The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

36 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Many last year just walked in without tickets. We saw loads doung that.  The "minders" on the gates didn't seem to care.

Other than the result it was a very enjoyable experience 

I've been to every home game and never saw it happen...not once.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Robin Evans said:

Yes.... mine and my two mates tickets were indeed scanned.

We saw several just walk through without any scanning or showing of tickets 

If they had a small neck tag, colour coded, you could just walk in, but the ticket was paid.

Just now, Kayakman said:

I've been to every home game and never saw it happen...not once.

I've been to one. I saw it happen. So did my two friends.

I'm not getting into any protracted argument over this. Its what I saw. I don't recall any lanyards on show.... that is a possibility..... seemed a fair few though 

Just now, Robin Evans said:

I've been to one. I saw it happen. So did my two friends.

I'm not getting into any protracted argument over this. Its what I saw. I don't recall any lanyards on show.... that is a possibility..... seemed a fair few though 

The one entrance was basically 100% lanyards for admittance (south end).  I'm not calling you out on it since I know you saw what you saw.....I'm saying you missed something.

8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Here's a theory. 

Toronto knew relegation and promotion was off yesterday morning. 

Toronto knew the costs of playing with no home games whatsoever would be hugely costly. $3million Canadian is the figure.

Toronto also knew it needed a clearout of some of its squad - some players have been told to look elsewhere whereas some have been told they're required in 2021 but are free to find short term deals till the end of the season.

Toronto have called Super League's bluff and taken their chances. Super league will either have 11 teams only or 11 teams plus Toronto next year. It would cost TWP significant sums either way. Perhaps they're looking at Wigan Athletic and seeing how normal rules aren't being applied automatically and "extraordinary circumstances" are. 

I'd say you're about right there ,that is why I am very unhappy with this 

I was fine a couple of months ago with a UK only 9 round ' SL ' season played at genuine neutral venues all televised giving SKY it's contracted no of games , and the lower tiers not restarting at all with no P and R

But something stinks about this now 

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The one entrance was basically 100% lanyards for admittance (south end).  I'm not calling you out on it since I know you saw what you saw.....I'm saying you missed something.

Possibly. Its the entrance we went in. They scanned my phone x3.... loads went in without scanning. The place was rammed. Other than the result it was an excellent weekend.... 

12 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Possibly. Its the entrance we went in. They scanned my phone x3.... loads went in without scanning. The place was rammed. Other than the result it was an excellent weekend.... 

Perhaps Lamport has a 5G facial recognition system?

23 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Yes.... mine and my two mates tickets were indeed scanned.

We saw several just walk through without any scanning or showing of tickets 

If this were true the actual attendances would be even higher than the official attendances, as these people not “scanning any tickets” wouldn’t be counted in the official figures.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Mate..... i saw it with my own eyes..... the three of us did.

I've been to countless games, the only people I've seen getting in without tickets are club officials and players wearing an ID badge. The clue is this - when Wolfpack do give away freebies, they give a physical ticket so the person can get through the electronic gates.

Whether they survive or not is now purely down to David Argyle, he is the sole investor (never bought the other investors who remain silent story), their major sponsor is a leisure airline who’s parent company is looking for government support and has no business whilst the international travel ban persists and the other sponsors are either small businesses or other businesses owned by Mr Argyle. Now it’s anyone’s guess what is going on in his mind. I do know though that if they do regroup and the RFL allows them back in to whatever league they decide, it must be a condition that anyone responsible for the numerous front office failings (like Mr Vickers) must not be employed by the club, in fact I would not allow any of those people (plus Brian Noble, who departed suddenly after the salary cap fiasco) to be allowed to work for a RL club again.

7 minutes ago, Loup said:

I've been to countless games, the only people I've seen getting in without tickets are club officials and players wearing an ID badge. The clue is this - when Wolfpack do give away freebies, they give a physical ticket so the person can get through the electronic gates.

Look pal.... im telling you what I saw and what my two friends saw.

You can accept that or not. I don't give a toss either way if I'm honest. Jesus....

2 minutes ago, Loup said:

I have only been to one game (it’s a long way from Vancouver), my experience on the day was that everyone had a ticket and all were scanned. I have to say though that I found the prices to be incredibly cheap, in fact on a par with University sport ticket prices, and that was definitely a plan to attract casual attendees, first timers and people looking for something to do on a weekend. All of those are great ideas when trying to build a fan base but it does require you getting to near capacity each game to get anything close to decent revenue, unless of course you also flog a huge amount of merchandise, and to do that you need good stocks and a good relationship with your suppliers, something that seems to have been a problem in recent years due to payment issues.

26 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

I have only been to one game (it’s a long way from Vancouver), my experience on the day was that everyone had a ticket and all were scanned. I have to say though that I found the prices to be incredibly cheap, in fact on a par with University sport ticket prices, and that was definitely a plan to attract casual attendees, first timers and people looking for something to do on a weekend. All of those are great ideas when trying to build a fan base but it does require you getting to near capacity each game to get anything close to decent revenue, unless of course you also flog a huge amount of merchandise, and to do that you need good stocks and a good relationship with your suppliers, something that seems to have been a problem in recent years due to payment issues.

That was the plan and it worked. First season single-game tickets were just over $20, second season around $25 and third season around $30.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

I'd say you're about right there ,that is why I am very unhappy with this 

I was fine a couple of months ago with a UK only 9 round ' SL ' season played at genuine neutral venues all televised giving SKY it's contracted no of games , and the lower tiers not restarting at all with no P and R

But something stinks about this now 

Don't worry Gubs...you can trust the Wolfpack.

36 minutes ago, Loup said:

That was the plan and it worked. First season single-game tickets were just over $20, second season around $25 and third season around $30.

Yep, think I paid $60 for 3 of us to watch Thunder in the L1 play off game. By contrast when I watch my eldest son play football for Western Mustangs it’s $40 each (though he does get 2 comes for me and the wife).

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

One player who massively raised their (and SL’s) profile. TWP have given rugby league more column inches than the rest of the 11 SL clubs combined have for the last decade. 

May have raised the profile but certainly hasn’t raised the standard.  They could have had 3 players for that 1 wage that would have contributed more.

9 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

To play devils advocate, if 100 match going, season ticket holding people do the same as you, “your” club, or former club, your club loses a significant amount of money and any chance of being promoted/plucked from obscurity decreases. Is that the right thing to do?

Around a 1000 dropped off last time , me included 

45 minutes ago, Loup said:

Argyle has just officially stated to Sky Sports that he will not be walking away from the club and will continue with the Toronto venture....why don't some of the Naysayers just listen for a change?

Once they listen then they will hear...once they really hear then they can act....we've been telling them all along...slow learners.

"Run With The Pack!"

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Argyle has just officially stated to Sky Sports that he will not be walking away from the club and will continue with the Toronto venture....why don't some of the Naysayers just listen for a change?

Once they listen then they will hear...once they really hear then they can act....we've been telling them all along...slow learners.

"Run With The Pack!"

He said less than a week ago that Toronto would finish this season...

Archived