Toronto ‘to play Kangaroos on Oct 24’

BMO is a lovely venue with one of the best views in professional sports. Beautiful lake and beautiful skyline.

And the CN tower view from the nosebleed beerline!

I hope it's a sell out occasion!

Now let's hope they sort out the London thing...

IMG_20190814_202101.jpg

IMG_20190814_202059.jpg

IMG_20190814_203456.jpg

18 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

Great news. I would think that the marketing and promotion if this game will put "The Denver" fiasco to shame.

[tounge in cheek mode=] It won't have been cheap to get the kangaroos to travel this route as it's not an Transat/Air Canada route, and let's hope the accommodation is a step up from student dorms (dives for cover) [/TICM] 

This is a real opportunity for our sport. I'd hope argyle could tempt Perez back to promote this and the game and his club in general across ontario. 

It’s an opportunity for TWP, not for our sport. People like you have taken every opportunity to deride them. 

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

As much as I like the Argos, I don't think they need to worry about them for play-off fixtures looking at last season....or the year before....

5 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

As much as I like the Argos, I don't think they need to worry about them for play-off fixtures looking at last season....or the year before....

Still wouldn’t book any flights, not least as t’Wolfpack have a bit of a track record of these things not materialising.

1 minute ago, NOS4A2 said:

It is an opportunity for the sport in general..... It Toronto do not represent the same, then what is their point? 

I don't deride them by the way, but don't want this thread about a positive turned around like the rest, so i leave it there. 

Give me a break!

7 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

Why? 

I've just repeated that this a great opportunity for the game.

Do I cheerlead everything about Toronto? No. 

Did I deride this announcement? No

Toronto aren't "my team" so it goes without saying that I will find fault if it's there to be found. Wigan aren't my team either and I think their average attendances last year were appaling for the supposed biggest name in English Rugby and I strongly believe that Castleford and Wakefield should have pooled resources a decade ago and shared a new stadium. 

Toronto seem to get a lot of negativity, some deserved some not, but they do paint a target on their backs more often than not. Sarracens stadium holds 10k.....trailfinders doesn't..... Pick what you will from that. 

NOW. Back to this positive. Maybe an Opportunity to showcase some of the kids rugby in ontario before KO? Could an international featuring Canada be sorted in time? 

You talk a good talk but we all know who you really are and what your agenda is...you sow dissent...I for one will not put the fox in charge of the hen house..you never answered my question:  "Are you the previous poster known as Gutterfax?"

2 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

I answered it. As usual, you ignored the answer because it wasn't the one you wanted. 

AGAIN. This is in my opinion a bigger opportunity for the game in North America than the Denver Test and the teams in NYC and Ottawa. The #1 side in the world in any sport should be a draw for 'sports fan' so what better way to showcase our sport to 30,000 locals with a view to getting them to come to more games.

Speaking of Ottawa. This would be a great event to launch the clubs shirt for the 2021 season. 

You never answered it...and I never ignore anything (ever).

Quit trying to change the topic...we are onto you.

1 hour ago, NOS4A2 said:

It is an opportunity for the sport in general..... It Toronto do not represent the same, then what is their point? 

I don't deride them by the way, but don't want this thread about a positive turned around like the rest, so i leave it there. 

Something like 24 of your first 26 posts were anti-TWP, it’s deeply tedious. 

If this comes off then it is great news.

A great opportunity for TWP to continue to raise their profile in their market.

And a great opportunity for the Kangaroos to build their brand... something they should have been doing for the last 40 years instead of simply letting the All Blacks become the premier 'rugby' brand and the accepted best players in the world while the Kangaroos remain the best kept secret in world sport.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

If it were a double header, surely the fact that BMO has Hybrid Grass would leave for minimal damage to the surface? As I understand it, the major sticking point will be if the pitch is needed for Toronto FC in the MLS Play-offs, but surely if they need the stadium on a Saturday, the Kangaroos v Wolfpack could play on Sunday?

Hybrid might help, but you know soccer folk, any excuse to fall over!

As for the playoffs - I would hope they could come to an agreement - especially with so much notice

11 minutes ago, Abicus said:

Is this entire match just dependent on SBW appearing? Wouldn't he be with the Samoan squad?

Well TWP are paying him £ millions and Samoa will be paying him a few £ Hundred... He will be expected to do what the club ask. - If hes still there at that point.

6 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

I did answer it and my answer was commented upon by another poster.

As for changing the topic, your 3 posts in this thread contain not one comment abut the threads actual topic.

If it were a double header, surely the fact that BMO has Hybrid Grass would leave for minimal damage to the surface? As I understand it, the major sticking point will be if the pitch is needed for Toronto FC in the MLS Play-offs, but surely if they need the stadium on a Saturday, the Kangaroos v Wolfpack could play on Sunday?

The CFL's Toronto Argonauts also play at BMO Field.  Fortunately they have a bye that weekend, so the only potential conflict is the MLS playoff schedule, depending on where Toronto FC finishes this year and how far they advance.

9 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

Do Torontonians (sic) attend sports on a specific weekend day,  or are there games on all weekend? I see the football side play any day Friday through Sunday and take it it's the same for the CFL side, so all it would take is to request both the MLS admins and CFL admins that either Friday Night, Saturday or Sunday afternoon be made available?

As others have said, if the cash is available, then this will happen!

Are you that troll I ran into once?...yes or no.

22 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

Do Torontonians (sic) attend sports on a specific weekend day,  or are there games on all weekend? I see the football side play any day Friday through Sunday and take it it's the same for the CFL side, so all it would take is to request both the MLS admins and CFL admins that either Friday Night, Saturday or Sunday afternoon be made available?

As others have said, if the cash is available, then this will happen!

Torotonians go to sports events at many different times on different days.  The Blue Jays have 81 home matches a season and they can be on any day of the week.  The Argos' home matches are mostly on Saturdays with a few on Friday according to their schedule and TFC's home matches all appear to be on Saturdays except for a couple on Wednesday nights earlier in their season.

The CFL shouldn't be an issue as the Argos don't play that weekend, the only possible issue is the MLS playoffs and then it depends where Toronto FC finishes the regular season and how far they advance.  Last year they were at home in the first round and won, then played away in both the Eastern Conference Semi-Final and the Eastern Conference Final, so unless they finish high enough to get home field advantage late into the playoffs that shouldn't be an issue either.

2 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

So log as the top players attend in Canada, I suppose there's not a lot Argyle could do if a Fringe side is played, but if I were catching the bill, I'd want to see some superstars out on the park

They won’t fly a separate team of second tier players to Toronto. It’ll be packed with the best but because it’s not a full international a few of the extras will get a great opportunity.

If they are unknown in Toronto, can they really be superstars? I would have thought they’d just be just considered extremely good athletes.

Archived