The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Leeds just got a higher attendance on a Thursday night against Toronto than we did against Hull KR on a Friday, no away fans...

What was the crowd? Looked very sparse on TV. 

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/02/2020 at 08:24, scotchy1 said:

And yet a confirmation statement has been lodged to say nothing has changed.

And you only have 14 days to notify them of a change in directors 

Its wierd that almost all.of your attempts to prove me wrong involve us just inventing indormation and imagining it is true.

I'm wrong that Toronto wouldnt have 11  home games in the NRL if we decide for no reason that they are going to scrap.the magic weekend.

I'm wrong about SL.needing 12 shareholders if we imagine for no reason they have consolidated the number of shares, or issued more shares and done this all in secret and arent telling anyone about it, 

I'm wrong that David Hughes is currently a shareholder of SLe as per companies house if we imagine that the confirmation statement stating that there was no change was simply a ruse to trick people, the list of directors is out of date and for some reason and with no evidence we decide all that has changed, in secret.

?

The only way to go is 'UP" for Toronto from here..we have hit rock bottom...we have them right where we want them now!  They have taken the bait and fallen into the trap.

"Run With the Pack!"

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

The only way to go is 'UP" for Toronto from here..we have hit rock bottom...we have them right where we want them now!  They have taken the bait and fallen into the trap.

"Run With the Pack!"

Do you think this form will affect the attendances when they get to Lamport KM? Are crowds adversely affected over there with bad form? 

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

"Run With the Pack!"

I do admire your tongue in cheek optimism, Kayak. It may be absolute pie in the sky but it does make me chuckle. And never forget, you may not beat the Rhinos (or anyone else) on the field but there's always the jersey sales you might be more competitive with. 

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

"Run With the Pack!"

You are Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf and I claim my £5!?

12 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Leeds just got a higher attendance on a Thursday night against Toronto than we did against Hull KR on a Friday, no away fans...

Morbid curiosity Tommy, like the swan neckers on the motorway slowing down to see an accident on the other carrigeway.

But, please in all honesty what other than novelty value is there in enticing people to watch the bottom placed club in the division who have not won a game and up to kick of last night had the worst points for and the most points against in the league, perhaps it was in anticipation that Leeds would score a pan full of tries, and also recognising that after last week against Warrington after a couple of years of mediocrity the club is on a resurgence and those who have stayed away are returning, just a thought.

9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

"Run With the Pack!"

Totally admire your optimism K'man, the club as a team on the field is like the wounded animal backed into a corner, it has one last chance to lunge and bite for survival, but it will have to change it's stratergy and learn very quickly how to take evasive action instead of just thinking it can run over everything in sight, it has to learn new ways very quickly and adopt them, more of the same and they will soon be carrion for even the weakest to feed upon.

PS thought I would use a hunting analogy to best get the point across.

Agreed, good on Kayak but even he must now rea;lise everything in the garden is not rosy at the club at the moment.As Harry says a massive swing in their performances is desperately needed to secure any win.Even on last nights Interview with Nobby he did not seem convincing to me on trying to paper over the cracks. If he thinks one win is going to send them on a winning streak then he is certainly deluded. This team will never go on a winning streak. They are just not good enough for S.L.

Makes you think they dodged a bullet with the game against Saint's last week, if the conditions had been better Saints would have been likely to have at least equaled that score.

I have always been in favour of Toronto because I feel that they were the thing most likely to drag the RFL into the 21st Century and make it relevant to today's society, a big, modern city with a young affluent population was a golden opportunity to move our game forward in the Northern Hemisphere. Unfortunately it looks like the thing that will stifle them most is old fashioned rugby smarts, how to build a strong durable playing roster. Irrespective of what could or should have been done to help them, as in the Catalan's model, what would have been their best move would have been to engaged front office staff from the NRL, horse's for courses may have been the idea but they were badly advised in coaching, football manager etc appointments hence the situation they find themselves in now.

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

Do you think this form will affect the attendances when they get to Lamport KM? Are crowds adversely affected over there with bad form? 

