a chance as anyone this season. 

14 team super league with the winners of championship promoted with toulose, and no teams relegated

toulose, les catalans and toronto given immunity from relegation

6 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

I think that Salford and London are evidence that 1. alone is not enough. And I'm always wary about how good point 3 is. 10k crowds will take a bit of time and a lot of hard work and an element of luck but definitely doable.

However having said that I do think that if Toulouse can get into SL and stay there for 5 years or so then we will be seeing strong crowds and a big increase in profile for RL in France. And if they earn promotion through winning the league this year who can hold it against them.

2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

14 team super league with the winners of championship promoted with toulose, and no teams relegated

toulose, les catalans and toronto given immunity from relegation

14 team super league, one up and one down automatically, 13th and 2nd play off. If you’re not good enough to stay up you go down. 

29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

14 team super league, one up and one down automatically, 13th and 2nd play off. If you’re not good enough to stay up you go down. 

relegating toronto would just be madness if they go to 14 teams.  you dont need to add two teams from the championship.

If Super League can find a Reasonable TV deal there should permanently be 2 French sides in a 14 team Super League. In the event of a french side being relegated they could only be replaced by another French Side. Remember you heard it here 1st and hopefully not last.

Some similarities here with Toronto profile?

EP8kbVPW4AAeySH.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

23 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I do agree they need to control their footy a bit more though but I think they are still favourites for promotion. They’re certainly beatable though

Yes, I seem to remember a certain home game against Swinton last season where TO were supposed to score 60+.... and we know how that turned out don't we ! 

Given issues around no local tv deal then Toulouse is important.they may only be a 5-7 k crowd averages but give code credibility in France

Yes avignon could be bigger in terms of crowds no doubt and or Carcassonne but it's does not do the same as Toulouse. 

23 hours ago, aj1908 said:

They are full time and don't seem to be short of cash, so if they don't, it's their own doing.

2,318 was the announced crowd for the Oldham match. Considering the club only averaged 2,488 last year across the whole season and this would have been arguably one of their less 'appealing' fixtures, the new venue does appear to be helping attract more attendees.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Archived