Jump to content
tandle

championship funding

Recommended Posts

after searching and searching over several nights iam no nearer to finding what the championship clubs get in funding.

so if any of you can find out what the clubs get  for the 20/20 season i would be very grateful.

because its like going through a mine field talk about round the houses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tandle said:

after searching and searching over several nights iam no nearer to finding what the championship clubs get in funding.

so if any of you can find out what the clubs get  for the 20/20 season i would be very grateful.

because its like going through a mine field talk about round the houses.

When we were in Championship they gave us zero, nadda, zilch, zippo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tandle 

did you find out what championship teams get I bet you didn’t via the club 

did any of the people who called me out tell you 

oldham rugby will never find out what the RFL give to the private company that own your club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't surprise me if the forum was a damn sight smaller than it is now. Probably due to these new sky negotiations and a power grab by superleague. Thus rendering clubs to fold due to central funding being massively cut or stopped altogether. We should all be nervous about the future of the game outside superleague. That's just my take on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the nearest I can see for a answer  is this.

type in {non-super league clubs working to earn central funding}

it certainly doesent make good reading, it reads like there is going to be a cull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tandle said:

the nearest I can see for a answer  is this.

type in {non-super league clubs working to earn central funding}

it certainly doesent make good reading, it reads like there is going to be a cull.

Spot on mate, it's a case of superleague having the me me me attitude. Making a small sport even smaller. There's going to be a fair number of us fans with no club to follow after the negotiations with sky are concluded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't tell you what the current distributions are, however I can tell you the disparity between the team relegated from Super League compared to the teams promoted from League 1 has been around £7-800k in the past few seasons.

Oldham will have received just over 100k I think. The figure has declined year on year over the past 3-4 years.

Edited by RedandGreenMachine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/02/2020 at 13:06, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I don't think the full details of how funding is distributed has ever been published anywhere officially.

..and have been further complicated this season by the inclusion of "added value" criteria amongst other things, including attendance figures (decidedly dodgy at some clubs - we know who you are).

Most clubs themselves didn't actually know what their funding was going to be until just before the season began.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

..and have been further complicated this season by the inclusion of "added value" criteria amongst other things, including attendance figures (decidedly dodgy at some clubs - we know who you are).

Most clubs themselves didn't actually know what their funding was going to be until just before the season began.

and of course social media when you can pick up 1000 Twitter followers for less than £20.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So has anyone found out how much funding your team receive from the RFL 

Didn’t think so,  Anyone read the rugby league express last Monday the page about the stuff happening at Barrow 

he explained all about the funding and how clubs get money for increased crowds 

the vision he had for Barrow how he identified the ageing crowd and created a vision to change it not by charging more but attracting more to spend more 

build it and they will come mentally

Sorry if I am a pain in the ###### only saying what I see  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The interview with the Barrow chairman was very interesting. They have the benefit of playing in the a stadium they own and take profits for food and beer etc. But they have been very forward thinking and willing to take a risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barrow Chairman’s initiatives have to be applauded like giving out free season tickets to all school kids in the area and family deals but when we play out of town in somebody else’s stadium we’re at a huge disadvantage.......  Euromillions still looks like our best bet !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/02/2020 at 19:15, moorside roughyed said:

Spot on mate, it's a case of superleague having the me me me attitude. Making a small sport even smaller. There's going to be a fair number of us fans with no club to follow after the negotiations with sky are concluded. 

I am afraid you will be proven right.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

I am afraid you will be proven right.

I hope I'm wrong, it'd be a crying shame if it turns out like this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...