Toronto ‘to play Kangaroos on Oct 24’

1 minute ago, Copa said:

They won’t fly a separate team of second tier players to Toronto. It’ll be packed with the best but because it’s not a full international a few of the extras will get a great opportunity.

If they are unknown in Toronto, can they really be superstars? I would have thought they’d just be just considered extremely good athletes.

This is true. Even in England now NZ Rugby is an easier sell than Australia Rugby, especially in London. The NRL players are just unknown for the most part outside of Australasia and thus the Kiwis (piggybacking the All Blacks of course) are just an easier concept to sell. Sad that we've got to this stage but we can work to build it back up!

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

If this comes off then it is great news.

A great opportunity for TWP to continue to raise their profile in their market.

And a great opportunity for the Kangaroos to build their brand... something they should have been doing for the last 40 years instead of simply letting the All Blacks become the premier 'rugby' brand and the accepted best players in the world while the Kangaroos remain the best kept secret in world sport.

When I last checked, the All Blacks play a different sport. What a nonsensical thing to say 

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

If this comes off then it is great news.

A great opportunity for TWP to continue to raise their profile in their market.

And a great opportunity for the Kangaroos to build their brand... something they should have been doing for the last 40 years instead of simply letting the All Blacks become the premier 'rugby' brand and the accepted best players in the world while the Kangaroos remain the best kept secret in world sport.

Spot on. 

53 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

I answered your question already and you're now at 4 posts in this thread with no relevance to the thread topic. You are tedious to the extreme old chap and a bit of a bore too if I am honest. 
You often as not come across as a teenage cheerleader hoping to get the attention of the star quarterback who you'll let get to second base because that's what "popular" girls do, whilst hardly ever offering anything of value to any discussion other than to bemoan and belittle anyone who disagrees with you.
The poster who replied when I answered your question has also referred to you as a Donald Trump Wanabee, which I find a tad harsh of the Wotsit Headed Bigot i the White House.

Now. There you have it. I've bitten. I'm sure you'll get your jollies now, but I'd get nursey to up your meds as well!

Back on Thread AGAIN

I see that the CFL steer clear of Sunday as a match day, so that would mean just the buy in from MLS and the game can be inked in!

You ARE that troll with the various aliases...go back to the other forum where your kind belong/I don't care if you've been banned from there....you don't belong here..go away troll.

39 minutes ago, Copa said:

They won’t fly a separate team of second tier players to Toronto. It’ll be packed with the best but because it’s not a full international a few of the extras will get a great opportunity.

If they are unknown in Toronto, can they really be superstars? I would have thought they’d just be just considered extremely good athletes.

They are unknown in Toronto and certainly not even close to being recognized in the same category as the Blacks....but this can change, and will change,  with an upcoming successful Toronto season.   I hope it all works out....lots of Aussies who live in CDN/USA will be coming to this one.

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well TWP are paying him £ millions and Samoa will be paying him a few £ Hundred... He will be expected to do what the club ask. - If hes still there at that point.

If that was an nrl doing that for an English player would.your response be the same 

7 hours ago, Copa said:

While Toronto will lose by a significant margin it’ll be a great way to show Toronto fans what the best are capable of.

It will also give fringe Australian players a chance to play.

They will take it easy like.they did vs America years ago 

7 hours ago, NOS4A2 said:

I say old fellow. You do seem to get a tad "hot under the collar" when you are found to be incorrect. I answered the question and yet you repeat the claim, which is again incorrect. This instance was your 5th attempt i this thread to attract attention to your incorrect claims rather than deal with the issue in hand. 

I'd add that your 6th post in this thread mentioned The All Blacks, yet you have tried to identify me (incorrectly) as a Union Troll. Wherever you are in the world K-man, there's a little bit more irony shining at the moment✌️Peace Out Man ✌️

Back on Topic Again. If this is at or near the contract stage, then Sunday the 25th would look like a best bet scenario, with the Australians leaving Canada on Monday and arriving late that night, with Tuesday to rest then a few days training before the first test at Bolton on the Saturday

I don't think you're a union troll, just a troll full stop. 

That said only 25 more posts to go and you're over the line once again!

10 hours ago, Boomer Bang Wool said:

When I last checked, the All Blacks play a different sport. What a nonsensical thing to say 

It wasn't hard to understand.  In the early 90s.the kangaroos were probably bigger than the all.blacks then the super league war killed international rugby league 

Look at those roos side back then it was streets ahead of anything nz rugby could peoduce 

9 hours ago, aj1908 said:

If that was an nrl doing that for an English player would.your response be the same 

This is RL marra, the clubs rule and have all the power. The small international teams have no money.

In RU the international teams have the power as they have the money.

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

This is RL marra, the clubs rule and have all the power. The small international teams have no money.

In RU the international teams have the power as they have the money.

Lol.that didn't answer my question.

I asked would YOU say it's ok for an nrl club to stand down an English test player 

21 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Lol.that didn't answer my question.

I asked would YOU say it's ok for an nrl club to stand down an English test player 

Errr - yes as the clubs in RL ( both SL & NRL) hold the power- as I said-  I would say that as we all know it doesnt matter which country he plays for it would be at the digression of the club.

To be honest most of the NRL based players are on their way out or we have better in SL anyway - but SL clubs would have the final say anyway marra.

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Errr - yes as the clubs in RL ( both SL & NRL) hold the power- as I said-  I would say that as we all know it doesnt matter which country he plays for it would be at the digression of the club.

To be honest most of the NRL based players are on their way out or we have better in SL anyway - but SL clubs would have the final say anyway marra.

Is the term Marra part of the English language?

I noticed you use it in nearly every post.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Archived