The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Dave , what costs do the players have when in Toronto ?

We've had this conversation. Are you genuinely saying that when they are in Toronto for 3 months they are pretty much treated like they are in North Korea and corralled round in convoys? 

Surely these lads do their own thing, eat out, enjoy leisure time, have families over etc? The cost of living is higher in Toronto so even going for a coffee and cake will cost more than in the UK. (for example). 

It is accepted that if you work in a drastically more expensive city, you get weighting, it is a relatively simple concept, and London weighting has been a thing for a long time. 

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes I have spoken to Toronto players. Do you honestly think that they don't buy anything for 4 months whilst in Toronto?  A simple yes or no will suffice.

Of course they buy things , but not housing or travel , it isn't a 4 month block it's going to be 5 two week stints 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

They don't have to sort that themselves , it is SALARY cap we are discussing , not a TRAVEL and HOTEL cap 

I see, so you would not object to per diem payments or generous expenses? That makes sense.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Of course they buy things , but not housing or travel , it isn't a 4 month block it's going to be 5 two week stints 

Well its odd that you have bothered to so many posts arguing against it. Even if you think that, and I don't agree with you regards to housing or travel but cant be bothered arguing that, you could have just accepted and agreed with the point several posts ago.

Leigh fans infatuation and hatred of all things Toronto is so weirdly extreme, I looked on rlfans and its borderline psychotic on there. Many people on here put across there dislike or scepticism really well with thought out reasoning. Leigh fans though, just garbage whataboutery and made up nonsense. 

22 minutes ago, dkw said:

Leigh fans infatuation and hatred of all things Toronto is so weirdly extreme, I looked on rlfans and its borderline psychotic on there. Many people on here put across there dislike or scepticism really well with thought out reasoning. Leigh fans though, just garbage whataboutery and made up nonsense. 

My God you're right, first time I've been on there for years and as it always was when I was a regular, the world is ending, rugby league is 2 seconds from total annihilation. Just reminds me why I gave up on that site. 

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

My God you're right, first time I've been on there for years and as it always was when I was a regular, the world is ending, rugby league is 2 seconds from total annihilation. Just reminds me why I gave up on that site. 

Parky is posting like a madman over there...same old tripe.

I think it's very telling that sbw is basically the main part of the super league video, he has brought huge kudos and Interest from non rl people that I know. His impact could be quite significant in introducing new fans to the game. Is he at the forefront of all the stuff the Wolfpack are doing in Canada? 

21 hours ago, Kayakman said:

We have to do what is best for the game and support expansion (for once)...Toronto deserves to be cut some slack on this after all they have done for the game and the League.

I think the TWP effect is something little understood and even less appreciated. The Inroads the game is making and the overall benefits could do with a bit of research & examination and spelling out. Of course what we don't tend to do very often is point out that TWP are included when it suits like the Dragons and left out in the cold when it's the opposite. No Sky money but limited by the slary cap is just one example that would have t'interweb alight if it was a heartland club!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well he used to give us a laugh didn't he? ?

And a good workout on the punchbag! ?

Quality over quantity 

His arguments added nothing as they were made up 

It leaves more room for rational ceitisim of Toronto 

E.g. their salary cap management 

yet

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

I think it's very telling that sbw is basically the main part of the super league video, he has brought huge kudos and Interest from non rl people that I know. His impact could be quite significant in introducing new fans to the game. Is he at the forefront of all the stuff the Wolfpack are doing in Canada? 

Just starting to gear up over here actually....need to elbow our way into the scene...you have to remember that all attention is currently focused on the winter sports (hockey, basketball, skating, skiing etc.).

We don;t have a game at Lamport for quite a long time...its an odd thing this playing so many away games at the start...so we really haven't started up with the ads etc.

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well he used to give us a laugh didn't he? ?

And a good workout on the punchbag! ?

Its always good to have the village idiot around for a laugh or two the odd time.

1 minute ago, aj1908 said:

Quality over quantity 

His arguments added nothing as they were made up 

It leaves more room for rational ceitisim of Toronto 

E.g. their salary cap management 

Well yes, no matter how silly some of the posting gets on here it is incredible sophisticated compared to what goes on on rlfans. It's a site of Parkys. 

7 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I think the TWP effect is something little understood and even less appreciated. The Inroads the game is making and the overall benefits could do with a bit of research & examination and spelling out. Of course what we don't tend to do very often is point out that TWP are included when it suits like the Dragons and left out in the cold when it's the opposite. No Sky money but limited by the slary cap is just one example that would have t'interweb alight if it was a heartland club!

That is why they need to get it right this time...I say 10% increase on the cap for Toronto with one extra marquee signing.

This is a minimum....we would also like our money back and visiting teams to pay their own bills.

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well yes, no matter how silly some of the posting gets on here it is incredible sophisticated compared to what goes on on rlfans. It's a site of Parkys. 

I didn't mind the nrl section on there years back there was a good selection of posters 

And gutterfax was there too 

One week he got banned like 20.times it.was so funny 

Just now, aj1908 said:

I didn't mind the nrl section on there years back there was a good selection of posters 

And gutterfax was there too 

One week he got banned like 20.times it.was so funny 

I always just remember that Jean Capdouze fella who always insisted on writing every players name out in full and hated expansion despite claiming to live in carcassonne and supported catalans. He came on here a few months back for about a day and had decided he could disguise himself by using the name, Jean Capdouzey....... 

Anyway, moving really far away from the topic at hand. 

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

That is why they need to get it right this time...I say 10% increase on the cap for Toronto with one extra marquee signing.

This is a minimum....we would also like our money back and visiting teams to pay their own bills.

I didn't say TWP should be given the keys to the Universe Kayakman, but there should be some discussion if we can avoid all the usual from the conservative element in our sport from spoiling it all, yet again.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived