The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, Chamey said:

Apparently Saracens wanted TWP to guarantee 5,000 sales in the form of a lump sum. TWP were unable/willing to do that.

All Martin Vickers would say is the move was necessary "due to circumstances beyond our control". It's not like Saracens are in a mess or anything.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, all the Wolfpack's fault. Not as if they didn't try as long as they could to work out an agreement with that fine upstanding RU club Saracens.

1 minute ago, TIWIT said:

Yep, all the Wolfpack's fault. Not as if they didn't try as long as they could to work out an agreement with that fine upstanding RU club Saracens.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting it’s all the Wolfpack’s fault.

But it does seem like they looked after their own interests when things turned sour with Saracens.

Maybe there’s more to emerge about what type of arrangement can be made for the Skolars and NW Crusaders?

Some points - Warrington renting their ground to the Wolfpack will also have asked for a gurantee regarding revenue so turning this game into a virtual Saints home match means that Warrington do not miss out financially as I assume  they will be paying for stewarding and other matchday activities and keeping the catering revenue as per a normal Warrington home game. - Money in the bank as opposed to an IOU

Second point - Yet again London Skolars have been dudded by Toronto  Funny how Toronto's defenders see nothing wrong in this.

Final point - Glad that Broncos did not allow their game againist Featherstone to become the undercard for Toronto.

Theres an old saying  - don't ask for credit as a refusal often offends... Most apt in this case

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

It's hard to point fingers without knowing the full circumstances, but it is far from an ideal situation that a game has been moved over 200 miles at four weeks notice and zero tickets have been sold for that game yet.

Credit to Toronto to appear to consider reimbursing fans, but this cannot be allowed to happen again, especially as many fans will have had their plans inconvenienced. 

A shame for London Skolars too that they have been denied the chance to play at a bigger venue.

2 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Some points - Warrington renting their ground to the Wolfpack will also have asked for a gurantee regarding revenue so turning this game into a virtual Saints home match means that Warrington do not miss out financially as I assume  they will be paying for stewarding and other matchday activities and keeping the catering revenue as per a normal Warrington home game. - Money in the bank as opposed to an IOU

Second point - Yet again London Skolars have been dudded by Toronto  Funny how Toronto's defenders see nothing wrong in this.

Final point - Glad that Broncos did not allow their game againist Featherstone to become the undercard for Toronto.

Theres an old saying  - don't ask for credit as a refusal often offends... Most apt in this case

As such an ardent fan of Melbourne storm it's really funny you seeing your attitude towards Toronto 

5 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Very good.  Nice pun.   

I think a few Rugby League journalists are going to look very stupid if things keep on going in the direction they are going.

It’s disappointing that a club with such a wealthy backer has a poor reputation in relation to its creditors. They seem to be making enemies within the game.

25 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It’s disappointing that a club with such a wealthy backer has a poor reputation in relation to its creditors. They seem to be making enemies within the game.

Give it a rest will ya!...the season is about to start...quit just trying to fill the information void....what are ya doin?  Trying to be the new Parky?

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Again why is this Toronto's fault? It's not as if Saracens have such a great rep of late.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Saracens are within the game of rugby league are they ?

Or are you just bringing up stuff from a year ago and tacking on Saracens to make a nonsensical post 

8 minutes ago, ojx said:

Instead of getting financial dispensation. How about a rule that Canadian players don't count on the salary cap. They could add numbers to their squad and work on converting a couple of Union players.

I've been saying it since the start  but some of them are so thick they won't/can't  understand....some of the anti Toronto posters on here are a few clowns short of a circus.

18 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I've been saying it since the start  but some of them are so thick they won't/can't  understand....some of the anti Toronto posters on here are a few clowns short of a circus.

That's the way to win people over. Too many pro expansionists/pro Toronto who even offer the slightest criticism against Toronto are labelled 'anti-Toronto' these days. 

I like the Canadian players dispensation idea - if that had been put forward I imagine It would have been much more widely accepted/supported. 

Archived