The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

15 hours ago, Kayakman said:

RUGBY GODS WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US!

They are apparently Arrows' fans.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TIWIT said:

So if the game was 180 minutes long instead of just 80 the Wolfpack would finally be able to keep the Rhinos from scoring? Interesting theory. Of course by then the score might well be 180-18...

Btw, just what is the worst drubbing in SL history?

Probably still Salford at Bradford and one of the worst days of my life........lets not go there! Nearly two decades later we recovered and made it to a Grand Final so there was a silver lining eventually!

2 hours ago, TIWIT said:

So if the game was 180 minutes long instead of just 80 the Wolfpack would finally be able to keep the Rhinos from scoring? Interesting theory. Of course by then the score might well be 180-18...

Btw, just what is the worst drubbing in SL history?

Bradford 96 Salford 16. 25th June 2000.

4 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Where'd you hear that about the BlackJacks? That's interesting to hear, not much of a basketball fan but like to see Canadian leagues do well.

We'll see if the RBs keep that up, they were a bit of a disaster last year and I don't know if they've fixed it yet.  

The league said this a couple weeks ago that Ottawa was leading the league in season ticket sales.

9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

They have to compete...they have to strive foe the title....they have to give it their all...

AND THATS JUST THE FANS I'M TALKING ABOUT....  WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE WHAT THE PLAYERS HAVE TO DO!!!!!!!!!!

If the players give 100% every game thats what fans want.

Back on subject. London won 10 and got relegated. Of the remaining games let's look at the ones Wolfpack are capable of winning. I'm finding it difficult to see where a winning streak may come from. The glaring issue seems to be a lack of willingness to do the graft. There will be tight games that need grinding out and I don't believe they're capable of that. Kman may be right and they may click and I'll be happy to eat humble pie.

3 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

Back on subject. London won 10 and got relegated. Of the remaining games let's look at the ones Wolfpack are capable of winning. I'm finding it difficult to see where a winning streak may come from. The glaring issue seems to be a lack of willingness to do the graft. There will be tight games that need grinding out and I don't believe they're capable of that. Kman may be right and they may click and I'll be happy to eat humble pie.

They are capable of winning every home game they play

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Well, maybe, Saints need a crocked has-been but it seems an odd one, like it’s a favour. 

Well apparently Wheeler was wanted by a few other clubs (according to this weeks rugby press) so I'm not clear why St Helens would need to be doing 'a favour'....

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Well, maybe, Saints need a crocked has-been but it seems an odd one, like it’s a favour. 

Our star centre is out for “several months”, James Bentley is not a centre and is out injured, Adam Swift left the club during the off-season and so we’re left with Matty Costello, a young lad who’s played less than 20 Super League games, and Josh Simm, who’s played less than 5 Super League games as our only options. It’s a cheap, convenient signing for some depth and competition in a position we’re short in. 

This suggests 2 things:

1. Percival's replacement, James Bentley, may be out for a long time.

2. Woolf has little faith in Costello (who was our back up centre for the last 2 years).

A shame if Bentley is out for some time and also the reluctance to give Costello, Simm or Rizelli an opportunity.

I did always rated Wheeler when at Saints. If he wasn't so injury prone, I reckon he could have been a top player!

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto-wolfpack-partner-with-pro-x-rugby-academy/

Toronto Wolfpack are pleased to announce a partnership with Pro-X Rugby Academy that will see the two joining forces in their goal to further the growth of Rugby League in Canada. The agreement will see Pro-X become one of the Wolfpack’s first Full80 branded teams and organizations. 

Also, Quinn Ngawati looks too be back in the team.

new rise.jpg

1 hour ago, Pulga said:

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto-wolfpack-partner-with-pro-x-rugby-academy/

Toronto Wolfpack are pleased to announce a partnership with Pro-X Rugby Academy that will see the two joining forces in their goal to further the growth of Rugby League in Canada. The agreement will see Pro-X become one of the Wolfpack’s first Full80 branded teams and organizations. 

Also, Quinn Ngawati looks too be back in the team.

I never knew Calgary was a rugby hotbed of either code. Live and learn eh?

Quinn's back, but Gary Wheeler is gone. What's that do to the cap situation? If Wheeler left by mutual consent rather than just being released does that mean he's off the books?

4 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

I never knew Calgary was a rugby hotbed of either code. Live and learn eh?

Quinn's back, but Gary Wheeler is gone. What's that do to the cap situation? If Wheeler left by mutual consent rather than just being released does that mean he's off the books?

I'm really hoping your boy Quinn gets a chance off the bench. I for one look forward to seeing his debut in SL 

QuinnNgawati  20 yr old Canadian - seems that he will be on and off the bench DR with Rochdale Hornets for starters. And a big bench for his size - nearly 2m and 100kg !

38 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

I'm really hoping your boy Quinn gets a chance off the bench

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwi6s-LypJDoAhWDi1wKHQBgA2YQ0PADMAF6BAgHEAk&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.loverugbyleague.com%2Fpost%2Ftoronto-confirm-re-signing-of-quinn-ngawati%2F&usg=AOvVaw0ZE9Adtf_2HypJLX_ljPqM

7 minutes ago, glemiln said:

QuinnNgawati  20 yr old Canadian - seems that he will be on and off the bench DR with Rochdale Hornets for starters. And a big bench for his size - nearly 2m and 100kg !

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwi6s-LypJDoAhWDi1wKHQBgA2YQ0PADMAF6BAgHEAk&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.loverugbyleague.com%2Fpost%2Ftoronto-confirm-re-signing-of-quinn-ngawati%2F&usg=AOvVaw0ZE9Adtf_2HypJLX_ljPqM

In League 1 again. Still, probably will get a chance. 

Calgary is not a rugby hotbed, I have to say I have never heard of this company and I have a son who would probably be one of their customers. 
Pleased to see Quinn resigned hopefully he gets the chance to showcase BC over at Rochdale.

Archived