The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You can't always be right on everything Dave.

Dave is always right ?

Toronto need to develop players for their own sake, not just the wider game, so it’ll be great to see the ‘putting rugby balls in kids’ hands’ slogan become more meaningful than a mission statement on a website.

7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Dave is always right ?

Toronto need to develop players for their own sake, not just the wider game, so it’ll be great to see the ‘putting rugby balls in kids’ hands’ slogan become more meaningful than a mission statement on a website.

You would not even believe the progress we have made so far...there is no stopping us now...glad to see you have finally come aboard Man of Kent...keep up the good work.

Dismissed.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Do tell. Evidence is scant

As a new junior member of the Pack you follow orders..you don't give them...not get out there and play with that Rugby Ball..make sure it is in your hands for the photo little fella...thats right...good Boy!  Click.

There you go.

31 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You say we should have/can have Canadian players...name one Canadian rugby player of SL quality which we could currently sign...give me just one name.....you can't.

You can't and therefore your point is moot...your argument is therefore also moot since it relies on this one point and this one point only...it is irrelevant in other words. 

I did read what you said, especially that personal insult you sent my way when I was just  trying to have a reasoned discussion...you hurt my feelings you know...you have yet to apologize. 

You can't always be right on everything Dave.

So I explicitly state I don't think you should have Canadian players at this stage, and you then explicitly state I said the opposite in the very next post. That is bare-faced lying.. Mods always ask for proof when there are claims of lying - well they have it right there. 

I'll leave you to your lies, have a good weekend. 

Unfortunately, this is the level this board has dropped to around TWP, and it ain't the Leythers. 

1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

I don't think that would happen with the relegation possibility - would be a major risk

You would only have to outspend 1 or 2 other teams to hang around in the middle of the pack.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

So I explicitly state I don't think you should have Canadian players at this stage, and you then explicitly state I said the opposite in the very next post. That is bare-faced lying.. Mods always ask for proof when there are claims of lying - well they have it right there. 

I'll leave you to your lies, have a good weekend. 

Unfortunately, this is the level this board has dropped to around TWP, and it ain't the Leythers. 

You are a very poor loser David!...and your logic in that first paragraph is well...to say the least...suspect.

Just admit you were wrong and we, as good Christian people,  can leave it at that....

And leave the people from Leigh alone...they have enough problems at the moment.

Put that temper back in your pocket you bad, bad boy.

4 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Dave is always right ?

Freshest bait on here 

On 23/01/2020 at 16:59, NOS4A2 said:

They are not a MAJOR club. They are a rich blokes project. They do not have HUGE crowds either. They have good crowds. They will maybe one day have good crowds that pay to attend, but at the moment, they rely on freebies to a beer festival.

Speaking of the beer festival. Given this is a MAJOR part of the match day experience, I wonder how the Phenom with morals who won't wear the comp sponsors logo sits with the beer being the #1 attraction at games?

By the way. I am not calling or inferring you or anyone else is stupid for disagreeing with me. You are the one doing that.

What a load of rubbish. Yes... rubbish!

Beer the #1 attraction? 
Is a team selling beer at a sporting event a novel idea to you?

Just because we do it better than other teams, doesn't take away from the product the team has put on the field that has also been top notch for the levels we've been in for 3 years.

Also, I've paid to go to every home game for 3 years.

It's one thing to have an opinion, but you don't get to create whatever facts you want.

Maybe spend more time focusing working on your teams deficiencies, whoever than may be, than putting down a team that has been extremely successful, both on and off the field, given it's only 3 years old.

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

Well Leigh managed to beat Wigan last night. Under your illusions of what friendlies are! That puts them favourites to replace you.

Good game? What was the score?

42 minutes ago, PatrickB said:

What a load of rubbish. Yes... rubbish!

Beer the #1 attraction? 
Is a team selling beer at a sporting event a novel idea to you.

Just because we do it better than other teams, doesn't take away from the product on the field that has also been top notch for the levels we've been in for 3 years.

Also, I've paid to go to every home game for 3 years.

It's one thing to have an opinion, but you don't get to create the facts.

Maybe spend more time focusing working on your teams deficiencies, whoever than may be, than putting down a team that has been extremely successful, given it's only 3 years old.

Bro he's a union fan who hates the idea of league taking off in Canada. 

Any success you have seems to be a threat to his perception of the order of the universe 

He's making stuff up.  Try and engage with reasonable critics imo rather than any critic 

There's nothing you can say to make him admit he is wrong 

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

Well Leigh managed to beat Wigan last night. Under your illusions of what friendlies are! That puts them favourites to replace you.

I wish Leigh all the best this year...you gotta let it go.

10 minutes ago, NOS4A2 said:

1. I am not a fan of any sport other than RL. I have 2 sides that I support in that game, one in Europe, one in Australasia. I admit to having played Union, but the only club I have ever has a season ticket to or even simply paid to get into a game other than RL is Glasgow Celtic!

