Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
audois

Toulouse Olympique Launch

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Fabou said:

How does it work with the live video rights for the Championship this season? are we going to be able to see regularly Championship match online?

(sorry if this question is a bit off topic, as I leave abroad, I dont have the chance to see TO playing live and I am wondering if this year it will be possible)

Aside from the clubs own content. If you can download the Our League app they have every Sunday a selection of games from Challenge Cup, Women's Super League, Championship and League 1. The occasional ones on Saturday too, at the moment this is the only online coverage 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Aside from the clubs own content. If you can download the Our League app they have every Sunday a selection of games from Challenge Cup, Women's Super League, Championship and League 1. The occasional ones on Saturday too, at the moment this is the only online coverage 

OK thanks !!

that is better than nothing.. I will check the Our League service, I Think I once created an account on that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That was in the French Chanpionship though, so not a like for like comparison. Plus they’d just merged which might have had an effect on crowds. 

You seem dead against the idea Toulose can replicate Catalans yet seem an expansion fan ?

I.think they can beat Catalans handily 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

You seem dead against the idea Toulose can replicate Catalans yet seem an expansion fan ?

I.think they can beat Catalans handily 

Quite the opposite, I would love them to be an established SL team with five figure crowds, lots of French players and a French free to air tv deal. I just don’t see them as the saviours of SL just yet, based on their attendances so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Quite the opposite, I would love them to be an established SL team with five figure crowds, lots of French players and a French free to air tv deal. I just don’t see them as the saviours of SL just yet, based on their attendances so far. 

Not saying they are saviours just 10k plus crowds in super league should be easy given

1. Toulose is a big city vs peripgnan 

2. League has in the past been strong in France so its nit virgin territory

3. Potential if union side backing them including better ground 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Not saying they are saviours just 10k plus crowds in super league should be easy given

1. Toulose is a big city vs peripgnan 

2. League has in the past been strong in France so its nit virgin territory

3. Potential if union side backing them including better ground 

Comparing populations doesn’t work, otherwise you could ask why don’t Leeds get 100,000 to every game as Cas (population 40,000) get 8,000. 
 

They also face stiff competition from Football and Union. Time will tell, I hope they do it obviously; but their gates last season, particularly in the play offs, don’t suggest there’s significant support there yet. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eddie said:

They also face stiff competition from Football and Union. Time will tell, I hope they do it obviously; but their gates last season, particularly in the play offs, don’t suggest there’s significant support there yet. 

there wont be till super league. 

catalans went from 1500 to 9k so thats the precedent.  toulose will draw lots of latent support.

the problem is i cant see them ever winning the championship.  so unless they get parachuted in well never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aj1908 said:

there wont be till super league. 

catalans went from 1500 to 9k so thats the precedent.  toulose will draw lots of latent support.

the problem is i cant see them ever winning the championship.  so unless they get parachuted in well never know.

They’ve got as good a chance as anyone this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

They’ve got as good a chance as anyone this season. 

14 team super league with the winners of championship promoted with toulose, and no teams relegated

toulose, les catalans and toronto given immunity from relegation

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Not saying they are saviours just 10k plus crowds in super league should be easy given

1. Toulose is a big city vs peripgnan 

2. League has in the past been strong in France so its nit virgin territory

3. Potential if union side backing them including better ground 

I think that Salford and London are evidence that 1. alone is not enough. And I'm always wary about how good point 3 is. 10k crowds will take a bit of time and a lot of hard work and an element of luck but definitely doable.

However having said that I do think that if Toulouse can get into SL and stay there for 5 years or so then we will be seeing strong crowds and a big increase in profile for RL in France. And if they earn promotion through winning the league this year who can hold it against them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

14 team super league with the winners of championship promoted with toulose, and no teams relegated

toulose, les catalans and toronto given immunity from relegation

 

14 team super league, one up and one down automatically, 13th and 2nd play off. If you’re not good enough to stay up you go down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

14 team super league, one up and one down automatically, 13th and 2nd play off. If you’re not good enough to stay up you go down. 

relegating toronto would just be madness if they go to 14 teams.  you dont need to add two teams from the championship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

id even throw in if toulose and toronto forgo TV money then they are exempt from relegation for as long as this continues

You shouldn't waste yr time debating with a troll 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Daddy said:

You shouldn't waste yr time debating with a troll 

i dont think he is

he just supports P&R but otherwise likes expansion

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Super League can find a Reasonable TV deal there should permanently be 2 French sides in a 14 team Super League. In the event of a french side being relegated they could only be replaced by another French Side. Remember you heard it here 1st and hopefully not last.

Edited by kiwis 13 6
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some similarities here with Toronto profile?

EP8kbVPW4AAeySH.jpg

 

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DoubleD said:

 I do agree they need to control their footy a bit more though but I think they are still favourites for promotion. They’re certainly beatable though

Yes, I seem to remember a certain home game against Swinton last season where TO were supposed to score 60+.... and we know how that turned out don't we ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given issues around no local tv deal then Toulouse is important.they may only be a 5-7 k crowd averages but give code credibility in France

 Yes avignon could be bigger in terms of crowds no doubt and or Carcassonne but it's does not do the same as Toulouse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, aj1908 said:

there wont be till super league. 

catalans went from 1500 to 9k so thats the precedent.  toulose will draw lots of latent support.

the problem is i cant see them ever winning the championship.  so unless they get parachuted in well never know.

They are full time and don't seem to be short of cash, so if they don't, it's their own doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

They are full time and don't seem to be short of cash, so if they don't, it's their own doing.

thanks i learned a lot from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2,318 was the announced crowd for the Oldham match. Considering the club only averaged 2,488 last year across the whole season and this would have been arguably one of their less 'appealing' fixtures, the new venue does appear to be helping attract more attendees.

  • Like 3

signature.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...