The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

There’s never been a level playing field - ever.  In fairly recent times, Wigan were accused of signing youngsters just so no one else could have them. Or if not that, some other accusation about club X having an unfair advantage.

If Toronto crash and burn, and SL sit back and say ‘well that’s the way it goes’ then they are even more stupid than I dared imagine.

And they might just well be that stupid.  That's what we're thinking are they really that dumb? And deep down we think yeh they probably are 

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Robin Evans said:

If I'm honest I'd be ok with that. I wouldn't have any issues. But i suspect kayak fella would whinge if Toronto were relegated if they finish last.... i may be wrong

I think after months of being trolled kman has just been pushed into a corner to defend the wolfpack come he'll or high water 

I enjoyed the old one more but it's up to him to post how he sees fit.  

1 hour ago, aj1908 said:

I hope the bulls get back to super league.  English rugby league isn't big enough to have clubs like this stagnate

Been unlucky with bad owners.  Once you get the right owner  all that could  turn around fast.

That goes for all clubs if the fans will back them, Dr Koucash for example.

19 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It isn't..... that kind of my point.

Kayak fella was suggesting all they wanted was a level playing field. Under current laws, this has positive and negatives for Toronto.

Im merely prompting the question. Did kayak fella really want a level playing field.... cos finishing bum end = relegation.

Or does he just want the good bits and leave all the crapola for other clubs to sort???

I'm kind of in Dave T's corner with this. 

It's the money, mate. Filching the central funding, demanding a bond of half a million quid to participate in the Challenge cup, making Wolfpack pay for SL clubs' travel & accommodation ... the playing field slopes upward for Toronto at an angle worse than Batley's pitch.

If, at the end of this season, Wolfpack get relegated, then the SL clubs will lose the one-twelfth portion of the central funding and all the free publicity that Wolfpack are bringing to the game. So very short-sighted, so lacking in even the most basic inkling of strategy.

Just now, Loup said:

It's the money, mate. Filching the central funding, demanding a bond of half a million quid to participate in the Challenge cup, making Wolfpack pay for SL clubs' travel & accommodation ... the playing field slopes upward for Toronto at an angle worse than Batley's pitch.

If, at the end of this season, Wolfpack get relegated, then the SL clubs will lose the one-twelfth portion of the central funding and all the free publicity that Wolfpack are bringing to the game. So very short-sighted, so lacking in even the most basic inkling of strategy.

Batleys slope 

??

14 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

If I'm honest I'd be ok with that. I wouldn't have any issues. But i suspect kayak fella would whinge if Toronto were relegated if they finish last.... i may be wrong

Never whined about anything in my life...don't know why I would start now.

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Never whined about anything in my life...don't know why i would start now.

So .... go on then....

Toronto are accepted as full members of SL. Treated equal to the other eleven clubs. Toronto finish last and are relegated as would any other club be... you will accept this?

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

So, my dear uncle Roman Abramovich unfortunately passes away and leaves his entire fortune to me.

I am now minted and want to see Bradford back in SL playing at a rebuilt Odsal. 
But I don’t want to wait and insist they are promoted next year regardless of league position. 
However, Featherstone and Batley (random clubs) object and say that this is just buying success and is not fair.

What would you do? Tell me and my money to take a hike? 

Or think, this could be something in the wider interests of the game, sorry you guys they’re in? 

Nope. Toronto beat a random club on the pitch last year. I'm quite happy they got promoted through the mechanism I've advocated for two decades. 

Koukash goes to bradford and buys the club and fills the squad with good uns, c'est la vie

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

So .... go on then....

Toronto are accepted as full members of SL. Treated equal to the other eleven clubs. Toronto finish last and are relegated as would any other club be... you will accept this?

Are Toronto full members with a vote?  Are they treated equally to the other 11 clubs?  Have Toronto finished last?   In the answers to those questions lies what you seek.   Further, what exactly do you mean when you say, "Will you accept this?"

17 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

That they didn’t *have* to spend money on a Canadian team is mentioned as almost an afterthought. Yet can you name me a time in your lifetime of following RL (and it’s a lot longer than mine) where someone has come forward and been willing to even entertain this notion? I certainly can’t recall a similar instance of such generosity. A few conmen who took the money and run perhaps but not outright agreeing to take no money? 
 And yet.....they don’t jump through enough hoops. Jeez

The financial risk is very high for unspecified rewards that may come in a generation. SLE never had any intention of just going out spending millions on a club in Canada. We shouldn't be afraid of getting other people to fund things and then get all giddy and offer them everything. 

If Argyl wanted into an American sport he'd probably have to pay millions in entry fees. 

I have no issues whatsoever with the game demanding financial commitment for places. 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

He already answered the question a few days ago aj, he said if they finish bottom no way will they be allowed to be relegated.

It's an odd position to hold against the backdrop of unfair treatment claims. 

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Are Toronto full members with a vote?  Are they treated equally to the other 11 clubs?  Have Toronto finished last?   In the answers to those questions lies what you seek.   Further, what exactly do you mean when you say, "Will you accept this?"

Im putting this to you are a hypothetical scenario owd cock.

Just assume the scenario was to happen.... would you accept relegation if Toronto finished last?

5 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

So why even admit them in the first place? It’s a pretty weird attitude. What do you mean about being afraid of asking others to fund it? There’s hardly a queue of rich people waiting to throw cash at RL is there? Why be awkward with a rare one that does. 

SL don’t want them in as they feel it will be of no benefit? Ok fair enough, don’t admit them. 

But don’t let them in, and then once they get to the top table getting stroppy and saying there’s nothing to eat for you and anyway, hope you brought some sandwiches-  you didn’t have to come you know! 

There's a bowl of beef stew on the table. There's a bowl for us all.... enjoy it.

But if you finish last its downstairs for tripe and dripping with the rest of the sludge dwellers.

I'd be quite happy with that

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

Before yesterday, I was a sort of casual Toronto fan who hoped they would do ok but wasn’t that bothered really.

However after the last 24 hours and the debate on here, I’m a huge fan now and am gonna go and support them if circumstances permit. 
So they have at least one new fan. ????

You are one bolshy #### you are!!????

Funny mind....

So let's say I have three brothers, Tommy, Ronny and Johnny. Tommy asks Mam for more pocket money than his brothers. She makes her decision by holding a vote. "Who thinks Tommy should get more pocket money than the rest of you?" Result: 25% vote yes, 75% vote no.

Which is why you should never put management decisions up to a popular vote.

The amount of chin-whisker-stroking this daft poll result is getting ...

Archived