The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

He can't be taken seriously...this is the same guy who refuses to admit that more than 5 000 fans attended a game in Toronto.  I was at those games (ans were many others) and it is clear balderdash.

I hate conspiracy theorists as well.

And you are starting to sound like a Pommy mate!   " balderdash " ? You wouldn`t here that too many times in the Canadian wilds.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Rocket said:

And you are starting to sound like a Pommy mate!   " balderdash " ? You wouldn`t here that too many times in the Canadian wilds.

No, but we have a family board game called that which we play.

4 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

My word... takes me back to Bobby Fulton.

A whinging whining kangaroo who can't spell the word 'hear.' 

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

No, but we have a family board game called that which we play.

I have heard of it but know nothing about it.

Is it something like a game that you play where if someone gives the wrong answer you cry out "  BALDERDASH !!!!! "

8 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I have heard of it but know nothing about it.

Is it something like a game that you play where if someone gives the wrong answer you cry out "  BALDERDASH !!!!! "

Thats it!  Its like a word game...been awhile since we played.

20 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

My word... takes me back to Bobby Fulton.

A whinging whining kangaroo who can't spell the word 'hear.' 

Coming out swinging.... 

Mate I was just having a bit of fun🙂

I don`t want to antagonize you further , but you do know that Bobby Fulton was born and spent the first few years of his life --  you know where!

And now I am going to antagonize you , how about a "winning  winning Kangaroo". 

All in good fun sport.  See you at the World Cup.

9 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Coming out swinging.... 

Mate I was just having a bit of fun🙂

I don`t want to antagonize you further , but you do know that Bobby Fulton was born and spent the first few years of his life --  you know where!

And now I am going to antagonize you , how about a "winning  winning Kangaroo". 

All in good fun sport.

Absolutely no offence taken whatsoever pal👍

Knew Bozzo(spelling❓) was from Stockton Heath. Watched all his teams live including Manly 1987. Fantastic memories. 

You from anywhere near Glenning Valley NSW❓

Regarding topic thread: am sad about TWP. 

Just now, Wigan Riversider said:

Knew Bozzo(spelling❓) was from Stockton Heath. Watched all his teams live including Manly 1987. Fantastic memories. 

Apologies Bozzo's touring teams. Great kangaroo coach but what a win against Manly👍⁉️

1 minute ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Good on you mate'

I thought I read Warrington, but that was a long time ago,

Where is it near ?

Knocked the stuffing out of me too.

7 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Great kangaroo coach but what a win against Manly

Don`t get it?

I get it now , you meant the other day.

We don`t get enough against them.

Just now, The Rocket said:

Good on you mate'

I thought I read Warrington, but that was a long time ago,

Where is it near ?

Knocked the stuffing out of me too.

Yep. Stockton Heath is an area of Warrington. 

Fulton was before my time as a player but when he coached there was huge interest over here as they were proper kangaroo tours with intense rivalry. We never did win a series sadly🙄

46 minutes ago, Loup said:

"Maintain" away. Were you ever at Lamport?

There is only one camera base at Lamport. It faces the less popular stand. If anything, camera footage underestimates crowd size. And heaven forbid a club should practice well-orchestrated communication! How dare they!

Even the most ardent crowd-size-deniers have been in hibernation for months. Please don't wake them up.

I've been once. It was full

1 minute ago, Wigan Riversider said:

No I meant ancient history. 

Wigan v Manly 1987 when Bozzo coached Manly. 

Was that World Club Challenge.

I posted here the other day somewhere about an episode of " Dalziel and Pascoe " where Dalziel  was reminiscing about the year  "That Wigan won the Cup" over here Wigan have such legendary Rugby League status.

7 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I can`t believe that they would just throw that away.

I enjoyed it. Its a tow for just 3 nights away. I didn't know my ar se from.my elbow for a week afterwards.

Not as much as I enjoy toulouse but its better than Cas.....😛

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I enjoyed it. Its a tow for just 3 nights away. I didn't know my ar se from.my elbow for a week afterwards.

Not as much as I enjoy toulouse but its better than Cas.....😛

" a tow " ?

You mean to tell me that you travel to these different countries to see games. Wow.

