The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

THIS ONE?

Too be honest, I had no idea that the BMO in BMO fields represented before reading that. Will the moral high ground potential scupper the Kangaroo Test?

Actually, no, but this article in interesting too. I can't really see a problem though. It's just the name of a building his team (remember he's a part owner) is playing in. It would be a bigger problem if he played for TORONTO FC - BMO are their shirt sponsors. Or a Raptor or Maple Leaf. They play in ScotiaBank Arena.

But the article I mentioned is probably from a day earlier. It doesn't sugarcoat the problems TWP are facing.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Yes it will be on TV.

wolpfpack sig.jpg

Not SNWorld I hope. Even if I wanted to pay for it it's not available in my cable package.

And ???

48 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Is there an internet delay? Or do @TIWIT and @K-Man  have a relationship?

We have two things in common right off the bat. We are both fans of TWP - me far less than he as he's undoubtedly the leader of the pack - and neither of us are your biggest fan. Which is fine.

Without getting too nuanced, I will ask... is this a Muslim thing or an SBW interpretation... I’m sure there are many Muslim’s, Christians and others with deep faiths playing in The Rugby League who have not taken this view. 
I am not religious but cancelled my Sharks family membership over the Dank Drug scandal, so I understand points of principle. 

there are very few sponsors with squeaky clean records! And maybe all upset some part of society because of their product, ethos or work practices. 

im not sure where you draw the line or who gets to draw the line. If it is down to the individual then that must surely be reflected during their contract negotiations... 

after the positivity of his singing this is a bit disappointing.

5 hours ago, SL17 said:

Argyle comes from a country that slot machines pay wages.

You are now drifting..

Argyle made his money in mining.  He is using that money to fund the wolfpack.

Your argument might make sense if he made his money in gambling.  But he didn't so it's just nonsense 

1 hour ago, Wollongong said:

Without getting too nuanced, I will ask... is this a Muslim thing or an SBW interpretation... I’m sure there are many Muslim’s, Christians and others with deep faiths playing in The Rugby League who have not taken this view. 
I am not religious but cancelled my Sharks family membership over the Dank Drug scandal, so I understand points of principle. 

there are very few sponsors with squeaky clean records! And maybe all upset some part of society because of their product, ethos or work practices. 

im not sure where you draw the line or who gets to draw the line. If it is down to the individual then that must surely be reflected during their contract negotiations... 

after the positivity of his singing this is a bit disappointing.

It's a Muslim.thing 

A strict Muslim won't isn't allowed 

No alcohol

Can't charge or receive Interest

3 hours ago, TIWIT said:

We have two things in common right off the bat. We are both fans of TWP - me far less than he as he's undoubtedly the leader of the pack - and neither of us are your biggest fan. Which is fine.

I like that about kman.  Pack leader. 

Take him with a grain of salt.  Because that's what he is salty.  So salty 

4 hours ago, NOS4A2 said:

That sir, is pure class (handclap emojie). It that your hand & thigh or it one of the "boys' as I am still trying to gauge the sheer magnitude of it ?

BTW.....Your Cat needs Feeding

Why do you care about the size of his hands and thighs ? What's the relevance to this thread 

10 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

And not everyone is kissing their behind.

Nobody asked you too have they ?

I just find it odd someone would be waiting for the season  to start so they can see a club fail.

Like.wouldnt they watch the season to you know enjoy the rugby ?

Or maybe seeing one of the most famous rugby players right now playing in super league 

7 hours ago, NOS4A2 said:

There is no connection between a rich bloke throwing over the odds wages at average players in Toronto and the long term growth of Rugby League in the northern hemisphere. Your post above seems to think that there is, so please, explain how Argyle overspending on players whilst not doing a jot to even start development is the silver bullet?

You not being able to make a connection does not refute anything.

We have a twelve team Super League, but only enough big clubs to fill half of it. Unless you are arguing that the sport is actually doing really we in the UK without TWP, you do not have an argument.

If you want the most short term thing, he is saving Super League 1.8 million quid a year.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Well this thread went as well as expected, literally no chance of a decent conversation because of the usual tedious imbeciles. And that sl17 post, wow, now that's one enormous lack of self awareness. 

28 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I am baffled by the Bank issue , so where does he keep his money ? , Shoe box under the bed ? 

It's a funny old thing the Islamic faith , so many interpretations 

There are sharia banks I believe, though I have no idea how they work. 

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

There are sharia banks I believe, though I have no idea how they work. 

Even in the UK most high street banks have "halal" accounts. I think its something like the interest is still paid but goes to charity

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

"halal"

Why did you call them this? Pretty poor stuff whoever coined it!

Wolfpack Hold 2020 Media Day in Manchester

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/wolfpack-hold-2020-media-day-in-manchester/

Cue why aren't they doing it in Toronto?   Business decision, Spoiler alert!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Toronto are speaking out of self-interest too, let’s get that right.

I’m really not sure Toronto’s Us vs Them strategy is wise given the other clubs hold the cards.

Yeah of course they are but I think they have reason to believe in the us vs them narrative. In L1 and the Championship they were welcomed by clubs whereas continually from some SL chairmen and fans they've faced this sad diatribe. Pearson's article reads like a "What have the Wolfpack done for us?" version of the monty python sketch.

Archived