The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

I reckon mounted on a pale wooden shield shaped board it would look primo. If there was a Beer Mat sized version to attach to a car You'd probably get ca$50 for it. Going by the size of your foot and you being an average size guy, that big one mounted on a wooden shield would be a few hundred at least. I'll take a Bumper Sticker size one if you do them.

Thats not my foot...my foot is much bigger than that foot...its one of the boys foot....not my foot.

Now don't put your foot in your mouth on this one....we've danced the dance before and I won...and you know it...or do I have to remind you when the Act of Union betwixt Wales and England occurred again???????

23 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

Sorry, but no it isn't. The minute any person in the public eye makes a public statement or gesture on the basis of moral or religious beliefs, then all other decisions that they make can be gauged against that initial decision. In this case, SBW has declined to wear the sponsors logo because it is in conflict with his religious beliefs. All I asked was how does him owning a share in a business that profits from the sale of alcohol not cause a similar conflict.

SBW is a great bloke. He comes across as genuine and has sense of serene calm. His gesture at the 2015 world cup final was a genuine reflection of a nice guy. I have no issue with he being Muslim either. It really seems to have made him a better person.

He's not wearing any alcohol sponsors is he? Not drinking or serving it himself. He's not telling anyone else not to bet, or for the league not to take the sponsorship.  It's just him not personally wearing it.

Good for for standing up for what he believes, and good for TWP for accommodating. 

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

“It’s disappointing because they’ve come into Super League and all they have done since coming into the competition is moan.

“Don’t pay £3m to one player and then complain that you haven’t got enough players or enough money. It’s ludicrous, really ludicrous.”

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rugby-league-news/adam-pearson-slams-toronto-wolfpack-3771908

well if they got the rights to the american tv market then its kinda fair they get no tv money from england.  changes things doesnt it

You can average out any crowd,the Woolfpack were  drawing around 7000 a game early in the season but  considerable more at the end.Now they are Sl the gates will be much higher.They will certainly be a major club and others will benefit.

51 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

Betfred invest cold hard currency into the sport of Rugby League.

Toronto Woflpack invest cold hard cash into Toronto Wolfpack.

I know which one is better for the game of Rugby League in the Northern Hemisphere and which one is a rich mans folly, but some on here can't see the wood for the trees.

It's kind of moot given that Betfred doesn't operate in Canada. And the Wolfpack are a Canadian team eh.

54 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

Betfred invest cold hard currency into the sport of Rugby League.

Toronto Woflpack invest cold hard cash into Toronto Wolfpack.

I know which one is better for the game of Rugby League in the Northern Hemisphere and which one is a rich mans folly, but some on here can't see the wood for the trees.

Okay,  sure.

None of that had to do with my comment. Which wasn't about anybody investing in anything. 

I think you just want to pick fights. And nobody wants to see your wood.

18 minutes ago, frank said:

You can average out any crowd,the Woolfpack were  drawing around 7000 a game early in the season but  considerable more at the end.Now they are Sl the gates will be much higher.They will certainly be a major club and others will benefit.

The only significant numbers were the ones from Lamport where I suspect they averaged 90% capacity.

Good article on theglobeandmail.com on the Pack. I wish I could post the link but it seems to beyond the abilities of my phone's owner.

5 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

This thread is going well.

So far so good. I suspect it might soon get pretty unwieldy though.

2 hours ago, NOS4A2 said:

They are not a MAJOR club. They are a rich blokes project. They do not have HUGE crowds either. They have good crowds. They will maybe one day have good crowds that pay to attend, but at the moment, they rely on freebies to a beer festival.

Speaking of the beer festival. Given this is a MAJOR part of the match day experience, I wonder how the Phenom with morals who won't wear the comp sponsors logo sits with the beer being the #1 attraction at games?

By the way. I am not calling or inferring you or anyone else is stupid for disagreeing with me. You are the one doing that.

What is the definition of "major" club? Without an establish definition, we can't definitively say that they are or are not.

I would define a major club as being one that plays in a major league. And major league as the highest level in a region or structure.  

So by that definition,  Toronto Wolfpack is a major club.

I'm confused by the rest of your comment. Don't you like beer? Shouldn't the WP as good hosts provide refreshments that their fans enjoy?  

3 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Argyle comes from a country that slot machines pay wages.

You are now drifting..

Must be because your comment went right over my head.

3 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Then read and learn.

I just went back and counted - 7 other threads were locked and consolidated into this one.

And your comment still makes no sense.

Just now, Kayakman said:

How much do you think we will beat Castleford by?  We thumped them in pre season.

The big question is, are we going to see it on TV? 

Any pix of your completed project?

8 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Frank, come back.. Where you going? 
The facts is what always should be debated, not fantasy.

I was going to say read between the lines but there is only one.

Archived