The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Around a 1000 dropped off last time , me included 

1000 STH not spending, lets say, £250 a year equates to £250,000. Spread that over the three years of licencing, thats £750,000. Making it impossible for Leigh to put together a sound enough business plan.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

He said less than a week ago that Toronto would finish this season...

He is all in...always has been.   According to the interview now the Wolfpack will be focusing more on player development in Canada....a very positive interview.....its on Sky Sports Twitter.

3 minutes ago, stevevalerugby said:

But at least Wigan had the courtesy to finish the season

Get real...there was no Covid and the British government wasn't kicking their players out of the country...be serious.

9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

He said less than a week ago that Toronto would finish this season...

You know what changed between then and yesterday don’t you though, it’s just you can’t make snide remarks about that. 

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

He is all in...always has been.   According to the interview now the Wolfpack will be focusing more on player development in Canada....a very positive interview.....its on Sky Sports Twitter.

We'll see. I'm not confident. 

If Argyle is genuine, in terms of the last part of what you say, I can't see much else other than League One and using a similar model to London Skolars, West Wales Raiders and Coventry Bears. Some will say that's how they should have started.

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

We'll see. I'm not confident. 

If Argyle is genuine, in terms of the last part of what you say, I can't see much else other than League One and using a similar model to London Skolars, West Wales Raiders and Coventry Bears. Some will say that's how they should have started.

Its out of our hands now....hopefully calmer heads prevail and find a way out of the mess they have created at SL HQ.  Elstone is incompetent.

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Get real...there was no Covid and the British government wasn't kicking their players out of the country...be serious.

8 minutes ago, stevevalerugby said:

But at least Wigan had the courtesy to finish the season

Should have been kicked out

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

6 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

The travel isn't a tow. I enjoy that... as long as I'm not sat with anyone from cas like.....

Its the jet lag after.... i kept walking into walls half asleep for a week after. It took my 3 days to master walking and talking at the same time.....

That explains a few things 😂

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

If true then he already knows that they have been demoted.

Just now, Oldbear said:

If true then he already knows that they have been demoted.

It is what it is...either/or makes no difference to him.   FORWARD!

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its out of our hands now....hopefully calmer heads prevail and find a way out of the mess they have created at SL HQ.  Elstone is incompetent.

This is a problem caused by The RFL and Toronto. Failing to pay wages on time and failing to pay people you owe, leading to multiple lawsuits is not the doing of anyone else but Toronto Wolfpack. The original incompetence come on The RFL's part, who allowed Toronto into the game without any strategic plan of what they could do for Toronto, what did they want from Toronto and how they'd achieve it. After the first few years of Toronto, Elstone was right to be wary and ask more of them. He also, as the head of an organisation that isn't cash rich, couldn't go bailing Toronto out.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

All players will be fully paid...just watch. 

Again, we'll see. I hope so, as you should get what you're owed but I have my reservations.

13 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

There are a couple of short (roughly 2 minutes each) videos on the Sky Sports RL website now that are snippets of an interview with Jenna Brooks. May be parts of the same interview. In one he mentions being better at getting people watching games turned into people playing the sport. The second relates to changes in approach that many would be supportive of such as giving TWP full membership and working to capitalise on the early achievements in raising awareness of RL in Canada.

21 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

1000 STH not spending, lets say, £250 a year equates to £250,000. Spread that over the three years of licencing, thats £750,000. Making it impossible for Leigh to put together a sound enough business plan.

And ?

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

This is a problem caused by The RFL and Toronto. Failing to pay wages on time and failing to pay people you owe, leading to multiple lawsuits is not the doing of anyone else but Toronto Wolfpack. The original incompetence come on The RFL's part, who allowed Toronto into the game without any strategic plan of what they could do for Toronto, what did they want from Toronto and how they'd achieve it. After the first few years of Toronto, Elstone was right to be wary and ask more of them. He also, as the head of an organisation that isn't cash rich, couldn't go bailing Toronto out.

Again, we'll see. I hope so, as you should get what you're owed but I have my reservations.

Hela it will all work out but you are clearly wrong on one point...it was Elstone that tried to play hardball and get Argyle to bail out the League, not the other way around.  Argyle was willing to help but they tried to play him as the fool and milk him like an old dairy cow...he would have none of it.   Elstone and some of the owners botched the whole thing, misread Argyle on numerous occasions although he made it very clear to them....and then they fumbled the ball like a bunch of drunken schoolboys looking at a Playboy pinup.   SL management has created most of the mess (but not all).  The ball is now in their court.

The players will be paid...it was never in doubt...take it to the bank.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Hela it will all work out but you are clearly wrong on one point...it was Elstone that tried to play hardball and get Argyle to bail out the League, not the other way around.  Argyle was willing to help but they tried to play him as the fool and milk him like an old dairy cow...he would have none of it.   Elstone and some of the owners botched the whole thing, misread Argyle on numerous occasions although he made it very clear to them....and then they fumbled the ball like a bunch of drunken schoolboys looking at a Playboy pinup.   SL management has created most of the mess (but not all).  The ball is now in their court.

The players will be paid...it was never in doubt...take it to the bank.

I don't think Argyle, a man that has failed to pay numerous bills on time over the past three and a half years, a man who has failed to pay player wages on time for the past 6-7 months and has made racist comments to a player in the last year, needs any help in looking the fool.

4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I don't think Argyle, a man that has failed to pay numerous bills on time over the past three and a half years, a man who has failed to pay player wages on time for the past 6-7 months and has made racist comments to a player in the last year, needs any help in looking the fool.

He is dumb like a fox, thats for sure.   Just watch how it all plays out.

Archived