The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The season is so long that Toronto could lose the first 8-9 matches until they find their feet (I don't think they will).  Ultimately, they will win something like 10-15 games which is historically more than enough to hover above trouble. All those home games in succession will work for them as conditions improve.

15 games? Not a chance, unless they somehow recruit an adequate squad 

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The season is so long that Toronto could lose the first 8-9 matches until they find their feet (I don't think they will).  Ultimately, they will win something like 10-15 games which is historically more than enough to hover above trouble. All those home games in succession will work for them as conditions improve.

It does not work like that.  They will only get worse as the season goes on.

Promoted teams need to get wins in the early rounds.

The bigger teams get better as the season goes.  Vital win for Salford today.

Just now, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

It does not work like that.  They will only get worse as the season goes on.

Promoted teams need to get wins in the early rounds.

The bigger teams get better as the season goes.  Vital win for Salford today.

That's not true entirely. Catalans have had some hopeless starts to the season like 0-6 and 1-6 and finished comfortably in mid-table. London won many more games in the second half of 2019 than they did in the first. They were 3-11 after 14 rounds, and 7-8 in the final 15 rounds.

12 minutes ago, Scubby said:

That's not true entirely. Catalans have had some hopeless starts to the season like 0-6 and 1-6 and finished comfortably in mid-table. London won many more games in the second half of 2019 than they did in the first. They were 3-11 after 14 rounds, and 7-8 in the final 15 rounds.

I would say Catalans are a big team, just one that fails to deliver consistently. 

London started off well in 2019 beating Wakefield, but I think it was acknowledged that they targeted certain games to win over the season juggling the squad.  

But we have our own opinions on how teams will go during the season.

Not relevent to the game, just a clipping to confirm that Oxford Cavaliers were growing the game in North America about fourteen years ago:

Last%20Years%20News.jpg

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 hours ago, TIWIT said:

An allowance for Toronto? Not holding my breath for that.

And if they don't publish the rules how is anyone supposed to know what they are? It's almost as if they're making things up as they go along.

Any allowances won't be 'for Toronto'. The DR rules have already had allowances for expansion areas for quite a few years now - whether that will also apply to upward DR remains to be seen. As for the (updated) Op Rules whilst not yet published on the RFL website I'm sure the clubs will have received copies.

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

That's how the rule change notification reads. The 2020 Operational Rules don't appear to have yet been published so there may be some allowances for expansion clubs/areas.

The 2020 operational rules were online yesterday, looks like they were updated this week. 

56 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The 2020 operational rules were online yesterday, looks like they were updated this week. 

Everyone knows that the fix is in for Toronto....it is what it is.

4 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Looks the most likely.

I agree....if we only win one game all season and its the Rhinos...well...its been a successful season.  The rest of it is clearly rigged against Toronto...no doubt.

50 minutes ago, Aerosaint said:

Apologies if this has been discussed before but has anyone successfully bought tickets for the Saints game at Allianz Park. There's a link to the Saracens page but cant see where to purchase.  

Isn’t this the game that’s been moved to Warrington?

3 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Honestly mate you keep making the same mistake, read the articles of association. The difference between the RFLs special preference share and the ordinary shares is spelled out. 

For there to be more shares, they need to be issued (they havent) for there to be less they need to be consolidated (they havent) as of right now SL has twelve shares that need 12 shareholders and a special preference share which only exists for the RFL and so is irrelevant. 

No, the above post is an irrelevent reply. 

You stated Super League needs 12 Shareholders. You are totally wrong, they do not need 12 Shareholders. 

On 07/02/2020 at 19:04, scotchy1 said:

If you look to dec 2018 you can see on the 13th James Rule resign and David Hughes appointed, then a confirmation statement on the 18th dec showing a transfer of shares from Widnes Sports Ltd to London Rugby League ltd. That has been similar in other years we have seen P+R. 

This year there is no resignation and there is a confirmation statement on the 18th dec stating no changes. 

If you look at the people registered to the company there are 15. Rob Elstone, Chris Brindley, and Graham Odlin as secretary then the 11 super league clubs and David Hughes who as of current filings with companies house is still a director and shareholder of Super League Europe Ltd. 

Seriously? 

You really do not have the foggiest idea mate. 

There is no requirement whatsoever to immediately notify Companies House of any changes in shareholders. A transfer could have happened anytime after 18th December prior to the season commencing, it could be up to maximum if 12 months before anything shows up on public records lol. 

Honestly, some of the font of all knowledge tosh you peddle.........

5 minutes ago, Celt said:

i think it is fair to say they look absolutely terrible at the moment.  That try from the kick off that Salford scored was barely worthy of professional sport.  It is the sort of thing you see in a school, or amateur match.

I really hope they can turn things round - if they are already operating close to the cap limit, then i fear the worst, as they really look like they need to get some players in.

Surviving in SuperLeague is not rocket science - big strong polynesian (ie: not too expensive) middles, and an experienced aussie half back, and you are half way there.  What might hopefully save toronto is the fact that there are a few other hopeless teams in the league too (or there certainly were last season, and they cannot all have drastically improved!)

and yes... i know its only 2 games in, but their performance level is dire, and their squad is incredibly light in numbers.

We are up against it and everybody knows it....we all know how this is going to play out...its by SL design.

We have to keep trying our best and there is one thing I don't want to see...giving up.  I expect the squad to play their utmost to the last minute of every game.  Never give up and never surrender...if we are going down we go down hard.

Can't wait to cheer the lads on at Lamport.

8 hours ago, Celt said:

i think it is fair to say they look absolutely terrible at the moment.  That try from the kick off that Salford scored was barely worthy of professional sport.  It is the sort of thing you see in a school, or amateur match.

I really hope they can turn things round - if they are already operating close to the cap limit, then i fear the worst, as they really look like they need to get some players in.

Surviving in SuperLeague is not rocket science - big strong polynesian (ie: not too expensive) middles, and an experienced aussie half back, and you are half way there.  What might hopefully save toronto is the fact that there are a few other hopeless teams in the league too (or there certainly were last season, and they cannot all have drastically improved!)

and yes... i know its only 2 games in, but their performance level is dire, and their squad is incredibly light in numbers.

I thought they shouldve won that game 

They don't seem that bad to me and Salford were the grand finalists even without Hastings 

The wolfpack will settle into super league They are used to dominating games.  

Until a few months in the season it's too early to say how their season will go 

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

And yet a confirmation statement has been lodged to say nothing has changed.

And you only have 14 days to notify them of a change in directors 

Its wierd that almost all.of your attempts to prove me wrong involve us just inventing indormation and imagining it is true.

I'm wrong that Toronto wouldnt have 11  home games in the NRL if we decide for no reason that they are going to scrap.the magic weekend.

I'm wrong about SL.needing 12 shareholders if we imagine for no reason they have consolidated the number of shares, or issued more shares and done this all in secret and arent telling anyone about it, 

I'm wrong that David Hughes is currently a shareholder of SLe as per companies house if we imagine that the confirmation statement stating that there was no change was simply a ruse to trick people, the list of directors is out of date and for some reason and with no evidence we decide all that has changed, in secret.

Post opinions as fact......get challenged. It really is that simple. 

Its weird you are never wrong, ever....about anything. 

Archived