2. Success you say? How is it a success that a team has purchased its way to to the top of a niche sport in an alien city without engaging the youth in their home city to encourage participation and who have now overspent on average players in such small numbers that their season could be over, but which may be a blessing as there's no TV deal in their area that will show said demise considered a success? They whine about no central funding then say they want to spend more of their own money over the cap to be competitive.

3. Made it up have I? Proof?

4. I am often wrong. I welcomed the idea of Toronto under the guise of perez's vision and that was patently an error, because now you've got 3 wealthy players combined with 20 overpaid players in a squad that needs 30 players all capable and fit.

5 What part of the above is made up?

Are you Parky?

19 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Are you Parky?

Not one cut-and-paste in any of his posts. Clearly not the late Parksider.

2 hours ago, NOS4A2 said:

Hello Patrick.

I've actually visited your fair city a few times and think, unlike you, it's quite nice.

1. Free Tickets...

Etc etc 

Mate, I’ve been watching Broncos since the first time I moved to London in 1999. As one of the many heartlands supporters who went along, it started as a way to get the fix whilst I’d I’m honest not committing to the cause. But you get sucked in eventually - the highs and the lows. Two key things I learned versus my original love of sitting in the Millward Stand at Rervers...

1. Up north people take for granted how embedded the club already is in the community. From a get people to games perspective, but also from a talent pipeline perspective. Broncos had to create everything from scratch, sometimes appallingly, sometimes with some success. But I got a new found humility comparing Rovers’ crowds of born-and-breds with every hard-won ticket sales (or even persuading a mate to come for free when not in their culture)...

> Toronto have bloody nailed this, it’s amazing, and as a marketer and business leader by day I can’t begin to describe how impressed I am. Paid tickets, memberships and junior programmes will follow this awareness. If only Fulham and various incarnations had this platform in Year 4. 

2. With London, Rugby League missed a huge opportunity (especially pre 1995 when teams like Sarries and Wasps played in parks) to support the new team from the core. A little disproportionate investment from the centre then, and the world would be very different now. The Americans are the worlds best at creating and building sports businesses in new markets, and they all - to the last one - take a “whole sport” approach to market expansion. And even then it doesn’t always work; but it does more often 

> Toronto are being even more left out on a limb than London. It’s comical. We don’t even let them have their share, their equal share, of the TV money. Despite them inevitably being a strong draw for audiences in 2020. Let alone provide any other central strategy or support.

As a London fan I’m amazed you lack empathy for their position. Watching the usual small-minded people bash Toronto whilst these days suddenly being more generous to London (there’s a new “other” in town) depresses the hell out of me.

As ever, our great game, whose rules have evolved to a phenomenal customer experience through the fire of 125 years’ battle for paying eyeballs, continues to shoot itself in the foot when someone actually comes along with a structural idea that might provide the potential of a step-change... how depressing 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

17 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Mate, I’ve been watching Broncos since the first time I moved to London in 1999. As one of the many heartlands supporters who went along, it started as a way to get the fix whilst I’d I’m honest not committing to the cause. But you get sucked in eventually - the highs and the lows. Two key things I learned versus my original love of sitting in the Millward Stand at Rervers...

1. Up north people take for granted how embedded the club already is in the community. From a get people to games perspective, but also from a talent pipeline perspective. Broncos had to create everything from scratch, sometimes appallingly, sometimes with some success. But I got a new found humility comparing Rovers’ crowds of born-and-breds with every hard-won ticket sales (or even persuading a mate to come for free when not in their culture)...

> Toronto have bloody nailed this, it’s amazing, and as a marketer and business leader by day I can’t begin to describe how impressed I am. Paid tickets, memberships and junior programmes will follow this awareness. If only Fulham and various incarnations had this platform in Year 4. 

2. With London, Rugby League missed a huge opportunity (especially pre 1995 when teams like Sarries and Wasps played in parks) to support the new team from the core. A little disproportionate investment from the centre then, and the world would be very different now. The Americans are the worlds best at creating and building sports businesses in new markets, and they all - to the last one - take a “whole sport” approach to market expansion. And even then it doesn’t always work; but it does more often 

> Toronto are being even more left out on a limb than London. It’s comical. We don’t even let them have their share, their equal share, of the TV money. Despite them inevitably being a strong draw for audiences in 2020. Let alone provide any other central strategy or support.

As a London fan I’m amazed you lack empathy for their position. Watching the usual small-minded people bash Toronto whilst these days suddenly being more generous to London (there’s a new “other” in town) depresses the hell out of me.

As ever, our great game, whose rules have evolved to a phenomenal customer experience through the fire of 125 years’ battle for paying eyeballs, continues to shoot itself in the foot when someone actually comes along with a structural idea that might provide the potential of a step-change... how depressing 

Well said. Thank you.

Archived