21 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

" a tow " ?

You mean to tell me that you travel to these different countries to see games. Wow.

The travel isn't a tow. I enjoy that... as long as I'm not sat with anyone from cas like.....

Its the jet lag after.... i kept walking into walls half asleep for a week after. It took my 3 days to master walking and talking at the same time.....

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

He can't be taken seriously...this is the same guy who refuses to admit that more than 5 000 fans attended a game in Toronto.  I was at those games (as were many others) and it is clear balderdash.

North American projects if you prefer.
I never said toronto didn't go past 5,000, just that the average was around 5,000 more than 8,000. I watched a few games and highlights from Toronto. There were clearly instructions not to take a wide shot. The photos used for communication were carefully chosen. This is not a critique of this perfect communication just an analysis. You defend your club, that's fine, but you also have to accept that other, more neutral spectators will move the debate forward.

I am also awaiting your point of view on the statements of Kallum Watkins' wife." is currently facing a lawsuit in Canada over alleged unpaid bills and has previously faced legal action over moneys owed and claims from other creditors."

Last year the club also had money problems. Personally I think that the economic model of this club was too fragile and dependent on a single person whose financial means we do not really know.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

42 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Was that World Club Challenge.

I posted here the other day somewhere about an episode of " Dalziel and Pascoe " where Dalziel  was reminiscing about the year  "That Wigan won the Cup" over here Wigan have such legendary Rugby League status.

You'd have a lot of years to choose from.

6 minutes ago, fcl said:

I never said toronto didn't go past 5,000, just that the average was around 5,000 more than 8,000. I watched a few games and highlights from Toronto. There were clearly instructions not to take a wide shot. The photos used for communication were carefully chosen. This is not a critique of this perfect communication just an analysis. You defend your club, that's fine, but you also have to accept that other, more neutral spectators will move the debate forward.

I am also awaiting your point of view on the statements of Kallum Watkins' wife." is currently facing a lawsuit in Canada over alleged unpaid bills and has previously faced legal action over moneys owed and claims from other creditors."

Last year the club also had money problems. Personally I think that the economic model of this club was too fragile and dependent on a single person whose financial means we do not really know.

Well you are dead wrong on the crowd sizes...you'll just have to take my word on it (and of anyone else who went to the various games).  I attended every home game.

Watkins wife is upset (rightly so) but I don't think she is privy to such information.

Certainly a restructuring is in order and the current economic model obviously a remake and rebrand...this is where the support of the greater rugby community comes into play.

1 minute ago, fcl said:

I went to all home games, except for two, in all three seasons at Lamport. I'd put my "defence" of the crowd size as more informed than those who pore over a few highlights and come up with conclusions that suit their narrative.

Kallum Watkins's wife doesn't know the first thing about the Wolfpack. Her husband only signed with the club in May 2020 after returning from Australia. She doesn't know the club, the players, or the fans. She is not their employee - her husband is. She has never been to Lamport. I appreciate she may be upset, having moved her family back from Australia and with a sick father-in-law. But she shot her mouth off in a most unfortunate manner and showed extremely poor form in doing so. A lawsuit in Canada dates back years and is over a dispute on goods supplied. Has Mrs Watkins seen the Wolfpack's books? Has she personal knowledge about their accounts?

Of course the players and their families want to get paid and look to their future careers. Trashing the club is absolutely the wrong way to go about it. You ask me for my point of view? Based on this alone, if I were running a club, I'd never hire Kallum Watkins.

Curiously, everything she said is almost exactly parallel with everything Johnny Davidson trotted out from an anonymous source.

4 hours ago, fcl said:

I maintain that the crowds were exaggerated to serve as an argument and legitimize the project.
Oriented shots, choice of camera layout, well-orchestrated communication. Everything was done to give the impression that the club was breaking records ...
It was very good attendance (probably around 5000) with free entries, shows around with the famous beer garden but we are far from the 8000 spectators on average.

The TV images spoke confirmed the published figures, as you can see for yourself here.  The east stand was usually less full than the west stand because it faces the sun in the afternoon.

Lamport east stand Toronto vs. Barrow 9 Sept. 2017.jpg

Archived