Roosters gearing up for WCC

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Trent Robinson is again taking the game seriously. It could be a cracker. 

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/23/barcelona-and-bushfire-relief-how-wcc-kickstarts-roosters-title-defence/

Can't be taking it that seriously. I've heard that he won't even be taking Latrelle Mitchell.

Looking forward to this . Robinson and the Roosters attitude to it has been outstanding and a breath of fresh air . It should be a big  game . Last year was a really good occasion . Great to see the NRL champs here 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Looking forward to this . Robinson and the Roosters attitude to it has been outstanding and a breath of fresh air . It should be a big  game . Last year was a really good occasion . Great to see the NRL champs here 

Robinson just seems one of the good guys doesn't he? Will put everything into everything and do it for the right reasons with a smile on his face. 

Saints have often struggled in this comp though, it's not often I hope for a Saints win but will always do so against the NRL team. Looking forward to it. 

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Robinson just seems one of the good guys doesn't he? Will put everything into everything and do it for the right reasons with a smile on his face. 

Saints have often struggled in this comp though, it's not often I hope for a Saints win but will always do so against the NRL team. Looking forward to it. 

St Helens' win/loss record in World Club matches is something they need to improve.

Still, it should be a good occasion, and the Roosters were one of 2019's most watchable NRL sides.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

It was a poor attempt at humour. I'm looking forward to the game actually.

It says Liverpool, the game is being played at Anfield?

Does it really say that - classic! That said I guess if a game was being played in Penrith our press would say Sydney. 

40 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

shame Latrell has departed ranks just before the game, would have been great to see him light up the game, any news on ryan hall? any involvement?

If he’s fit and training the place down I’d say he’s a strong chance with Mitchell gone and Brett Morris going into the centres 

2 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

It was a poor attempt at humour. I'm looking forward to the game actually.

It says Liverpool, the game is being played at Anfield?

I think they have to fly into Liverpool as St Helens airport is closed that day....

Should be a great game - best SL team of the past 10 years against the best NRL team of the past 5 years.

Sydney favourites but Saints have a chance.

16 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I think they have to fly into Liverpool as St Helens airport is closed that day....

Should be a great game - best SL team of the past 10 years against the best NRL team of the past 5 years.

Sydney favourites but Saints have a chance.

best nrl team mainly because of Mitchell , will still be good but cutting off their nose to spite their face wont bring them a premiership this year

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Hoping we put up a better showing than last time out against Souths, but frankly when the likes of that Souths team and this Roosters one really turn up you've got to be at the top of your game for 80 mins to get close, never mind win it.

On paper our team is considerably better than it was back then though (Burns and Wilkin half backs) and I don't need to see us play to know that Woolf will be a step up from Cunningham as coach!

Should be a great occasion regardless. Beating Brisbane at the Reebok is one of my alltime favourite RL memories.

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Funny guy.

very funny, of course 65 tries and 679 points in 97 appearances had nothing to do with them winning back to back premierships

Gutted to be missing the game after attending the previous 2 hammering the Chooks dished out to Saints in this country although I think Saints will make a game of it this time.

It will be interesting to see how Flanagan goes replacing Cronk and with Mitchell's replacement injured for the season will they go with Morris or Aubuson in the centres.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Gutted to be missing the game after attending the previous 2 hammering the Chooks dished out to Saints in this country although I think Saints will make a game of it this time.

It will be interesting to see how Flanagan goes replacing Cronk and with Mitchell's replacement injured for the season will they go with Morris or Aubuson in the centres.

I’m not a roosters fan but I’m a fan of Aubusson as he’s been a tremendous servant and is quality wherever he plays , and it was sad to see his GF end so early 

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

very funny, of course 65 tries and 679 points in 97 appearances had nothing to do with them winning back to back premierships

He was anonymous in several games last season and struggled to hit the form of the previous 2 seasons,Cronk will be a bigger miss.

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

He was anonymous in several games last season and struggled to hit the form of the previous 2 seasons,Cronk will be a bigger miss.

am sure from that footage any club would be happy for him to have a quiet game once in a while, good luck at sarfs kid

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

am sure from that footage any club would be happy for him to have a quiet game once in a while, good luck at sarfs kid

Greg Eden would look a world beater if he put together a highlight reel,

Apart from Souths who got him on the cheap,only Wests showed a serious interest and even they pulled the offer.

Mitchell can be brilliant when motivated but his performances last year at both club and rep level were a mixed bag,with the likes of Tedesco,Manu,Radley proving more influential in the Roosters run to another premiership.

Archived