Roosters gearing up for WCC

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Are you really asking me to explain to you the role of a winger in modern Rugby League? if you are, just check a few posts up when we discussed the distribution of workload in the Roosters team.

I am sure that Hall and Robinson would have preferred to get his name on the scoresheet in the games he played but unfortunately the Roosters attack didn't present him with any.  Hall not getting on the scoresheet was in no way reflective of Hall's performances as he didn't bomb any opportunities.

And what does 'barely got a game mean' mean? The guy was injured, are you saying a injury hit season means a player is poorer than the healthy players.  When Roger Tuivasa-Sheck only played 7 games for the Warriors in 2016 due too injury does that mean he 'barely got a game'.

I don't know why you find this complicated.  Hall had a injury hit season and when he did play the stats show that he made a really good contribution to the team.

We shall see this year.

If he cannot score at least a dozen tries in a team like the Roosters then there is something wrong.

His last season at Leeds had the writing on the wall.

His best days are well behind him and I am sure if he does not become a first pick Winger at the Roosters he will be “injured” until they can offload him.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah but he's English and playing in the NRLso won't get a fair crack off Aussie Al

Always in the background chipping away with emojis and snide remarks Davo5, somethings never change.

I have respected and appreciated many British players that plied their trade in Australia over the years.

Ryan Hall is done, stick a Fork in it.

14 minutes ago, Allora said:

His best days are well behind him and I am sure if he does not become a first pick Winger at the Roosters he will be “injured” until they can offload him.

Is that what the Roosters do, if they don't select players for the match day squad do they pretend that they are injured.

Why do they do that?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Is that what the Roosters do, if they don't select players for the match day squad do they pretend that they are injured.

Why do they do that?

Maybe if they sign a big name Test player who has the nickname WBW ? it’s easier to put them on the injured list than be asked why their big name import is not being selected as the first name on the team list.

It is not unheard of in the real world.

13 minutes ago, Allora said:

Maybe if they sign a big name Test player who has the nickname WBW ? it’s easier to put them on the injured list than be asked why their big name import is not being selected as the first name on the team list.

It is not unheard of in the real world.

So, we have now reached a point where you are insinuating that Hall wasn't injured last year when both he and the club were putting him through a rehabilitation programme.  No, they were just pretending he was injured as a cover up to the fact he wasn't selected.

Get a grip man.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

16 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Why do they do that?

No they don’t and for people to suggest otherwise is laughable.

Think what you want.

How many tries will he score this year and how many games do you think he will play?

My thoughts, less than six tries and less than a dozen appearances unless the Roosters have massive injuries.

I am done here when Davo5 the gibberer comes on to throw his opinion into the mix.

And I rest my case Davo5, you should be banned from this site, you have caused many posters to leave this Forum with your antics, negative behavior and stupid emojis.

You bring a lot less than you contribute to this place.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

No they don’t and for people to suggest otherwise is laughable.

What would you know?

Wally Lewis was ruled out of a Kangaroo Tour by a Doctor when he claimed he was good to go.

Just now, Davo5 said:

When did he play for the Roosters ???

You are far stupider than I first thought and I had you down as very stupid.

I watched a lot of the Roosters games last year and Hall really wasn't that great. But he was coming off a serious injury so we can't judge to early.

Yes, he may of made good yardage but you can find dozens of big, strong Polynesians in the NRL and reserve grade to fill that role for a what I imagine would be a fraction of the price of Hall.

Also, some of the disappointment I guess would come from his reputation of being a fully fledged England international. If your an England starter your expected to be a top level player in the NRL. If you said even 3 years ago that Hall was the best winger in the world you would of had a pretty valid argument. So his performances get compared with Bateman, Hodgson, Whitehead, Graham, Widdop, Burgess x 3 etc who are all some of the best players in their respective positions.

Again, he was injured, but he has a great opportunity to bounce back especially as it looks as if Brett Morris will play centre this year.

Archived