2020 NRL Supercoach Forum League - SC Season Completed

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a weird season this time around.  Off to a terrible start due to some bad luck with injuries and poor captaincy calls.  Ranked 35,000 after round 7 and all green arrows since.  Aim is now to get into top 5,000 and retain the TotalRL supercoach crown.🤞

Special mention to Pinging Pongas.  I've been in this league for the last 6 years and I don't think anyone has been ranked as high as 35, especially at this stage of the season.👏

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

I’m enjoying it. I like the fact that I’ve got enough trades to cope and have money to spend through various sales and money making players. 
That captain business is key really. It makes such a difference to get it right , or wrong.

I’d rather it wasn’t a part of this as I’m not a gambler and it’s generally a roll of the dice! 😀

With Haas being out for a couple of weeks maybe one team above will have to be called Pain in the Something Else

Kudos and hats off to the Pinging Pongas (24th overall is a stunning performance I could only dream of), but how close is most of the rest of this league? Only just over 100 points separate 6th from 13th - effectively one injury and one poor captaincy decision makes 8 places difference ....

On 25/08/2020 at 02:27, Spotty Herbert said:

Kudos and hats off to the Pinging Pongas (24th overall is a stunning performance I could only dream of), but how close is most of the rest of this league? Only just over 100 points separate 6th from 13th - effectively one injury and one poor captaincy decision makes 8 places difference ....

Thanks mate, been a decent season had a shocker on the weekend but.  Not sure how I came across this comp but admire the set up you’ve got here, just came across it.  Looking for a top 10 overall finish 🤞🏼

Some stunning scores this week, with 1,400 not being good enough to win one match. Much too good for me, but as a Rhinos fan from the mid 1980's I got used to saying (until the mid noughties) "there's always next season". Good luck to all those still in with a chance of grand final glory and thanks for a season that has been much more fun than I thought it would be when we all went into lockdown.

TOTAL POINTS AFTER ROUND 17

Ty0ATUR.png

uF46Fqr.png

That's the highest set of scores overall that I've ever seen in this Points Comp over the many years of running it on this forum!

David's 1571 was outstanding ( a bit of an understatement there!) Oliver and James also topped the 1500 mark. Outstanding scores!

• Graham changed the title to 2020 NRL Supercoach Forum League - After Round 17 - updated Mondays.
5 hours ago, Graham said:

TOTAL POINTS AFTER ROUND 17

Ty0ATUR.png

uF46Fqr.png

That's the highest set of scores overall that I've ever seen in this Points Comp over the many years of running it on this forum!

David's 1571 was outstanding ( a bit of an understatement there!) Oliver and James also topped the 1500 mark. Incredible scores!

H2H Updated after Round 19

H2H PREMIERSHIP:

o5LaMaX.jpg

Our two finalists fo 2020 have been decided then. Well done to both James (PPs)and Oliver. Hard luck Peter and James (FCSelect).

Some pretty closes contests this week with generally lower scores than during recent weeks.

The obstacles to overcome have been a growing injury list to some key players and the resting of one or two valuable players before the finals.

Let’s look at the H2H Minor Premiership 2020.

Our two finalists have been decided:

mKSdHLJ.jpg
It is David (TRabs) who takes me, Graham (Darr D), on in this final. Hard luck to Michael (Dra7) and JP (RHoRLFC) who just missed out.

It was a close call for me against JP in the semi final. All of yesterday I was just two points ahead while lockout was still in progress. I know revisions to scores happen and I’ve seen such situations reversed when scores are finalised. In this case though it was my score that was upped.  
Good luck to all in the final week of the comp next week (Round 20).

Total Points After Round 19

Z6ofKeT.jpg
dN0TkGb.jpg

Generally lower scores this week which proved to be a toughy. Did you manage to field a decent team or were you firefighting against injuries and ‘restings’?

With one week left, anyone with trades left?

I’m guessing some of you will be tradeless by now and will be keeping your fingers crossed there’s not too many key players rested and that you can get round the latest set of injuries.

James and his high performing Pinging Ponga’s is nailed on to be our 2020 Champion with what is a big lead of almost 900 points going into the last week of our comp.

Currently at 31st overall James has had a brilliant season. 
Good luck everyone.

Round 20 will complete our TotalRL SuperCoach Season.

Can I make an plea to you to get in early next season when our competition will restart here on this forum for the 2021 SC season. The 20 places available are always taken and I wouldn’t want you to miss out, friend.

Cheers and all the best this week,

Graham

Well, that’s it pals, SC Season 2020 is over. 
Final positions in our league are decided as are our H2H finals.

I hope you enjoyed this season’s competition. To say it has been an unusual season is an understatement. Let’s hope that we can have a more normal season and world next year.

Remember to watch the forum during the off season and get in early to grab one of the limited number of spaces for next season’s TotalRL Australian Rugby League Forum SuperCoach Competition.

5noBhLv.jpg
The Grand Final in our H2H comp was won by a clear margin by high flying James and his Pinging Pongas. Hard luck Oliver, even so making the final was a great achievement.

Congratulations James our worthy H2H Champion 2020

So then there’s only the final ladder in our Total Points competition to be posted. Here it is:

8FiIggp.jpg
najc2tJ.jpg

Well done to James, David and JP who take the coveted 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions. This has been a fantastic season with places being fought over throughout and plenty of ups and downs to boot!
The headline news is that James and his Pinging Pongas have finished a magnificent 20th OVERALL in this season’s comp. that is absolutely magnificent. Hearty congratulations to you James.

TotalRL Australian Rugby League Total Points Champion 2020 JAMES (PINGING PONGAS)

Well done everyone else and thank you for taking part. Importantly I hope you have had fun, kept well and will continue to keep safe in the months ahead before we hopefully meet here again for the 2021 TotalRL SuperCoach competition. 
Keep watching this forum and get in there early to grab a place next season.

Thanks for taking part. All the best. 
Graham

Your comments on your SC 2020 are welcome here. 
Cheers

... and WELL DONE JAMES.

Like anyone who has spent a lifetime watching the Rhinos, I know the importance of finishing the season strongly as its much better to win the grand final if everyone has written you off. My best two weeks were the last two - after I had been knocked out of all competitions. Huge respect to the Pinging Pongas and thanks to Graham for all the organisation throughout this year (and others). Hopefully I will be back in 2021 with another new strategy that doesn't work.

15 hours ago, Graham said:

So then there’s only the final ladder in our Total Points competition to be posted. Here it is:

8FiIggp.jpg
najc2tJ.jpg

Well done to James, David and JP who take the coveted 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions. This has been a fantastic season with places being fought over throughout and plenty of ups and downs to boot!
The headline news is that James and his Pinging Pongas have finished a magnificent 20th OVERALL in this season’s comp. that is absolutely magnificent. Hearty congratulations to you James.

TotalRL Australian Rugby League Total Points Champion 2020 JAMES (PINGING PONGAS)

Well done everyone else and thank you for taking part. Importantly I hope you have had fun, kept well and will continue to keep safe in the months ahead before we hopefully meet here again for the 2021 TotalRL SuperCoach competition. 
Keep watching this forum and get in there early to grab a place next season.

Thanks for taking part. All the best. 
Graham

Your comments on your SC 2020 are welcome here. 
Cheers

... and WELL DONE JAMES.

It’s been fun, Graham.  Love the organisation & professionalism you bring to the competition & this page, structured & set up to perfection.  Was hoping for a top 10 overall finish to snag a lazy $1K but guess that’ll have to be next year.  Open to the idea of an entry fee for this one for 2021 too 😉 appreciate it, thank you & up the Knights!  

Archived