The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

No problem, "the level" is home and away each week starting February...and a salary cap that applies to each member club...amongst many other things.

'Other things' such as an equal share of the TV money? And visiting teams paying their own travel expenses? Those kind of things?

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Compared to other sports in the UK rugby league is celebrated as being a family sport. Take us for example, the kcom is in a park and for weekend games we always out on a fanzone with rides for the kids and other child orientated activities, generally a small fairground type thing for a couple hours before the game, even had some people from the local bird sanctuary come with some birds of prey once. Got me some pics with the owls! ?

No rides or birds in TO. We just have half price beer for the kids.

8 hours ago, ojx said:

I'm just saying, it's not the same rules for everyone.

We shouldn't confuse Operational Rules with commercial agreements for entry into the comp. 

Operational Rules are written and can be found on the RFL website. 

7 hours ago, ojx said:

They are playing "home" and away in February. London had 10% dispensation, so it is not he same for each member.

In a thread where the club and fans are demanding to be treated differently, I admire your campaign to be treated exactly the same as all the other clubs. Of course that would mean no dispensation. 

The reality is that not all clubs and situations are the same, and agreements, dispensations etc. Will be made. Like the exemption of Canadian players on the quota for TWP. 

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

In a thread where the club and fans are demanding to be treated differently, I admire your campaign to be treated exactly the same as all the other clubs. Of course that would mean no dispensation. 

The reality is that not all clubs and situations are the same, and agreements, dispensations etc. Will be made. Like the exemption of Canadian players on the quota for TWP. 

It would be best if no Canadians counted on anybodies quota Dave , unlikely to see any in the short term be up to SL standards , not sure how it works with visas , but a better chance of any NA Union converts ' blooding ' themselves in the lower tiers or even NCL level initially 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

It would be best if no Canadians counted on anybodies quota Dave , unlikely to see any in the short term be up to SL standards , not sure how it works with visas , but a better chance of any NA Union converts ' blooding ' themselves in the lower tiers or even NCL level initially 

I agree. Whichever territories play in the pyramid should have their nationals exempt from quotas. 

However the risk with standardising quotas is where we see clubs have none of their nationals in the squad and maybe be an issue for the national side. 

I. E. Should we demand that Catalans have French players in their squad, or should they be allowed to have as many Europeans and North Americans as they like? 

Does SLE have international player development as one of its objectives or do they just want the best players in the world playing in the comp, no matter where they are from, like the Premier League? 

9 hours ago, ojx said:

They are playing "home" and away in February. London had 10% dispensation, so it is not he same for each member.

Thats because the players actually live in London! A 5% increase, if granted, would be generous given that 4 months is the window available for home games in Canada and, if the players are actually there all the time, 4/12 is  a third, which is less than half (of London weighting).

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Who did you go see anyway? 

Huddersfield and Leeds.

1 hour ago, TBone said:

Thats because the players actually live in London! A 5% increase, if granted, would be generous given that 4 months is the window available for home games in Canada and, if the players are actually there all the time, 4/12 is  a third, which is less than half (of London weighting).

Don't ever accuse anyone in RL of thinking small time and missing the forest because of a tree.

2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

https://www.totalrl.com/the-105000-toronto-salary-cap-dispensation-proposal/

Didn't think they would get that 

Starting to think super league is more flexible than i gave them credit for towards the Toronto experiment 

That needs to be tripled and another marques spot added.

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Now your being greedy.  

Not at all...more than reasonable...500 000 pounds immediate increase in the cap and three marquee players...for everyone, not just the Wolfpack...for everyone.

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Not at all...more than reasonable...500 000 pounds immediate increase in the cap and three marquee players...for everyone, not just the Wolfpack...for everyone.

Toronto in future years need to sort out their imports 

The chase guys are way too old 

Your imports are average 

As someone else said it made sense you overpaid them to win the championship but they don't deserve the wages 

That Cronulla guy on 500k for example 

I'd be trying to get some better halves like Hastings or for example Anthony Milford or jack bird or.even Josh Reynolds 

Maloney would've been an excellent buy

Get Cameron Smith for a few years he would be amazing.  

Its about spending the.cap wisely 

8 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Toronto in future years need to sort out their imports 

The chase guys are way too old 

Your imports are average 

As someone else said it made sense you overpaid them to win the championship but they don't deserve the wages 

That Cronulla guy on 500k for example 

I'd be trying to get some better halves like Hastings or for example Anthony Milford or jack bird or.even Josh Reynolds 

Maloney would've been an excellent buy

Get Cameron Smith for a few years he would be amazing.  

Its about spending the.cap wisely 

The cap is too smalll for us..it is like fitting a full sized body builder into the suit of a large boy/small man

gettyimages-139632393-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.fab2a54db91a54be043b9ce90e1be1d1.jpg

1 hour ago, Canis Lupus said:

So far it looks like SNW only as sky have the rights. If TWP can get the rights for NA things may change but a little late in the day now. Hence no CBC or Game TV.

What type of channels/networks are these three being mentioned here? Who has biggest reach etc? 

2 hours ago, Canis Lupus said:

So far it looks like SNW only as sky have the rights. If TWP can get the rights for NA things may change but a little late in the day now. Hence no CBC or Game TV.

Not good....this might be the chaotic year until the season is over and things finally get settled.  Its like you got two guys chest to chest or something...push...push.  

My tale on it is Sky will give in but only if there are very good viewership numbers coming out of Australia.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Not good....this might be the chaotic year until the season is over and things finally get settled.  Its like you got two guys chest to chest or something...push...push.  

My tale on it is Sky will give in but only if there are very good viewership numbers coming out of Australia.

Why would good numbers from Australia make sky want to give it up ? Surely the opposite 

Super league Gets less than super rugby or a league 

27 minutes ago, Dave T said:

What type of channels/networks are these three being mentioned here? Who has biggest reach etc? 

Biggest reach is CBC. Sportsnet world is a pricey channel.  If regular Sportsnet aired it it would be more widely available

Archived