The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I seem to remember Jon Wilkin suggesting a thirteen team Super League a couple of years ago, he hadn’t joined Toronto or agreed to at this stage, and suggested that each teams “bye” week should be built around their trip to Canada, which made some kind of sense. 

No it tells us Jon Wilkin is thick 

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

For once Oxy our thoughts are meshing like a hand in a glove, TWP should never have been in a position were they got the wrong impression.

I wasn't just meaning TWP, The worng impression was that SL would support expansion, that it would support clubs that had the financial clout to provide it and it would welcome teams from North America for all the right reasons. All that SL had to do was their due diligence and plan well. It just seems to me that SL have simply taken over that most important of formerly RFL roles moving the goalposts.

Thank you for your appraisal of my thought processes though, I've included the resounding recommendation in my cv.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

No ffs. 

Well go on explain then, as I see it on your masterplan magic weekend there will be 6 fixtures which equals 12 teams and Catalan play somewhere close to home instead, so if they are to play someone to make up, who will they play? because whoever it is they will have played one more game than everyone else.

7 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I wasn't just meaning TWP, The worng impression was that SL would support expansion, that it would support clubs that had the financial clout to provide it and it would welcome teams from North America for all the right reasons. All that SL had to do was their due diligence and plan well. It just seems to me that SL have simply taken over that most important of formerly RFL roles moving the goalposts.

Thank you for your appraisal of my thought processes though, I've included the resounding recommendation in my cv.

Please define your explanation of "expansion" to me, I consider it to be getting more participants playing the game, thus expanding it.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Please define your explanation of "expansion" to me, I consider it to be getting more participants playing the game, thus expanding it.

Getting more to watch the game isn't expansion also? 

1 hour ago, Havenwarrior said:

TWP now recalling a player back from been On Loan for 1 game, he will the go back out On Loan.

HW

NO he's cup tied for FEV's match against Barrow saturday so FEV have agreed to allow loanee greg worthington return to  TWP for fridays game  and yes he will then return to FEV on Monday but if FEV had been playing a league match  this weekend he would have stayed at FEV

Move the salary to a set percentage of clearly defined income (not Directors “loaning” money)

That allows the cap to grow as the club’s income grows so providing an incentive

Yes only say 4 or 5 clubs would benefit on day one but that would hopefully increase in the future.

It also prevents the levelling off or race to the bottom we see to an extent at the moment

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Basic maths dictates that it works out fine. 

So everybody plays everybody else home and away , then 12 teams play at Magic Weekend , leaving one team still needing to play a game , so who do they play ?

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So everybody plays everybody else home and away , then 12 teams play at Magic Weekend , leaving one team still needing to play a game , so who do they play ?

Well, no, you scrap Magic Weekend or have smaller events with multiple games throughout the year. 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

So you've realised at last ? Excellent 

From memory I dont think Wilkin's suggestion (which you labelled him thick for) included Magic. Think he even talked about it pre-Toronto days when he was doing the players union and they were looking at ways of reducing demands on the players

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No, I’ve not realised anything. The whole idea that Wilkin suggested was on the basis that Magic was taken away, so you need to realise twenty-four isn’t an odd number. 

He didn't mention Magic , he hadn't thought it through , just like your good self 

You aren't the first to make this mistake , probably not the last , we've had it suggested several times in the last few years , don't feel to bad about it 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

He didn't mention Magic , he hadn't thought it through , just like your good self 

You aren't the first to make this mistake , probably not the last , we've had it suggested several times in the last few years , don't feel to bad about it 

He did mention Magic. 

2 minutes ago, Moove said:

From memory I dont think Wilkin's suggestion (which you labelled him thick for) included Magic. Think he even talked about it pre-Toronto days when he was doing the players union and they were looking at ways of reducing demands on the players

Did he specifically state , " we'd have to drop Magic Weekend " ? , No , so he hadn't thought it through 

Archived