The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Loup said:

"Maintain" away. Were you ever at Lamport?

There is only one camera base at Lamport. It faces the less popular stand. If anything, camera footage underestimates crowd size. And heaven forbid a club should practice well-orchestrated communication! How dare they!

Even the most ardent crowd-size-deniers have been in hibernation for months. Please don't wake them up.

I've had the pleasure of attending a Toronto game and can honestly say it was one of the best rugby experiences in over 35 years involved in the game. If anyone thinks 500 people watching a team that's been around 100 years shouting "forward" "knock on" is the future, god help us.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, snoopdog said:

I've had the pleasure of attending a Toronto game and can honestly say it was one of the best rugby experiences in over 35 years involved in the game. If anyone thinks 500 people watching a team that's been around 100 years shouting "forward" "knock on" is the future, god help us.

Yup.... Good experience..... toulouse beats it for me..... but thats just a personal choice...Blagnac is a similar if smaller stadium

4 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

He was using the word correctly, as the continental identity shared by the 35 countries which are in America and all of their 996 million American inhabitants.

Smart aleck.

18 hours ago, bobbruce said:

I’m pretty sure he did you should probably reread all his old posts just to make sure. 

Parky was always predicting the sky was falling. So if you see Covid in that light, he was right.

21 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Arguably its Fev, as last years beaten finalists, or London, as the team relegated at the end of last season, that should be given the chance to step up. The third option is the Wolfpack sit out the season and SL carries on with 11 teams till next year and they rejoin then. 

One thing is for sure, all 3 of those options would send the Leigh fans apoplectic 😂

Not me, going off last seasons results/league positions, that would make sense.

Just now, clogdance said:

Not me, going off last seasons results/league positions, that would make sense.

Fair enough, you've reminded me that I forgot Toulouse, as the league leaders at the time of suspension 

1 hour ago, Loup said:

But she shot her mouth off in a most unfortunate manner

How dare she complain about not being paid

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

Worst business case I have heard. 

This is the issue - whenever this question is asked, a tangible benefit is never presented. 

But hey, slag off Wakefield, that'll please the crowd. Let's trash our own game, history, clubs, players, development etc. but don't dare say a word against TWP.

He's basically a faux TWP supporter with an axe to grind against Trinity.

Incredibly transparent. 

10 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

She could have done it a better way, if any. 

Given this seems to have been a problem going back months..not a one off..I think she's entitled to cause a stink.  Clearly this keeps on happening and they have been allowed to get away with it..hence it keeps on happening. 

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

27 minutes ago, slowdive said:

I think she's entitled to cause a stink. 

Kallum will be looking for a new club. Her public ranting hasn't helped his career, however upset she may rightfully be.

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

He can't be taken seriously...this is the same guy who refuses to admit that more than 5 000 fans attended a game in Toronto.  I was at those games (as were many others) and it is clear balderdash.

I've been a season ticket holder since 2017 never missed a game plus I kept track of attendances -  2017 average attendance 6,992 in 2018 it was 7,218 (discounting the non Lamport Swinton game) and 2018 it was 7,898. 2018 GF official attendance was 9,974 due to fire code but unofficial was closer to 12,000. Just FYI

5 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I've been a season ticket holder since 2017 never missed a game plus I kept track of attendances -  2017 average attendance 6,992 in 2018 it was 7,218 (discounting the non Lamport Swinton game) and 2018 it was 7,898. 2018 GF official attendance was 9,974 due to fire code but unofficial was closer to 12,000. Just FYI

sorry meant 2019 GF  2018 GF was 9,266

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

Many last year just walked in without tickets. We saw loads doung that.  The "minders" on the gates didn't seem to care.

Other than the result it was a very enjoyable experience 

That's legit not possible. I've been to many TWP games.  There is security at every entrance.  Fake news.

15 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Mate..... i saw it with my own eyes..... the three of us did.

Even if they did how many would watch in this country if it was free. I seem to remember Swindon having a free game a couple of years ago and got nothing like those crowds

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Just now, DEANO said:

Even if they did how many would watch in this country if it was free. I seem to remember Swindon having a free game a couple of years ago and got nothing like those crowds

Mate.... im not arguing otherwise.

It was just an observation at the time 

8 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Swindon? Surely they wouldn’t let fans in for free?

34 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Many last year just walked in without tickets. We saw loads doung that.  The "minders" on the gates didn't seem to care.

Other than the result it was a very enjoyable experience 

Its electronic and just a quick phone swipe.

Archived