Not really, the weather is far more of a factor.  Remember that this is Toronto so we are used to long losing streaks.  I can only speak for myself and my Clan but we will be there!

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Morbid curiosity Tommy, like the swan neckers on the motorway slowing down to see an accident on the other carrigeway.

But, please in all honesty what other than novelty value is there in enticing people to watch the bottom placed club in the division who have not won a game and up to kick of last night had the worst points for and the most points against in the league, perhaps it was in anticipation that Leeds would score a pan full of tries, and also recognising that after last week against Warrington after a couple of years of mediocrity the club is on a resurgence and those who have stayed away are returning, just a thought.

Regardless of all that Harry, the fact remains that come the end of the season despite being played on a cold Thursday night at the start of March, being on TV and Toronto bringing "No Away fans", they definitely won't be the lowest gate at Headingley this season. Indeed, from the figures I could just find now it seems they drew more than the Warrington game too!? 

Obviously though it must be recognised rightly that none of the crowd I was in last night really wanted to be there, and would much rather we were playing Batley in front of 300. Sonny Bill Williams wasn't even mentioned.

3 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I do admire your tongue in cheek optimism, Kayak. It may be absolute pie in the sky but it does make me chuckle. And never forget, you may not beat the Rhinos (or anyone else) on the field but there's always the jersey sales you might be more competitive with. 

We are now 1 and 1 with the Rhinos..plus we have the secret cream....don't forget about the cream.

3 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I'm quite sure they'd beat Hunslet.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Regardless of all that Harry, the fact remains that come the end of the season despite being played on a cold Thursday night at the start of March, being on TV and Toronto bringing "No Away fans", they definitely won't be the lowest gate at Headingley this season. Indeed, from the figures I could just find now it seems they drew more than the Warrington game too!? 

Obviously though it must be recognised rightly that none of the crowd I was in last night really wanted to be there, and would much rather we were playing Batley in front of 300. Sonny Bill Williams wasn't even mentioned.

Well I've watched my first ever games of SL because of the Wolfpack, I'm interested to see how they get on. They will definetly attract casual viewers to tune in.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally admire your optimism K'man, the club as a team on the field is like the wounded animal backed into a corner, it has one last chance to lunge and bite for survival, but it will have to change it's stratergy and learn very quickly how to take evasive action instead of just thinking it can run over everything in sight, it has to learn new ways very quickly and adopt them, more of the same and they will soon be carrion for even the weakest to feed upon.

PS thought I would use a hunting analogy to best get the point across.

You obviously don't understand the way of the wolf....not every attempt leads to a kill...there are many false attempts...but the Pack must learn from its previous attacks and adapt.   Don't worry about us Harry...I know its keeping you up at night so just take a sedative and relax....lots of the season left and we are getting hungry...ohhh so very  hungry!

PS:  Thanks for your PS.

1 minute ago, Keith989 said:

Well I've watched my first ever games of SL because of the Wolfpack, I'm interested to see how they get on. They will definetly attract casual viewers to tune in.

Totally agree and that has been my experience with non RL liking mates

11 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I'm quite sure they'd beat Hunslet.

Well...yes, yes they would. In fact they have done - twice. Not sure how that's relevant now they're in SL though, as it was pretty clear that's what I meant? I'm quite sure they'd beat any team outside SL. 

N.B. The Hunslet referred to in my handle (and avi) is Hunslet Club Parkside - NCL premier division side. FWIW I think we'd have a better chance of beating TWP than Hunslet in League 1. 

52 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Agreed, good on Kayak but even he must now rea;lise everything in the garden is not rosy at the club at the moment.As Harry says a massive swing in their performances is desperately needed to secure any win.Even on last nights Interview with Nobby he did not seem convincing to me on trying to paper over the cracks. If he thinks one win is going to send them on a winning streak then he is certainly deluded. This team will never go on a winning streak. They are just not good enough for S.L.

YOU WILL EAT THOSE WORDS!  We need Stanley in the line up to break the bad streak...he is an excellent defensive center as is Leutele.   Once we get Lussick back he will lower the shoulder and close some of those gaps in the forward pack.  Then the tide will turn.

Archived