The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

Rochdale have a squad of their own, they've heavily recruited from the amateur ranks, now having a squad of 25+ players. They relied on dual registration with st Helens and Warrington in recent years, so probably didn't have as large a squad, and now it's Toronto they're relying on.  I do wonder will the fringe players in the rochdale squad be happy not getting regular games, if any at all, now they have a larger squad, plus the addition of Toronto players to swell the numbers by more, and how easy will it be to get released if possible, having signed professional forms. I feel there'll be some players isolated,and kicking their heals weekly in the rochdale squad, but will Toronto, or Rochdale give a hoot about these players.

I dont get this concern. For atleast this year I can only see this as an opportunity for Rochdale players exposure at SL.  It's not like Toronto have a giant squad....

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

I dont get this concern. For atleast this year I can only see this as an opportunity for Rochdale players exposure at SL.  It's not like Toronto have a giant squad....

Oh is that how it works.  That's good for Toronto too to give them depth.

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Glad I went to the BBBB last night instead of reading all this 

Funny isn't it , last couple of years it's been ' small time Championship clubs ' fans , now it's ' small time SL clubs ' fans 

This is why I was glad they got promoted 

Never had you down as a Bulls supporter...….

1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

1 hour ago, aj1908 said:

Oh is that how it works.  That's good for Toronto too to give them depth.

While the 'new' rules allow Championship and L1 players to 'train up' with SL clubs they only allow one player to DR 'up' to a SL club......

11 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

While the 'new' rules allow Championship and L1 players to 'train up' with SL clubs they only allow one player to DR 'up' to a SL club......

Hopefully we will only need one!

My point was really there aren't enough pack players to go down to dale!

1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

Is it being used for the rochdale players to step up or toronto to step down, the gulf between championship 1 and super league is massive, especially for players that have just come from ncl ranks. If Toronto are relying on this then there'll be a rude awakening for both parties. 

4 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

Is it being used for the rochdale players to step up or toronto to step down, the gulf between championship 1 and super league is massive, especially for players that have just come from ncl ranks. If Toronto are relying on this then there'll be a rude awakening for both parties. 

I don't think they'll rely on then but if the injury bug hits hard they a place to get a player at short notice

50 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

so toronto can only use one of rochdales players under DR? no more?

1 hour ago, usain bolt said:

I'm sure Josh McCrone would fit in okay.

1 hour ago, aj1908 said:

like why does he read a thread when it gives him so much bother.  reading all threads isnt mandatory lol

Leyther feels threatened somehow by TWP. No idea why. Maybe they don't have anything better to do there. I have thought of opening a thread about it but never have. I figure it would get pretty nasty pretty quick.

5 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Leyther feels threatened somehow by TWP. No idea why. Maybe they don't have anything better to do there. I have thought of opening a thread about it but never have. I figure it would get pretty nasty pretty quick.

Don't bother.  It's bc you signed their ex coach and some of their players.  And are stronger financially so can take a spot in super league from them. 

5 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Glad I went to the BBBB last night instead of reading all this 

Funny isn't it , last couple of years it's been ' small time Championship clubs ' fans , now it's ' small time SL clubs ' fans 

This is why I was glad they got promoted 

If the foot dragging about Toronto going up, denying them their share of the TV rights money and making them pay visiting teams' expenses isn't small time, just what would you call it then?

44 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

That's how the rule change notification reads. The 2020 Operational Rules don't appear to have yet been published so there may be some allowances for expansion clubs/areas.

An allowance for Toronto? Not holding my breath for that.

And if they don't publish the rules how is anyone supposed to know what they are? It's almost as if they're making things up as they go along.

28 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

An allowance for Toronto? Not holding my breath for that.

And if they don't publish the rules how is anyone supposed to know what they are? It's almost as if they're making things up as they go along.

I think a lot people forget you did have an allowance.

When you joined league one I am sure it had a cap in place that was removed to allow you to spend.

A dumb decision for two reasons firstly you should never have started in a development league it should have been the championship from the start.  I don't see who benefited from putting you in League One.

Secondly I think it was down right dangerous putting full time professionals in with players in a development league.

What has hurt Toronto is the Super League clubs breaking away from the Nigel Wood regime.

Toronto was a Nigel Wood project.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Good effort by the pups but where’s their first win coming from? Up next is Wigan away, then Wire away, Saints at Warrington, Leeds away, Hull KR away. 

I'm sure Richard Agar will do his best to oblige ? 

21 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Looks the most likely.

The season is so long that Toronto could lose the first 8-9 matches until they find their feet (I don't think they will).  Ultimately, they will win something like 10-15 games which is historically more than enough to hover above trouble. All those home games in succession will work for them as conditions improve.

Archived